FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Troxie1

WW Low DPS Feedback Requested

I have recently started playing a WW Monk.  I am at 549 Ilvl working on the legendary line.  I seem to have low DPS when it comes to fights.  Any feedback would be helpful.

Combat Log

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DxRJmnkyrbP7zvN4#boss=1623&wipes=1&type=damage-done&source=8

Armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Gairy/simple

Thanks for your help

Unfortunately, Garrosh is a really awful fight to try to analyze, just because of the mechanics, and the amount of extra DPS people put into those adds in Phase 1.  Along with that, Siege of Orgrimmar is tuned in mind with everyone having their cloak, and the melee legendary cloaks end up doing an additional 8-10% damage in single target scenarios, and upwards of 15-20% additional damage in high-cleave scenarios.  (!)

As for what I can see:

You have too many Tiger Palms.  You only want to use Tiger Palm to refresh Tiger Power, or if you have a Combo Breaker (free) proc.  Get that number down, and you'll be seeing more Blackout Kicks, and see your damage come up.

You NEED to make sure you're hitting Rising Sun Kick on cooldown.  It's one of your largest contributors to your DPS, and I definitely see the execution here lacking.  I took the fight length, and took off 28 seconds (which is excessive, to estimate for transitional periods), and it shows that you should've had at least 35, or 11 additional Rising Sun Kicks.  With those being executed correctly, you'd go up AT LEAST 12k DPS, probably closer to 15k.

You're casting Expel Harm an awful lot.  While I appreciate the attempt to do both damage and healing at no loss of Chi generation, it ends up being a significant loss in DPS because you weren't missing much HP when you did hit it.  IF you wanted to go the absolute best route, you should wait until you're below 70 or 80% to hit it.  Instead, I'd rather see you put all that energy into Jab so you can get down the fundamentals before the more high end stuff.

You're getting parried quite a bit.  Make sure you're trying to be behind every mob you can.  I see around 3-4% of your total attacks being parried.

Your Tigereye Brew usage is fairly off as well.  You generated 80, but used it 11 times.  You should try to only use it during a required burst phase, or if you're at or over 10 Brews stacks.  I used to recommend that people stack up to 18, and then you can spend twice in a row w/ Energizing or Bloodlust/Heroism, but I'm unsure how that applies to now.

• Like 1

Last night i used a new addon called SpellFlash to see if it would help with anything. To be honest clicking buttons that light up doenst really help me I feel as if it hurts me, like im not really learning anything but clicking flashing buttons.  If you want I can post fights 1-13 in SoO.

Thanks

Sure, fights like Malkorok are a lot easier to analyze, because you spend the majority of your time on a single target.

SpellFlash addons work for some people, but I tend to agree that they dumb down game play.

You're about 75% of the way there on your own, just gotta get that last 25% up to snuff.

Malkorok is the only one not on there! It's also the best fight to see if you know what's going on, because it's a single target.

Iron juggernaut?

The knock backs punish melee more heavily, and I'd rather see five mins on a dummy or Malkorok vs any other encounter, just for general rotation tuning.

Either way, I just went on vacation, and I'll glance at some other fights (such as Galak boss time and Imm burst phases once I get home Sunday.

So I've taken some time to look at a few other fights, lets dig in:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1FbQnhjxMakCqXdy#fight=17&type=damage-done&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24damage%241%240.0.0.Any%2471466.0.0.Boss%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24144484&source=52&start=8340562&end=8458778

Here's Iron Juggernaut, before the first Siege phase.  The snapshot length is just under 2 minutes, so we can really dig into the critical part of your rotation.

Once again, not using Rising Sun Kick enough comes to the top, with 10 casts out of 15 possible.  This is a definite key to the rotation, and should be the highest priority.  At one point, it was so bad that the debuff fell!  That means you waited over 15 seconds between RSKs!

I see no level 30 talent usage!  I can't believe I missed this in my first audit.  You should be picking Chi Wave, and using it after RSK in your priority, but only if you won't energy cap during it's GCD.

For example, if you have 80 Energy and 0 Chi, you want to use a Jab, because if you have a Chi Wave, you'll hit 100 Energy while you're coming off the GCD.  If you have 60 Energy and 0 Chi, you want to use Chi Wave, then Jab, and you shouldn't cap energy.

2x Fists of Fury in the first 2m comes down to poor energy management.  I see no Energizing Brew usage in there, but you were low enough Energy to spend 3 Chi on Fists?  That makes no sense.  Remember to use Energizing Brew once you're out of Bloodlust and can use the entirety of it's regen.

Remember this as your priority.  Engrain it into your play:

RSK > Maintain Tiger Palm's buff > Chi Wave as long as you won't cap energy > Blackout Kick > Jab > Fists of Fury as long as you can regen energy for it's entire duration and Energizing Brew is already on cooldown.