Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

hearthstone Hearthstone Recap: New Card Revealed, DreamHack Event + More!

3 posts in this topic

New Curse of Naxxramas card revealed plus tournament info!

Another week, another new card! This weekly Curse of Naxxramas card reveal features a new Priest class minion, Dark Cultist, a strong early game contender with a decent Deathrattle ability. Competitive Hearthstone is becoming increasingly popular as more gaming events are featuring high-reward tournaments. This weekend's DreamHack Summer event is no exception! The event takes place this weekend and features at $25,000 tournament! Interested in getting involved in the competitive Hearthstone scene? Besides working your way up the Ranked Play ladder, there are a handful of community tournaments in which a win will net you a spot in the qualifiers! We also wanted to spotlight an interesting project by a blogger who attempts to document accurate card distribution by rarity. Never tell me the odds! Check out this week's Hearthstone recap!

New Curse of Naxxramas Card Revealed

This week on Twitter, Blizzard has revealed another new Curse of Naxxramas card on the Hearthstone Twitter! This week's card is Dark Cultist, an strong early-game Priest minion with a great Deathrattle ability! They've now revealed a total of 13 cards out of the 30 coming in Curse of Naxxramas, and all of the class cards have been revealed except Hunter! Here's hoping we see that on next week! You can find out more about the upcoming Adventure in our Curse of Naxxramas Adventure Preview!

List of World Championship Qualified Players

Blizzard has provided a list of players who have already qualified to participate in the World Championship Qualifier event! These players have qualified with their expert performance in Ranked Play Season 1 and 2, with a few player having earned seeds through qualifying community tournament events. Interested in earning a spot in the qualifiers? Players can check out an updated list of eligible community tournaments on the Hearthstone website!

Blizzard Icon World Championship - Qualified Players

+ Show- Hide

World Championship - Qualified Players

Region BattleTag Points Qualification
US backspace 188 Season 1
US hyp3d 180 Season 1
US puffin 178 Season 2
US Firebat 160 Season 1
US Bounds 148 Season 2
US Alchemixt 119 Season 1
US Imamurgl 100 Season 1
US dengxu 100 Season 2
US sjow 98 Season 2
US Admirable 97 Season 1
US BattleTag 97 Season 2
US mitjdw 96 Season 1
US reynad 95 Season 2
US Failfellow 94 Season 1
US Camere 94 Season 2
US BoLiN 93 Season 1
US KaRyu 93 Season 2
US BwaMu 92 Season 1
US Neghr 92 Season 2
US Abaporu 91 Season 1
US rain 91 Season 2
US prodigy 90 Season 1
US Ostkaka 90 Season 2
US Otter 89 Season 2
US LuigEzz 88 Season 1
US Daxxon 88 Season 2
US Realz 87 Season 1
US Fpv000 87 Season 2
US Savjz 86 Season 2
US Freshca 85 Season 1
US Akogare 84 Season 1
US Gigaduckman 83 Season 2
US StrifeCro 68 Tavern Takeover 2
US Blackout 0 ZOTAC Cup 18
US Miushock 0 ESL PreSeason Cup 33

Dreamhack Summer 2014 Hearthstone Event Details

This summer's DreamHack 2014 Summer event starts on June 14th and features an epic Hearthstone event, The Dreamhack Viagame Hearthstone Championship! This event features 16 top Hearthstone players, which includes players such as Reynad and Gnimsh, competing for $25,000 in prizes! The tournament will include 12 pre-qualified pro players and 4 players who will earn a spot by besting opponents in the Dreamhack 256-player BYOC competition!

The Hearthstone Championship will be streamed live on the Viagame website. The event features expert casting from Dan "Artosis" Stemkoski and Nathan "ThatsAdmirable" Zamora! Check out the full press-release for more information at the DreamHack website!

What's the Actual Legendary "Drop" Rate?

Not too long ago, we posted an article featured on the Kotaku video gaming blog, in which one of their authors wanted to know What It's Like To Spend $50 On Hearthstone Cards. The author now wants to take a more in-depth look at the average patters and card rarity breakdowns with his latest post, Here's How Rare Hearthstone Cards Actually Are. He has started collecting data from users who have opened larger qualities of packs in order to better determine the average distribution of cards of each rarity in these multi-pack purchases. I've actually purchased a 40 pack bundle and will be sharing the data. I didn't get extremely luck with my packs, but at least I did get a Legendary! Anyone else out there buy one of the larger Expert pack bundles? Did you get lucky with legendaries?
1 person likes this

i bought in for ten bucks and got a legendary. it was the one that gives you +1/1 for your weapon. i'm thinking of de'ing it.

i bought in for ten bucks and got a legendary. it was the one that gives you +1/1 for your weapon. i'm thinking of de'ing it.

Captain Greenskin, that's it :D

It's good in a warrior aggro deck.. :) It's never really worth DEing a legendary that you might use once. Because then, it is going to be a pain to craft it again. You get 400 dust out of it, while the craft price is 1600... just meh..

1 person likes this