FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JamesGrey

Frost Mage Critique Please

Hello JamesGrey

I shall try to assist you with any problems that arise during this Malkorok part.

Now let's get on with it:
1) Uptimes. These are excellent. Nothing more to say about it.

2) FoF Pooling: I am not sure what to say about this. I have the feeling you are not always consistent with your pooling but i might be incorrect. Here is a fancy graph.

X5QaSrf.pngAt 2:15:30 for Example you instantly throwed a FoF proc and then lost two Brain Freeze 2pacs.

Further than that though, the amount of FoF's gained and Ice Lances cast was pretty consistent. 26 for 25. I would give you the benefit of the doubt and say FoF procced alot during Frozen Orb making you lose one stack :)

However the amount of BF's gained and the amount Fired is inconsistent. You gained 32 procs and used 28 which means this is a point you'll have to work on, reacting to procs that is.

Snapshotting:

aUTGYjv.pngFrom what I can see here you do not snapshot properly. My main point comes at the last part of your graph where PBoI and TW are irrelevant so that's why you can't see them.
Green is Meta and Yellow is KTT.
An example is you refreshed Living Bomb at 2.1 seconds remaining at 2:15:47. When you got a Meta Gem proc at 2:16:00 you could had used that for the proc, but you had already refreshed previously.
Remember: Refresh all bombs when one tick is remaining and preferably the latest possible. So I prefer to refresh at under 1 second remaining or anything around that value.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Cheers
Berlinia

Also gearing wise you are kinda overhasted AND under the hitcap.
It might be you got some upgrades you didn't gem/reforge
This is what my weights show you should do if you prefer enforcing the shatter cap:

1DlfqJn.pngWeights are: Crit to 26.5% 3.50, Haste to 14242: 3.40, Mastery: 3.30, Haste 14242+: 2.80, Crit 26.5+: 2.50

If you decide not to enforce shatter cap then weights are Haste to 14242: 3.60, Mstery: 3.30, Crit: 3,10, Haste14242+: 2,80
1DlfqJn.png

THanks so much, I'll definitely work on my snap-shotting more, that seems to be the biggest area for improvement. In regards to brain-freeze, I was told that at a certain level of gear it becomes much less important to get the brain freeze procs just because of the strength of icicles. Is that true/does that make sense?

Also on gearing, yea I think I was mid reforge/regemming when you grabbed it since I do use the weights you describe.

Thanks again, that was extremely helpful.

THanks so much, I'll definitely work on my snap-shotting more, that seems to be the biggest area for improvement. In regards to brain-freeze, I was told that at a certain level of gear it becomes much less important to get the brain freeze procs just because of the strength of icicles. Is that true/does that make sense?

Also on gearing, yea I think I was mid reforge/regemming when you grabbed it since I do use the weights you describe.

Thanks again, that was extremely helpful.

I cannot really understand even the theory of BF being less important because of icicles.

Icicles read: When you damage enemies with Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolt, 16% of the damage done is stored as an Icicle with you, for 30 sec.

Thus, not using BFs up, means considerable lower Icicle damage and I'm not even mentioning the damage loss of the 100% crit hitting Frostfire Bolt.

Do NOT waste any BF.

That makes sense to me, I had never been able to understand why someone told me that. I hadn't listened but good to have someone else shoot it down.

The problem is, when the good theorycrafters (like Akraen) post their wild theories in forums, when they are simply theories, nothing more and they want the community to test it out. This is fin,e because obviously we need data to confirm/disprove a theory. However, when people consider these theories as facts, that is a huge problem.

Considering the way Akraen plays his mage, I am going to assume he never ever said you should miss a BF proc. EVER.
Except if that would ruin your uptimes. UPTIMES MAN !

• Like 2