FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
datrunk2dunk

25 HC thok.

Having problems with this fight. We were not able to get past the first phase effectively, usually dying around 20+ stacks sometimes around when we stack at 26~ or so. 

25 HC. Healers are good, player/skill wise. So i think it might be something to do with the way the raid cooldowns are being used. Would appreciate any help. 

This is what the the current rough plan for the raid cooldowns are.

/rw No 5 Banner
/rw No 7 Rally
/rw No 8 HOP Tranq
/rw No 10 Jack Link/Shay HT
/rw No 12 HOP Shaman
/rw No 14 OuSmoke/Disc Barrier
/rw No 16 Holy DA/
/rw No 19 42 DA
/rw No 21 Seizon DA
/rw No 24 Personals
/rw No 26 stack

Logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hcckeu5x8fcxjius/

I know all of you prefer warcraftlogs and so do i, but i forgot to log this fight, and these were the only ones i could find. Any input would be appreciated. 

Cheers :)

Log it to WarcraftLogs next time, and I'll take a looksie.

I'd move Shaman CDs later.  With a HoP and intelligent usage of Ascend, they can easily push 500k HPS.

Put DAs at 12-18, HoP/Ascend for 19-23.

I would stack Devo's a little earlier in the fight,, ~12 stacks. Throw BoP's on Priest and Tranqs before/after the Devo Chain. Then spirit link. Then stack and spirit shell ~23/24 stacks. Then use banners and such in between to see what's needed.

Healers should also have their personal offensive CD's too when needed. Also have raid personal CD's too.

• Like 1

I raid with Geoda so I won't double post our difference in rotation for 25HM.  One thing that we changed during progression and had people dying during the stacking to push transition was saving Barrier for that moment for everyone to stack under.  Have your Disc PWS spam, between offensive Penance, the lowest health raid members as the highest priority while trying to transition as well, until you get a better handle on keeping everyone alive.

IMO though, the thing that you could make the most use from is your Pallies taking Clemency and throwing out 3x more HoPs.  I see two HoPs on the list but I think I saw 3 Pallies in raid; 6 possible HoPs.

@WCL    Make sure your Advanced Combat Logging is turned on too.  We might be able to see something in your positioning that could help roll the Dino onto his side.

• Like 1

Oops. Yeah I meant Power Word: Barrier.. not Spirit Shell. 

You people?  That priest spell?  Do we all look the same to you too?!    Pallies... I swear.

• Like 1

You people?  That priest spell?  Do we all look the same to you too?!    Pallies... I swear.

What's the difference between a Priest and a ..

I'll stop right there ;)

Paladins +1

Thanks a lot for the tips. Since we have 3 paladins, is it advisable to actually chain all 3 devo auras? Or is it advisable to just chain 2 and save 1 for later?

How many cooldowns do you suggest saving for the second phase 1 aka the bat phase? And is it better to kill the bats before pushing him or can we actually relax but make sure they die at the start of the second fixate phase?

And thoughts on dealing with the fire phase? I read at places that its not at all ideal to even end up in that phase? 

There are many different strategies and it really comes down to personal preference. In our 25m raid we would use ALL our Devo's in Phase 1 and then make sure we kited long enough so that it was available in Phase 2. When bats went out we blew a big healing CD.. I think it was a BoP on boomkin tranq and nuked the bats down while everyone used a Pot. We then went long enough again so our CD's were available for Phase 3. Phase 4 with fire we basically skipped it by everyone stacking (Yes, in fire and still healing) so we could push the last transition and kill the boss. Thok was already low enough at this point that we did not need to handle phase 4.

However, in our 10m, we were able to get Thok to 50% in Phase 1 (or at the end of the kite phase after Phase 1). We then stacked for Phase 2 to skip that phase (and maybe not even get bats?). We did this since none of our CD's were available and by the time we got to Phase 3, we already had Thok to around 35%ish. 

Progression raiding really comes down to CD management. If it helps to make a spreadsheet with all your CD's, so be it. Some people use Google Docs as a centralized location. Some guilds also use an add-on called Angry Assignments. It's basically a synchronized notepad that everyone can see on their UI. This will be a reminder for players to know when to use which CD.

Edit: had some typo's that stood out.

Edited by Geoda

Thanks a lot for the tips. Since we have 3 paladins, is it advisable to actually chain all 3 devo auras? Or is it advisable to just chain 2 and save 1 for later?

How many cooldowns do you suggest saving for the second phase 1 aka the bat phase? And is it better to kill the bats before pushing him or can we actually relax but make sure they die at the start of the second fixate phase?

And thoughts on dealing with the fire phase? I read at places that its not at all ideal to even end up in that phase? 

For progression, we did 27-10-27-10, and held most of our CDs in Phase 2.  That would allow you to spend all 3, then spend all 3 in the Third Shout phase.

We did usually kill the bats by 10, but not always.  I wouldn't use them as a hard and fast rule.  If you have a DK tank, grip them together and chain stun them.  (Cap Totem/Remorseless Winter/Shadowfury/etc.  Coordinate long to short.)

Dealing with fire phase depends on how low he is.  If he's ~15%, I'd stack up, not moving for fire or anything, and blow all your remaining healing/defensive CDs.  He should push by around 10 yells again, and then you just need to ignore the jailer and finish him up in Fixate phase.

If he's higher, I'd mark a healer, and get the group to move together out of fire and try to survive as long as you can.  The main thing here will be pushing the phase when you're in danger, instead of dying, and that's why you'd all be stacked tight instead of in two camps.

• Like 1

If you decide that you want to kite him long enough so that you have cool down for every phase one and you go to around 28~ stacks each time, the important thing to remember is to open the jail door at 7m to enrage (3min into the fight) and at 4 min to enrage (6min into the fight.) you can do it slightly earlier if he's going quickly, but that's how you stretch out the whole phase.

Remember, the closer to transition him to 30 stacks (not going over 30) the more breathing room you will have in the kite phase to unlock the gate.

I'd also suggest that it's not a huge issue if you stack up earlier. We stack up at 20 stacks and usually manage to keep it going for another 5-7 stacks before transition.