FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yalta

Resto Druid looking to improve

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to healing on my druid. My armoury is below:-

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Yalta/advanced

I healed Garrosh last night and we got it down. We two healed it reasonably well I think but I am looking to still improve my healing and gameplay. I would like to know from some experienced Resto Druids in what I need to work on or what I need to be changing. I have my World of Logs for the kill and they are below as well:-

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-op1eyxi4doibe3uv/details/388/?s=5888&e=6383

Any constructive advice would be great.

Thanks.

First of all, you should provide Warcraft logs, not WoL. From WoL ppl can't say much. 

Your trinket's are good, but you're pushing too much into haste - you're wasting socket bonuses, and if I were you I would not be doing that. You should optimize your gear using mr robot. (However there aren't many changes). And you definitely want to replace that waist.

Also you should consider losing some spirit, if your playstyle can afford that. You do not want more than 15k tops. 

Well, and there's nothing else to say pretty much, you should upload WcL so more experienced log analyzers can give you some comments smile.png

Oh and about talents - personally i prefer swift mend buff over incarnation. 

Edited by Pinkis

You can use these weights:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/6067-help-my-resto-needs-rescued/?p=64209

Also I failed to check, that you actually are missing some haste for rejuv breakpoint (13163). 

Currently I am using 6652 haste breakpoint, and have put some more into mastery. I personally really like the mastery healing bonus. I suggest you could upgrade your sha trinket and get the haste cap easier. Or try lower cap (don't know if it will suit you).

Ok thanks, I will get the the next cap and then go from there. I will get some logs together. Is there any particular fights that are seen as more beneficial to show someone's ability at all?

Personally I feel the most useful at Thok. That is the fight where my hps goes wild, even though I'm only OS healer :)

sorry to disagree with you pink but there some issues with your advice.

"Warcraft logs, not WoL" logs are logs. but yes warcraft are better but still logs are logs.

first you cant put a hard cap on how much spirit some one need. it a personal pref. yes if you lose some spirit you could reforge it to mastery or even pushing the next haste cap but again it how he feels about his mana regen.

you dont want to be in the middle of a haste break point, push to the next point or go lower. it a wasted stat if you are not on the break point a little above is OK.

At this point in the expansion wasting socket bonuses, is perfect alright. most of his socket bonuses are pure intel. haste and mastory are such good stats that a little more intel wont help as much as haste and mastory.

ok logs. your Harmony upkeep is at 97% that good. if you can push it to 100% do it. but 97% is better then a lot of people end up doing. the only down side is your mastory is low. so it only up your healing by 18%, that why mastory is such a good stat.

you dont really single target heal that much. you had 58 sage menders( 2 peace set) and yet you only used Healing Touch 8 times. you even only used Regrowth 17 times in a fight that is as long as hellscream. i suggest using the sage menders at about 3 stack. up your single target healing a bit.

over all i agree with pinkis get rid of that belt and go buy a 553 belt.

Thank times987 for you input. I will give the 6652 haste cap and the mastery build a go. If I am able to keep Harmony buff up 100% that then will help push out some more heals.

I will have to make a TMW for three stacks and then use the Sage Menders.

Thank you, I will raid this week and produce a log from Thok and Garrosh to see if there is any improvement.

you dont really single target heal that much. you had 58 sage menders( 2 peace set) and yet you only used Healing Touch 8 times. you even only used Regrowth 17 times in a fight that is as long as hellscream. i suggest using the sage menders at about 3 stack. up your single target healing a bit.

over all i agree with pinkis get rid of that belt and go buy a 553 belt.

Ok first, No, dont be looking to use sage mender ar 3 stacks each time.  Yea its quick but theres no point in thinking "Oh i got 3 stacks, let me use it"  Sagemender should be a spot healing bonus that you can throw out whenever some random spike damage happens on someone.  it compliments your healing touch for spot healing.  

Next, I've come to realize more and more how important haste and intellect are relative to mastery.  Before I thought haste was worthless because I just get the cap and I'm done, that mastery is the true end all be all.  But thats the problem.  Haste was only useful to caps.  Now with WoD on the horizion I see that haste is just going to get better and better becasue of partial ticks.  Haste is by far, the number one secondary stat for healing as a druid, but it still sometimes comes at the expense of intellect.

Yalta: Looking at your gear, you're just barely below where you can be to use 13k haste well.  You can still use it, but you'd be sacrificing a decent amount of intellect which I would never recommend.  Go down to 3k (maybe 6k idk i still don't think the WG tick is worth it) and then stack mastery.  When you can reach the 13k haste breakpoint without losing socket bonuses, I would make the switch.

Next, logs: I MUCH prefer Warcraft logs, its much easier and intuitive for me to navigate now than WoL, but I can try to make do.  WCL also makes it simpler for me to see how many times you cast WG, which is pretty important, but I can still try to figure it out.  I would much rather see more than just Garrosh, but if this is all you give me then so be it.

Lifebloom: 81%.  This is good, keeping it up 100% can help more with mana.

97% harmony: Very good.  You may be able to keep it up 100% if you have an aura that says when you have 5 seconds left on it.

Swiftmend: 27/32.  You may be able to weave in a few more, but overall very good.  Looks like you only used 4 of these on non WG, which is also good.

Wild Growth: 27 - should be about equal or more to your SM casts.

Nature's vigil usage: 5 - this is good, pretty much used it every time it was up or so.

Tranq: 2 - good too.

Nature's swiftness: 1.  I personally want to see more druid using this.  Its free 50% heal and instant to a HT.  That saves lives.  on an 8m fight I expect to see 5-7 casts of this.

Berserking: 3 good.

Innervate 2: might could use this more.  use it on CD after you hit 80% mana or so.

Overall the log is good.  I would personally like to see a bit more Mushroom usage on Normal Garrosh and more natues swiftness usage.  Mechanically, you're playing fine and just need to practice in picking targets or sniping healing with rejuv which just comes from playing a lot.

• Like 1

Awesome, some great details in your response that are of great help. I will look at setting up Warcraft Logs ready for this raiding week. I will see how many logs I can get to show you. I may also have some game footage as well if I can get it uploaded.

I will take a look at using Ask Mr Robot for reforging. Is there any specific weights I need to be using other than just the haste cap?

Thanks very much for the help.

@Time: Logs are not logs. There's a reason ALL of the top guilds have abandoned WoL for WCL. Warcraft Logs are simply better. They give you more accurate information, more easily accessible information, more useful information, and simply more information. World of Logs is out of date, no longer maintained, and full of bugs. Also, a little direct healing can be good, but you shouldn't be doing a whole lot. He's got 4.9% of his healing between those 8 Healing Touch casts and 17 Regrowth casts. That's plenty (and about how much I usually have).

You do have a lot of spirit, though, and I'd recommend sticking a lot of it into mastery. You should be able to function with between 12k and 13k spirit. I'd recommend evaluating your mana usage and seeing if you can improve. Read about it.

So, with Soul of the Forest, I'm going to make an odd recommendation on your stats. Go with 10970 haste. It's an odd number, but it's for SotF specifically when you can't reach 13163. Without SotF, you'll see 5 ticks on the HoT from Tranq, 5 ticks from Rejuv, and 9 from Wild Growth. When you use SotF with 10970, you'll see 11 ticks on Tranq's HoT, 11 ticks from Rejuv, or 19 ticks from Wild Growth. Give it a try. If you don't like it, just drop to 6652 and worry about it.

Your gear upgrading... weapon is good. Flex chest and a flex ring are not - hit your trinkets and weapon first, followed by the highest stat-budget items you know you're not replacing anytime soon (your pants would be next).

Since you gave us World of Logs, you're getting less information back from us as we get less information from WoL and what information we can get is just a hassle. You also gave us Garrosh, which is a wonky fight due to phasing. Your log looks fine as best as I can see from WoL. I can't go in and look at your SotF spell usage, though, without seeing WCL.

Since you're doing normals, the best fights for us to look at are going to be Protectors and Norushen. Just make sure you're the one recording and uploading so we can get accurate logs from you, especially Norushen.

@Time: Logs are not logs. There's a reason ALL of the top guilds have abandoned WoL for WCL. Warcraft Logs are simply better. They give you more accurate information, more easily accessible information, more useful information, and simply more information. World of Logs is out of date, no longer maintained, and full of bugs. Also, a little direct healing can be good, but you shouldn't be doing a whole lot. He's got 4.9% of his healing between those 8 Healing Touch casts and 17 Regrowth casts. That's plenty (and about how much I usually have).

would you rather have no logs? no when it come right down to it some logs are better then no log at all.

If you can't access the information you need to access in order to evaluate the logs, or you can't see the information in a way it needs to be presented to evaluate the logs, then World of Logs really aren't better than no logs at all.

To evaluate a resto druid, you HAVE to be able to go in and see what they're using SotF on. WoL literally does not have the ability to show you that. That's only part of it. Harmony uptime and LB uptime aren't great method for evaluating a resto druid, as they're something almost everyone does, good or bad. Of all the resto logs I've looked at, I'm pretty sure there's only been one person not doing at least one of those two very well. Even then, LB uptime can sometimes be negotiable depending upon the fight. Sometimes you have to just ignore it to save the raid.

If anyone wants us to evaluate what they're doing, they have to provide us Warcraft Logs or we can't do it, period.

If you can't access the information you need to access in order to evaluate the logs, or you can't see the information in a way it needs to be presented to evaluate the logs, then World of Logs really aren't better than no logs at all.

im not saying it the best thing in the world. i would rather have some logs over none.

If anyone wants us to evaluate what they're doing, they have to provide us Warcraft Logs or we can't do it, period.

then why are you commenting on his logs. if you cant do it you should not 

im not saying it the best thing in the world. i would rather have some logs over none.

then why are you commenting on his logs. if you cant do it you should not 

Please cease this discussion.

For the most part, as mods we ask everyone to provide Warcraft Log parses.  World of Logs is a deprecated website, which we are trying to raise awareness of, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the maker of WoL entirely stops supporting the server they are on when WoD is released.

Regardless of peoples opinion on the matter, there is no reason to deny help to someone that is asking for it, while we inform them of WoL's deprecated state.

Guys thanks very much for your help on this. I will run 3k haste about 12-13k spirit rest mastery and see how it goes. I will look to gain all of the socket bonuses. I will let you know how it goes.

With regards to the logs, my apologies this is my first time on the forum and they were the logs I had at the time, I will change and get the correct ones for next time.

Edited by Yalta

Guys thanks very much for your help on this. I will run 3k haste about 12-13k spirit rest mastery and see how it goes. I will look to gain all of the socket bonuses. I will let you know how it goes.

With regards to the logs, my apologies this is my first time on the forum and they were the logs I had at the time, I will change and get the correct ones for next time.

If 3k feels slow, feel free to try out that 10k breakpoint that Kaz mentioned.

Here are my protectors and norushen kills (sloppy kill I add) but never the less I am sure they will be of some help. I ran with 6652 haste and around 12.5k spirit. I found it a comfortable build actually.

Protectors:- http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1C8gXm7Jb9taYZFy#fight=2&type=healing&source=4

Norushen:- http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1C8gXm7Jb9taYZFy#fight=4&start=9681153&end=9940974&type=healing&source=4

Again any advice will be of great help.

Norushen

Swiftmend: 14 out of 17. Good work. Only missed about 3 potential, usually if you want to try to maximize, you're looking to heal someone with it every time its up.

Wild Growth: 15. This goes about with every swiftmend cast.

Lifebloom: 73% make sure you keep this up. (Removing the part after you died the uptime is 80% which still needs a little bit of work)

Harmony: 92%, 100% from when you died. So good.

Nature's Vigil: 3. Good - Make sure you're using them at appropriate times. Though on a fight like norushen, theres always constant damage

Berserking: 2. Good

Nature's Swiftness: 4 Good. Much better use from the last time you gave logs.

Tranq: 1 - Good, maybe could do 1 more.

New: Barkskin: 3 out of 6 - Defiantly shouldn't use on CD, but its good to see that you're making decent use out of it. When looking at logs I at least want to see it being used half the amount of times possible.

Iron Bark: 2 out of 4, really depends on your tanks. If they don't call for it, might be hard for you to remember, but if they are taking more damage than you expect it's a nice short cool down to pop on them

This is why we want Warcraft Logs

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1C8gXm7Jb9taYZFy#fight=4&type=casts&source=4&pins=0%24Main%24%23a04D8A%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2490636052.0.0.Druid%24false%24114108

73543YN.png

The pink lines are Soul of the Forest buffs, while the white ones are Wild Growth. Pretty much, we want to see wild growth during or immediately after a Soul of the Forest buff.

Your 2nd Wild growth didn't have the buff, but I'm going to chalk that up to the fight being real easy to start with. Lets see what you used that 2nd SotF on.

Looks like a Healing Touch

fsBKdqz.png

The rest of them look Ok. It even looks like you held off one swiftmend for a wild growth.

for the most part it looks good. There seems to be a 25s~ time where you didn't do SM or WG, so make sure you try to keep up with pushing the button. The last part of the fight is where you missed 2 of them, where it looks like you had died.

Over all again, your logs look good. If you want to improve anywhere its a matter of maybe using Bloom a little bit more smartly, and trying best you can to push our more Rejuvs or pick better targets.

Thanks for the analysis of the logs, really helps see what I need to improve but also what I am doing good. I made a lifebloom TMW and a Weakaura but clearly it needs to be more obvious or a bit more annoying so that I can really keep it up 100%.

Just a quick question, is there a need at all for a resto druid to take the orbs and go in the other phase on Norushen?

Thanks for the analysis of the logs, really helps see what I need to improve but also what I am doing good. I made a lifebloom TMW and a Weakaura but clearly it needs to be more obvious or a bit more annoying so that I can really keep it up 100%.

Just a quick question, is there a need at all for a resto druid to take the orbs and go in the other phase on Norushen?

No, unless your tactics require it. On normal mode we did Norushen only with disci priest going in. On heroic mode we've found that it's effective for healers to clear their corruption and then soak bubbles from the adds, so tanks would not have to. As we're doing hc with 3 healers, all of us are going in to clear corruption. So it depends on your tactics.

Yes it depends how your raid does it. I don't trust people sometimes so I don't go down (when I was in 25) just to keep that watchful eye out. But no, other than a total healing boost, you don't have to.

If your raid is dying to a lack of heals, you probably should look at add management before sending you down.

If you want to pad number and do more healing over all then you should go down.

Also, when you get more haste gear I would go to 13k if you don't lose many socket bonuses for sure.

When gearing this is your priority for pieces:

Haste/mastery > spirit/haste > spirit/mastery > everything else.

Item level first, don't let itemization tempt you to not upgrade (this is something I didn't do and learned too late), but also don't take gear from someone else if it is itemized better for them (like any crit pieces should go to boomkin / mistweaver before you take it)