Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trance

Issues with Havoc/ mouseover shadowburns

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why havocing "current target" and mouseover shadowburning adds doesnt work? Shadowburn will only land on my mouseover target and not the one I'm attacking and havoc charges won't be used.  I just noticed it after some tests on training dummy. As long as havoc is placed on a mob that is not my current target [which I'm attacking], mouse over shadowburn works just fine. Am I missing something here?

Why do people ask for help with their macro but not post their macro? Post your macro. From what you said it's hard to understand what it is that is happening.

Why do people ask for help with their macro but not post their macro? Post your macro. From what you said it's hard to understand what it is that is happening.

Thought it's a havoc issue and not a macro'd shadowburn, since shadowburn clearly lands

Anyway, here you go :

/use [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead,exists][mod:shift,harm]Shadowburn

For example on Norushen when an add is under 20%, I want to havoc the boss and mouseover shadowburn the add, so I dont have to switch from the boss. Shadowburn on mouseover targetted add works but havoc does NOT copy the shadowburn to the boss !

Edited by trance

Thought it's a havoc issue and not a macro'd shadowburn, since shadowburn clearly lands

Most of the time people just write the wrong macro, so it's always something to double check.

/use [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead,exists][mod:shift,harm]Shadowburn

Used it, tested it, no fucking clue what is happening. Even tried using /cast in place of /use, tried with Immolate in place of SB. It's just not copying the spell unless I untarget the target that has havoc on it. 

Very weird.

My *guess* is that it's some kind of really weird bug. I've never heard of this happening before and I know people that use macros like this.

Submit a bug report and rework the way you SB targets, only idea I got.

It's actually easy to miss if you don't track your havoc stacks. Going through my logs on spoils noticed none of my havoc/ shadowburns has landed, since I always have the big adds as my primary target. checked with dummy and noticed this.

I don't use macros for stuff like this because I don't trust macros, hard targeting and focus targeting has never failed me.

This has been around since the start of 5.2.

You need to add /cleartarget and /targetlasttarget either side of you shadowburn command in the macro.

Im not home until tomorrow evening, but it was discussed in detail on mmo-c if anyone needs it before then.

This has been around since the start of 5.2.

You need to add /cleartarget and /targetlasttarget either side of you shadowburn command in the macro.

Im not home until tomorrow evening, but it was discussed in detail on mmo-c if anyone needs it before then.

Wow, Just found some of those threads on mmo. One year has passed and the issue still exists. Unfortunately, adding /cleartarget and /targetlasttarget could do more harm than resolving the issue (due to spamming keys alot)! but that's just me.

Thanks

It doesn't cause any problems because you don't actually lose your target.

I use a focus macro for havoc, on my phone atm so cannot put it up but it helps me out , but if you google it I'm sure you will find it, makes fights for me easier, and I use the shadow burn macro on icy veins, it's a god damn useful macro for grouping adds that are under 20%.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Shadowburn
/targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]

Above is the macro I use for Shadowburn, which works around the bug with Havoc.

It would be troublesome for me because If I cast 3x shadowburns on the mouseover target back to back without delay, havoc would only copy the first SB or miss one, Unless I put a delay between each shadowburn cast. It might have something to do with lag tolerance and ability queue or my 120ms latency. I'm not sure though. At the moment, It just feels more comfortable to just switch targets manually.

I don't see how that is any different to manually selecting the target then spamming 3 shadowburns without delay, but to each his own.

If you need to space out the shadowburns on a secondary target, it would be much easier to maintain the boss as your target, and weave spells in between.

If you switch target and cant handle 3x shadowburn back to back, you're only going to waste havoc charges by casting filler spells on the non havoc'd target, or waste time waiting for latency to catch up.

Sorry, I had to be more clear. It only happens if I put mouseover shadowburn macro in between /cleartarget and /targetlasttarget and spam it. What I'm doing right now is :

Manually switching

- Have the boss as my focus. (eventhough he's already my target)

- Switch to the add while casting filler spells (i.e incenirate)

- Havoc the focus target (the boss) ( /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists][@focus, harm, exists][harm] Havoc) +  3x [normal]Shadowburns

This way I have time to switch to the other target while I'm GCD locked.

Or

- Havoc a random add [Galakras adds] or Boss that is not my current target ( /cast [@mouseover,harm][@focus, harm, exists][] Havoc)

- Mouseover another add/boss and 3x [macro'd mouseover] Shadowburns without delay