FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

My Disc Priest Improving

Hi, guys :)

Yesterday I finally got my meta-gem and now interested to improve my healing.

Here are some logs from today's flex

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nhB3WkqTL2awc1Ff/#boss=-2

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Pandadisc/advanced

I'm running on 7.5K of Spirit now, it was enough for the Flex. PW:S don't work for my, sorry.

Thanks a lot for any advices!

not bad over all. your mastory is still higher then your crit but it will even out in the end.

Power Word: Shield could be a bit better but it just take some getting use to to keep it on the tanks.

over all there some nice improvment

Congrats on the Meta!

Now that you have it, make sure you copy the WeakAura from the Sticky Thread in this forum to track it's proc so you can get the most out of it.  If, of course, you do not have it already up and running.  smile.png   Your AA is up over 50% on every kill, that's very important.  Your ToF uptime is below the 35% minimum threshold, going forward just be mindful of the adds that are available and hit them with a Holy Fire or Solace when they get low and get that ToF uptime as high as possible.

Sidenote, I watched your CombatReplay of Protectors and you would benefit more next time by taking DS as your L90.  Most of the time DS is preferable on this encounter.

Look forward to seeing more from you!

GL!

• Like 2

Thanks for replies, guys :)

I use WA aura for metagem procs, it's awesome. Tracking ToF it's a problem for me - I forget it all the time :-/ Not used to dps to get buffs...

Frankly, I think that DS is better too, but after reading before the raid in the "Disc in SoO" thread that Cascade is better on Protectors, I decided to give it a try. Didn't like it very much though. So I'll return to DS - I feel it more flexible.

I would love to do some normals on my disc, but my RL will bite me :D

Thanks for replies, guys smile.png

I use WA aura for metagem procs, it's awesome. Tracking ToF it's a problem for me - I forget it all the time :-/ Not used to dps to get buffs...

Frankly, I think that DS is better too, but after reading before the raid in the "Disc in SoO" thread that Cascade is better on Protectors, I decided to give it a try. Didn't like it very much though. So I'll return to DS - I feel it more flexible.

I would love to do some normals on my disc, but my RL will bite me biggrin.png

Bite back and HARDER!  Glad to see you are enjoying it. Even if you are just hitting the boss w/ atonement your uptime will be ~35%.  Maybe start there and then work on adds.  Keep at it!

• Like 1

I wouldn't say you need to track Twist of Fate so much as you should be using PW:Solace / Holy Fire and Penance on cooldown anyway.  That should get you the 35% from the boss alone, and you can go the extra mile and help DPS adds down. 

I don't know how your setup is, but I have the boss or some enemy targeted during boss fights nearly 100% of the time.  There is really no reason that you should be targetting your allies to hit them, so DPSing the boss is just a matter of hitting one of the smite buttons. 

Divine Star is only good if many raiders are stacked in front of you. If you are spread out it's Cascade or maybe Halo you should go for. On Protectors the raid can stack a lot (if they know) and should do so to ease pressure on healers in situations with high raid wise damage. DS will outshine the 2 other t90 talents by great lengths then.
GJ healing though. Just coin some better trinkets... inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_09.jpgPrismatic Prison of Pride!! (from Sha of Pride) and inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_16.jpgDysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity (from Siegecrafter Blackfuse) are the ones to go all in for but any trinkets from SoO will help. Remember to do LfR too. Those trinkets will make your day.

By the way... Legendary cloak quest.

You should be cheesing ToF whenever you can.  An add about to die? Hit it with Solace. An add's up and you know it will die soon? SWP that Sucker. Don't be afraid afraid of putting SWP on a MC'd player on Garrosh for the 15% increase to healing done, it hits like a wet noodle anyway. Mind sear shaman to gain ToF from blops. Everything counts, you want that buff to be up. Tracking it is an excellent way to know whether it's up or not.

• Like 1