FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sneekyturtle

Help with my Ret Paladin

I feel like i'm not doing enough damage or using my cooldowns (either defencive or offencive) enough or at the right time. and looking for tips in general. I've been playing Ret since Cata and i think I could set up my raiding game.

Armory::: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malorne/taurenturtle/advanced

Most Recent Logs ::: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2xjxkbyzryi6pp9b/details/3/

Your logs show that you're doing just fine, I wouldn't worry about your performance.

• Like 2

I feel like i'm not doing enough damage or using my cooldowns (either defencive or offencive) enough or at the right time. and looking for tips in general. I've been playing Ret since Cata and i think I could set up my raiding game.

Armory::: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malorne/taurenturtle/advanced

Most Recent Logs ::: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2xjxkbyzryi6pp9b/details/3/

According to your Armory:

• Your hit is 9.17%. You only need 7.5%, you can dump that into another stat
  • Your exp is 7.91%. You only need 7.5%, you can dump that into another stat as well
  • Your haste is 18952, I have heard that 17k will get you the extra Hammer of Wrath when spec'd into Sanctified Wrath. Personally, I dump all haste afterwards into Mastery.

On Norushen, your Inquisition up-time was 79.8% which is a huge DPS loss on this fight. It might be because you went down into the orb and whoever was running the parse was unable to track your DPS/Buffs, but this is just something to be aware of.

I think if you regem/reforge your gear, you can squeeze out a bit more DPS. Other than that it looks solid. I also see you using your "Hand of" spells a couple times which is always nice to see from a Retribution Paladin. biggrin.png

• Like 1

On Norushen, your Inquisition up-time was 79.8% which is a huge DPS loss on this fight. It might be because you went down into the orb and whoever was running the parse was unable to track your DPS/Buffs, but this is just something to be aware of.

I'm almost sure that Inq up-time is logged correctly even if you are down in the orb. I had the buff >98% yesterday (- and it wasn't me logging the fight wink.png )

• Like 1

I believe if you go down with inq, it thinks its up. If you go down without, it thinks you don't have it. Since Tauren went in right away, Inq counted as down.

Your haste is 18952, I have heard that 17k will get you the extra tick for Execution Sentence. Personally, I dump all haste afterwards into Mastery.

I've just noticed that hint at a ES extra tick and i'm confused about it. I've never seen ES ticking more than 10 times.

Can you give some example logs for that?

I've just noticed that hint at a ES extra tick and i'm confused about it. I've never seen ES ticking more than 10 times.

Can you give some example logs for that?

I gave wrong advice. I meant with the 17k haste breakpoint, it will give an extra Hammer of Wrath when using Sanctified Wrath. Thanks for the catch.

• Like 2