FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Delaila

Chicken needs help

Hi

I usally heal in raids and such but lately i have been starting do some dps, guess i actally wanted to use all that shiny balance gear i have been colecting for someting else other then questing tongue.png The thing is, I feel like my dps output is way to low for my ilvl (564) and i dont know if just needs more practice (rember to pre-pot and working on geting a higer uptime on the dots comes to mind) or if there is someting else that is wrong.Here are some lfr part 3 and flex part 2 logs and my armory. 

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LPCm3KQfhF7T6pxR

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Delaila/simple

I feel like i have been reading every guide i can come a cross but i dosent seem to get better, would like to be abel to get up to or atlest starting to get close to 250 wich seem to be what the other dpsers are expected to do.

Thankfull for any help or advice smile.png

Edited by Delaila

Looking at IJ for this.

Looks like you've got a handle on things for the most part. Just a few areas to improve:

You're only getting about 65% of your Shooting Stars procs spent on Starsurge. You want to make sure you're using your procs immediately and focus on making sure that's the next button you press once you get the proc.

Your Nature's Grace uptime is only 78%, when it should be 85% or better on a purely single target fight. You're probably refreshing your DoTs too much. Snapshotting them everytime something procs isn't a good practice, because they do so little damage and we mostly just care about them giving us SS procs.

Your opener... you didn't have one. Look up the solar opener. On the pull, I can easily break 1M before starting to fall down. At 564, you should at least see yourself getting to 750k on the opener consistently. 

Ok thx for the advice :) Think one reason to why i miss starsurge procs are that im sometimes in a middle of a cast when it procs, shall i stop casting it then? I read somwere that you shuldent do that unless you are really comfterbell whit the spec. And this is how i do whit the dots when i come in to an new eclipce, cast a few casts and then redot. for exampel im hitting solar eclipse, cast like one or two wrath then moonfire and sunfire.

about the opener im jusing the lunar one, so im geting one cast from lunar eclipse, dotup, starfall, starsurge, hit lunar, use incarnation (also use mirror image here if i have it, not always a mage in the group), cast starfire or starsurge or starfall, redot, sarfire+starsure untill 0 eclipce, use celestial alignment, starsurge (if its up or procing) redot, spam starfire/starsurge untill i get to lunar eclipce, then just rince and repeate. Havent really heard of this solar upener, how does it work? Dont mind testing it out :) Oh and about the dots, sence i have the ti trinket that procs crit, is it worth redoting when i see that its up even if the dots arent about to expire?

ok found an explenation on how the solar opener work, are testing it now :) atm im not seeing that much diference on the dummie but that might just be that im not used to that opener yet. and btw, wont using starfall pre pull risk pulling the boss or make it hard for tanks to get agro??

Mostly - not. The only fight i've found that it matters is Garrosh. If your tanks are not used to getting adds you can pull them and ruin your opener or your healers mana. Other than that - you should not worry.

Kaz, how many procs did you use on your last kill?

Also Starfall doesn't do damage unless it's in combat with you.

Answers to questions - even when you get the LMG proc (let alone a weaker crit proc), don't worry about refreshing immediately. Refresh when things are going to run out. The only time I worry about refreshing before there's hardly any time left is if I have an LMG proc that's about to run out but have another only 4 seconds or so on the DoTs. If you're refreshing your DoTs early, you're losing DPS and not cycling enough.

Starfall pre-pull will not pull the boss or adds. It doesn't hit things you're not in combat with. When you have RPPM procs (your KTT and LMG, for example) that will proc immediately, the solar opener is better because it you're popping your biggest damage CDs (CA+Inc) while you have the best procs rather than going through only lunar with inc during those procs and THEN going into CA as they're wearing off. If there are adds spawning 15 seconds or so into the beginning of the fight (Garrosh, Sha), it can be worth doing the lunar so that you're blooming your shroom on them during CA and getting better DoT coverage on them since applying one applies the other with both benefiting from Eclipse.

Krazy, I don't judge by my own performances. I judge against what I see in logs of people people doing 98th percentile or even 95th percentile, not my scrubby 90th percentile parses. I make a lot of mistakes during fights. Plus, it's hard for me to really want to push the rest of that when I don't enjoy what I'm doing as much and am not familiar enough with it to really play fights the best I can.

Thx allot for all the helpfulll advice smile.png And thx for answering my questions about starfall, had forgoten that it dosent go on things unless its attacked >.< Gona try and and do a lfr and post some new logs for you guys to see. I have been training on the dummie whit the solaropener and now im starting to see like 100k difernce between that and the lunar one, even thu im not close to the 750mark at the start..dont know if it is due to not beeing fullybuffed and not havig food and flask on (and no pots) or if i just need to train more tongue.png Btw whit the solar opener do i use mirror image before or after i use ca? And another thig, whit the solar opener, when the cds get back up shall i use them as i did in the solar opener or shall i be in or close to lunar and use them like i did whit the lunar opener? Hope that question isent to confusing or anyting :S

Edited by Delaila

Don't use mirror images. It's a complete waste of a cast time, they don't do any meaningful damage. Warlocks, DKs, rogues are MUCH better options and those cds can save your life.

Use CA after you pop shrooms /solar beam so that you have your trinkets and meta up for it when you start your dots.

I'm not sure when to use them during the fight I would think try to be in solar again, but don't go out of your way. Also fight mechanics can dictate it as well, may want to hold it for a specific mechanic or for hero/bloodlust

ok new logs. im afraid that it looks more or less exactly the same at the first one sad.png  http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YGt6LB83pDfHz2ar 

I dont really get it, feels like if i wana keep natures grace up i shuldent realpy the dots to much, but im only reaplying when they have fallen off or are like 5 sec or less to fall off and that usally happens around when i get in to a new eclipce :/

sorry if i sound whiny or something, im just geting alilte frustrated atm. My wrist are hurting due to the amount of practise i have been doing but i dont see any result :( but then again mabye lfr isent the best way to get results. might be better to try and get in to a normal were im actally are fullybuffed whit intfood and flasks and such

Edited by Delaila

CD's during the fight are going to be when your trinkets proc, based on your kill times. PBI procs every two minutes, so any kills less than 6:30 in length you should be delaying your second set of CDs for when PBI procs again. Generally speaking, I immediately pop CA and Inc when it procs, especially if I have another proc at the same time, for the same reason as you pop them together in the solar opener: more CDs during more procs is more damage.

hmm ok..speaking of cds, does anyone have a wa string for tracking incarnation and the legendery meta gem proc? I just keep geting invalid spell or someting like that when i try to make one :/

hmm ok..speaking of cds, does anyone have a wa string for tracking incarnation and the legendery meta gem proc? I just keep geting invalid spell or someting like that when i try to make one :/

You have to make sure you spell it right, or use the spell ID. 

Incarnation: 102560

Meta Gem: 137590

Do not use "full scan mode" or w/e its called, when you put in the spell id it asks you that, dont do it.

ok thx, i did copy paste the names so dont think its the spelling, but might be that it reacted to the copy paste :/ will try the id insteed :)

New logs from a normal this time. Is from protectors beacuse I forgot to type in combatlog >.< http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FkLWbvYy32ZDqRTM#type=summary  unfortunetly it seems to look the same. I just dont get how I get a high uptime on the dots and get a high uptime at natures grace aswell :/ Just a  btw, on nurushen I never went in, was told to fokus on the adds. 

Look at your Iron Juggernaut. You had 91% and 93% DoT uptimes. You had basically 80% uptime on Nature's Grace.

You push high uptimes on your DoTs by just not letting them fall off. Make sure you can see how much time is remaining on them in a very easy-to-see way. Wait to refresh them until they're just about to fall off (1.5sec left or so) and refresh them. Even if you have a Tempus Repit proc, don't refresh them until they're about to fall off or the debuff is about to run out and they're 4 or 5 seconds away at most from falling off. The only exception to any of this is do not re-apply your DoTs if Nature's Grace runs out. Just push yourself into the next Eclipse before reapplying.

You push your Nature's Grace uptime higher by not wasting casts. There are a couple big ways you lose this. First, don't start a cast at something if you're not going to be able to finish it. If that add just hit 20%, don't start a Starfire or Wrath at it. The warriors and warlocks in your raid group will kill it before your cast finishes, wasting time that could have been spent cycling. Make sure you're always casting the correct spell. If you're not at a Solar Eclipse yet, you had better not cast a single Wrath until you are. Also, don't try to DoT too many targets. You don't have enough time in those 15-second windows to DoT more than a couple things. You certainly don't have enough time to put both DoTs on every target. While you're getting used to it, allow yourself two casts on your main target for DoTs (one for each), and no more than two casts on other targets. If there are three targets in the fight, use your Eclipsed DoT once on each other target. If there are two targets in the fight, put both DoTs on each. Otherwise, keep casting and moving that energy bar. Adjust from there as you get better and more comfortable with the spec.

Ah I see- might have realized the problem to the grace uptime atlest, I sometimes forget wich way im going (spec after the new opener) so it happens that i cast to menny of the wrong spell. Im not 100% sure I understand what you meen whit "While you're getting used to it, allow yourself two casts on your main target for DoTs (one for each), and no more than two casts on other targets" thu :S And about the dots, If i get to the middle of the bar and they are about to run out, shall i redot then or just hurry to get to a new eclipce and then redot? or will that be a waste of natures grace?

The only reason to not renew your DoTs is not having Nature's Grace up. Eclipse is less important - we care about tick speed, not damage.

What that means is every time you refresh Nature's Grace, that is every time you get into an eclipse, you have only a certain amount of time you can afford to spend doing things other than Starfire/Wrath/Starsurge.  Allow yourself one cast for Moonfire and one cast for Sunfire on your main target per Nature's Grace, and two Moonfire/Sunfire casts on additional targets if present.