FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cam

Easy way to click name plates to multidot?

Hi Mages.

I am having trouble with multi dotting. I understand the concept completely and the snapshotting aspect, the only problem I have is actually clicking the name plates.

For example, on the galakras pull. I dot one mob up, dot the second then I try to click the 3rd mob and it targets the first mob again, then I try to click it again but it targets a different mob, then the nameplates move. By the time I have actually clicked the mob I want to dot it already has like 10 percent HP so it would be a waste to dot it.

So really my question is, is there an ingame command or addon that stack nameplates in a way that makes them easy to click and not have them move around every time the tank backpeddles an inch.

If there is only two or 3 mobs it is fine but on fights where 4+ mobs are stacked up on the tank I really struggle to click their name plate and lose maybe 10+ seconds in total over the course of a fight.

Hi Mages.

I am having trouble with multi dotting. I understand the concept completely and the snapshotting aspect, the only problem I have is actually clicking the name plates.

For example, on the galakras pull. I dot one mob up, dot the second then I try to click the 3rd mob and it targets the first mob again, then I try to click it again but it targets a different mob, then the nameplates move. By the time I have actually clicked the mob I want to dot it already has like 10 percent HP so it would be a waste to dot it.

So really my question is, is there an ingame command or addon that stack nameplates in a way that makes them easy to click and not have them move around every time the tank backpeddles an inch.

If there is only two or 3 mobs it is fine but on fights where 4+ mobs are stacked up on the tank I really struggle to click their name plate and lose maybe 10+ seconds in total over the course of a fight.

There are several addons like TidyPlate which has an option to stack or not stack nameplates. :)

Alternatively, you can use Tab key to cycle through your enemies.

When you have an Alt-Modifier for certain spells that can pose problems though.... I know I had those problems xD

• Like 1

There are several addons like TidyPlate which has an option to stack or not stack nameplates. smile.png

I have been using Tidy Plates for years now and must have looked over that option. I will take a look when I finish work.

Also Tab targeting is fine for the first wave of dot's. However using it to re-dot does not guarantee you will do it in the correct order and more often than not results in dots getting overwritten and having a lower uptime than clicking. 

You don't even need to use an option within tidyplates.

Interface-->

Names--> Under the tab Unit Nameplates there is a Nameplate Motion Type option. Dropdown menu. There there is an option for stacking nameplates.

This should do the trick
Cheers
Berlinia.

Try using a mouseover macro. That way, you don't have to actually "click" the nameplates, just hover over 'em.

To be totally honest, I can't wait till 6.0 and multi-dotting is a thing of the past.dry.png

Try using a mouseover macro. That way, you don't have to actually "click" the nameplates, just hover over 'em.

To be totally honest, I can't wait till 6.0 and multi-dotting is a thing of the past.dry.png

I would not recommend doing that as you more often than not might have the same problem as with clicking the individual nameplates when they are spread.

I would not recommend doing that as you more often than not might have the same problem as with clicking the individual nameplates when they are spread.

*Shrug*

I use it with tidy plates, which does display remaining duration of the dots so that does help somewhat. 

Of course, there are times when i just can't be bothered and just spam the button and moving my mouse all over. :D

As Oltier says, using Tab key to cycle through enemies is by far the most efficient and quick way to put DoT on everything. Just take into account that you need to have all mobs in range.

For Galakras waves of adds, you will not need to DoT everything twice, because basically you cannot be sure that all adds will survive second DoT. Just put your DoT on all mobs once and switch to your single rotation on priority mobs (either shamans or bonecrushers) with the extra bonus of AE depending on your spec / glyph.

Thanks,

- Elia -