FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

[Archived] S7 Hearthstone Legendary Warlock Aggro/Rush Deck

Guest Lampis

I'm really missing some cards like Blood Knigh x2 and Mukla. Do you think it's a good idea to put a Power Overwhelming 2nd Shatted Sun Cleric and TBK? Or is there a better combo to play this deck?

Guest Vinsonie

I've played a modified version of this deck for a few matches, the only reason it's modified is because I don't have enough crafting materials for the last blood knight and king mukla. 

I subbed them in for a power overwhelming and a dark Iron dwarf. I assume it will do better when I get a better grasp on how to play it and when I get the last few cards.

overall the its not bad at all, I got wrecked by a control warlock and a murlock, the murlock most likely had a better starting hand and just snowballed after that, and I got impatient with the control deck and when he got down to 9 health he pulled two molten giants for free and gave them taunt. 

Like I said, the deck is by no means bad. It's actually quite good; I just need to do some work on my patience and understanding of the whole thing.

I've played a modified version of this deck for a few matches, the only reason it's modified is because I don't have enough crafting materials for the last blood knight and king mukla. 

I subbed them in for a power overwhelming and a dark Iron dwarf. I assume it will do better when I get a better grasp on how to play it and when I get the last few cards.

overall the its not bad at all, I got wrecked by a control warlock and a murlock, the murlock most likely had a better starting hand and just snowballed after that, and I got impatient with the control deck and when he got down to 9 health he pulled two molten giants for free and gave them taunt. 

Like I said, the deck is by no means bad. It's actually quite good; I just need to do some work on my patience and understanding of the whole thing.

Hey, Vinsonie

Mukla is not a must and you should do completely fine without it.

When it comes down to patience and understanding - knowing what sort of deck you play against will always help out and in order to know the meta game, you need to practice. I am sure next time you will be playing against giants, you will have them on your mind entire match and keep calculating whether they are able to play 2 giants and sunfury protector if you attack them this turn :)

Its the process of learning and it makes you a better player, however... unfortunately, there will always be games you lose simply because your opponent had a better hand. 

• Like 2

STOP!!!! DO NOT MAKE THIS DECK!!! I don't know if it's because icyveins.com doesn't update it's material, and the game has been out for awhile now, or what, but this deck is DEFINITELY not "possibly legendary material." This deck will keep you around level 15. I have used it extensively, continually thinking (like a fool) that I might progress further. Do not waste your dust on this deck. Research further, like I should've, or trust your own instinct over this deck. Unless level 15 is where you aspire. There's NO way this deck takes to you level 5+. Don't do it, unless frustration, and losing, are additional goals.

STOP!!!! DO NOT MAKE THIS DECK!!! I don't know if it's because icyveins.com doesn't update it's material, and the game has been out for awhile now, or what, but this deck is DEFINITELY not "possibly legendary material." This deck will keep you around level 15. I have used it extensively, continually thinking (like a fool) that I might progress further. Do not waste your dust on this deck. Research further, like I should've, or trust your own instinct over this deck. Unless level 15 is where you aspire. There's NO way this deck takes to you level 5+. Don't do it, unless frustration, and losing, are additional goals.

Sometimes it's not the deck's fault, but the player's... :) All decks have been tested out by experienced, multi-legend HS player(s). The meta-game can always alter a viability of decks, but without actual constructive feedback (what seems to kill you, what class, when, why?) we cannot really improve anything... ^^

• Like 1

My intent wasn't to give feedback for improvement, simply to warn others before they wasted their dust. Sure, maybe it's me, anything is possible. I've tried playing the deck super aggressively (as suggested), and also less aggressive. I'm definitely no rocket scientist, but I understand the concepts of the game, and this deck hasn't taken me further than level 15, as I stated. Even if I am a total dolt, I think I should be able to take a deck that others claim is legendary ranked, and STILL get higher than level 15. Of course this is only my opinion, which is based on expectations I placed on the deck because of the claims made about it. After playing this deck extensively, my opinion still stands strong. This deck is shit (for lack of a better word), and if you need to be a brain surgeon to use it to gain a high rank, then that should be stated.

Edited by Thetruth32
  • Like 1

My intent wasn't to give feedback for improvement, simply to warn others before they wasted their dust. Sure, maybe it's me, anything is possible. I've tried playing the deck super aggressively (as suggested), and also less aggressive. I'm definitely no rocket scientist, but I understand the concepts of the game, and this deck hasn't taken me further than level 15, as I stated. Even if I am a total dolt, I think I should be able to take a deck that others claim is legendary ranked, and STILL get higher than level 15. Of course this is only my opinion, which is based on expectations I placed on the deck because of the claims made about it. After playing this deck extensively, my opinion still stands strong. This deck is shit (for lack of a better word), and if you need to be a brain surgeon to use it to gain a high rank, then that should be stated.

While I appreciate your candor, I don't really think you're being very objective here. As Oltier said, we don't just think up some decks and post them, hoping that they'll work. They are, all of them, tried out first and only when successful are they added. And there is no real reason why this deck should cap at rank 15, outside of player or some extreme meta-game circumstances. Without more information, we really can't say.

And also, I wouldn't worry so much about "wasting your dust". All of the cards in the deck (including Kind Mukla!) are usable and viable in a great many other decks, so even if this one isn't for you, you can always reuse them.

I hope you have better luck in the future.

This deck requires a lot of tweaking. It's not one you can just throw together and land some wins (like most decks). You have to play aggressively and you have to play smart. Otherwise, you will find yourself with no board control or in control with no cards to play. Mage, Priest and Hunter decks of any caliber pose a problem if you aren't proactive about your plays.

If you are new to this game, don't quite understand the concept of the infamous 'meta,' or still aren't quite certain about your own playing style, I strongly suggest not building this deck.

I got to rank 14 after removing King Muckla, Doomguard and a handful of others (I don't remember which ones) and replacing them with Molten Giant (absolutely essential for ANY warlock deck, IMHO), Sunwalker and Faceless Manipulator. It rounded the deck out and offered a little more board control in most situations.

Edited by Alcanoya

Guest Smilemoar

Does nobody read? Instead of saying "I lost with this deck" try explaining the circumstances around it.

Essentially you should be able to fill out this stuff at least:

what seems to kill you;

what class;

when; and

why?

If you can't fill that out then all the drivel in the world is worthless.

Guest Dauntilus

Just like any game you can catch a bad luck streak. but you cant just throw a deck of card together and expect it to take you to legend.rank. thats not how it works. there isnt some super secret card list that will take you to the top... if that were the case then everyone out there would be playing the exact same deck. its all in how you play it. i for one have ALWAYS gone against the meta and threw out oddball stuff that people were not ready for. In MTG i played land destruction at a tourney and i hadnt seen it played in years... it was the cheapest deck ever and i finished 1st out of 47 players.

In hearthstone i took my warlock control deck to 12 and it only had 7 creatures in it. its more about how you play the deck then the deck itself. smart choices over fun choices and never over extend. i see SOOOO many people even in ranked that over extend like its their job. lol.  

Just like any game you can catch a bad luck streak. but you cant just throw a deck of card together and expect it to take you to legend.rank. thats not how it works. there isnt some super secret card list that will take you to the top... if that were the case then everyone out there would be playing the exact same deck. its all in how you play it. i for one have ALWAYS gone against the meta and threw out oddball stuff that people were not ready for. In MTG i played land destruction at a tourney and i hadnt seen it played in years... it was the cheapest deck ever and i finished 1st out of 47 players.

In hearthstone i took my warlock control deck to 12 and it only had 7 creatures in it. its more about how you play the deck then the deck itself. smart choices over fun choices and never over extend. i see SOOOO many people even in ranked that over extend like its their job. lol.  

I would like to see a copy of the deck you used to get to 12, if possible. I'm a firm believer that you can't just take a deck and run with it. But I do believe that one can take a pre-made deck and tailor it to their own personal playing style, or create a whole new deck based on an idea they gained from that deck.

Guest Taleth

I like, like many people playing this game also play MTG. Although this game is much simpler it is still 80% the player responsible for the results. In MTG you can have two people playing the same exact deck and the better player will win nine out of ten times. Just having the cards doesn't mean much especially in an Aggro deck like this. Every turn need to be played perfectly and every trade on the board needs to be well thought out. If you are new to strategy games or just not good play a midrange deck as your starting turns are more about survival until you can play power cards to take over the game. I have been playing for three days and have made it past rank 15 with this deck (minus the legends).

Guest JohnDoeJersey

Quick question:

Wouldn't it make more sense to have 2x Blood Imps in this deck instead of 2x Young Priestess? A Mage deck will kill her off before she is of any use (and so can a few others), but the Blood Imp's stealth keeps it on the board until an AOE is used generally. Plus you can safely play a Blood Imp turn 1 without worrying about it getting taken out (Elven Archer, etc.), allowing you to play any number of cards turn 2 that might otherwise have to wait until turn 3 to play/receive the +1 bonus. 

Guest Guest

I don't know I just got to level 10 with this exact deck. Seems pretty good to me.

I don't know I just got to level 10 with this exact deck. Seems pretty good to me.

Thank you smile.png

Sign in to follow this