FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stasis

Oy with the procs already!

[rant]

I think Blizzard have made a grave mistake in making significant DPS mechanics proc from multi-targetable dots.

spell_holy_surgeoflight.jpgFrom Darkness, Comes Light

spell_priest_burningwill.jpgDivine Insight

As it stands, we're encouraged to dot everything in range to maximize our single target DPS. Which is fine if every target is viable and we have raid leaders that understand us dotting secondary targets is adding damage to the primary.

In the real world (of warcraft), however, many fights will have targets that should be ignored, and many raids lead by people that rage when they notice dots on non-priority targets.The Protectors of the Endless encounter is a perfect example, a four boss council fight where the remaining Bosses heal to full when one dies. We'd be expecting to run dots on all four in order to maximize single target DPS procs. It's just going to be messy, raid leaders screaming about damage on non-essentials, other DPS muttering about meter padding; Shadow Priests getting our mastery or single-target coefficients nerfed due to too much single target damage.... wth are Blizzard thinking??

I'm sure this issue will raise its head on many fights in MoP. As it is, if I decide to continue raiding as Shadow, I'll have to justify my actions in every encounter, just for a silly proc mechanic that probably shouldn't exist. I can understand Blizzard wanting to add some interest into our rotation, and they sure love their procs, but this just has an air of inevitability about it.

Why didn't they just make them proc from Mind Flay and increase the proc percentage... why Blizzard? WHY?!

[/rant]

I understand u. I didn't do ds yet after the 5.0.4, I think I'm going to do today. Can't wait long to see my dps on warmaster fight and the rl's nerdrage on madness because my dots make the arm tentacle down 90%

I understand u. I didn't do ds yet after the 5.0.4, I think I'm going to do today. Can't wait long to see my dps on warmaster fight and the rl's nerdrage on madness because my dots make the arm tentacle down 90%

As a raid leader myself, I hardly think your lack of ability to control your damage constitutes his 'nerd rage' and explaining to you that if you can't control your DPS, don't do it at all. Or, would it be entirely impossible to cast Mind Spike to clear all DoTs?

As a raid leader myself, I hardly think your lack of ability to control your damage constitutes his 'nerd rage' and explaining to you that if you can't control your DPS, don't do it at all. Or, would it be entirely impossible to cast Mind Spike to clear all DoTs?

you understood wrong. i know how to control my dps. never did nothing wrong with this. In fact i'm the person responsible for calling to stop dps. but today i'll not stop in the first 2 plataforms (maybe 3) only to test this 2 procs. And i know that because this the rl will not be happy because he is a healer.

edit: And my explanation for this is. I need to test this in a raid environment, better start doing this now, in a fight that we know how to do, than wait until lvl 90 and do those tests during the progression. This is how i see, maybe I'm wrong. Posted Image

Edited by lmendonca

you understood wrong. i know how to control my dps. never did nothing wrong with this. In fact i'm the person responsible for calling to stop dps. but today i'll not stop in the first 2 plataforms (maybe 3) only to test this 2 procs. And i know that because this the rl will not be happy because he is a healer.

There are raid dummies available for you to test talents, abilities, and rotations. They are there so that you don't test the patience of your raid. A 10-15 minute fight is not there for you to 'test' your abilities with the negative consequences that come with it, such as causing extra healing.

There are raid dummies available for you to test talents, abilities, and rotations. They are there so that you don't test the patience of your raid. A 10-15 minute fight is not there for you to 'test' your abilities with the negative consequences that come with it, such as causing extra healing.

i agree with you, and i do this, but i like to see how the things go in a real fight. as i said when i edited my previous post "maybe I'm wrong".

A better example on Madness is to dot the Bloods before the Parasite spawns in order to increase DPS on the Corruption or Arm/Claw/Leg/Thingy. My raid leader tends to huff if he sees damage on the Bloods before we group them on the Parasite for AOE. It's probably not so important now with the nerfs, etc, but you get the idea. Same with the Terrors, dot em up to pump more damage into DW. We're an oft' misunderstood breed, we multi-dotters.

Keeping your dots on the Arm shouldn't knock it over before the Corruption dies. Ideally the raid leader would instruct the other DPS to ignore the Arm at the start of the platform to allow us to dot it so we do more damage to the Corruption... heh... not many raid leaders are that farsighted, however. And we DPS are a rabid bunch at the best of times, there'd be foaming at the mouth and great gnashing of teeth if we got to DPS something while they stood around Posted Image

Better still if Blizzard came to their senses and fixed us (IMO).

Edited by Stasis
  • Like 1