FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
minel

destro lock in need of help

my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Minel/simple

warcraftlog of last raid- 25m http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bDB18LZxwqpvrHtX

i use askmr.robot for reforges and gems. as you can see my dps isn't that great and is not consistent. what am i doing wrong? what can i do better? i just want to be the best lock i can be. 

please be easy on me. Thanks! 

i just want to be the best lock i can be. 

please be easy on me. Thanks! 

Can't have your cake and eat it, too. 

Analyzing Malkorok.

13 Chaos Bolt casts in 4:11.  That's an average of one per 15 seconds.  Your average Chaos Bolt was under 900k. 

5 Shadowburns. 

1 Potion used.

Here is a chart showing your procs and how they line up with your Chaos Bolt casts: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bDB18LZxwqpvrHtX#type=casts&fight=35&source=33&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24116530986.0.0.Warlock%24false%24113858%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24116530986.0.0.Warlock%24false%24146218%5E0%24Separate%24%23a04D8A%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24116530986.0.0.Warlock%24false%24148897&ability=116858

You literally avoided procs with your Chaos Bolts like you were allergic to them.  Granted, your trinkets absolutely suck.  You're using the cleave trinket and Yulon's Bite - both of which are absolute junk.  Even still, if you're handed lemons, make the best lemonade you can.  You can clearly see that Extravagant Visions was up at the start with Dark Soul.  You waited until EV wore off before firing your first Chaos Bolt.  Your 2nd Chaos Bolt came after everything wore off.  You got 1 Chaos Bolt off in your opener. 

Next, you fired off 3 Chaos Bolts in a row, all during Tempus Repit.  Immediately after your 3rd cast, you got an EV proc.  Chaos Bolt's damage isn't buffed by Haste - it's buffed by Intellect and Crit.  Had you delayed your CB casts about 20 seconds, all 3 would have lined up under your trinket proc and your DPS would have gone up 40-50k.

You soon after got a Yulon's Bite proc and decided to empty your Chaos Bolts.  You got 2 off with ONLY Yu'lons Bite.  This wouldn't be so terrible except you activated Dark Soul after this and used two more Chaos Bolts.  You then had 12 seconds of Dark Soul where you didn't use Chaos Bolt at all.  Instead, you waited about 20 seconds after, when you had no procs up, and used all 4 Chaos Bolts back to back to back to back.  15 seconds later, you got an EV proc.  This is another 40-50k DPS loss. 

Diagnosis: REALLY bad with Chaos Bolt.

Cure: Get some weakauras to track your procs.  You should ONLY be using Chaos Bolt during procs or at 4 Burning Embers.   

• Like 1

I am still teaching myself log reading.   How did you build that proc chart?

Go to buffs and debuffs.  Click the little plus on each buff you want to track.  This pins it to the top, as you see on the link.  Then go to anything else you want to see, like casts or damage.  I picked casts, then filtered out only Chaos Bolts.  Ta-da! 

I have a guide written on how to analyze logs.  I don't think I did pins, so I'll redo that part.

No, go to 'Casts' at the top and select Chaos Bolt to see how you snapshotted. Not 'Damage Done'.

Also get rid of Tempus Repit and Jade Spirit and Bloodlust.

Bloodlust is especially useless as the blue shaded area is automatically tracked as the BL period.