Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starmie

Destruction Warlock and CC 5.0.4

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm new to Destruction Warlock. I am level 47 right now; but my dps will be high in one dungeon and low in another. I start my rotation with Immolate, then conflagrate, then Incinerate. I try to dot mobs with immolate, and then conflagrate, then focus on one with incinerate and throw up rain of fire. Chaos bolt where it applies. I read everywhere about rotations, tried making macros and they don't feel right. I key bound the rotation but sometimes point and click.

I say all this so you know where I am coming from. My question is about crowd control, how do I do it, and is it necessary before 85? Is fear part of CC'ing? I don't use fear because 1) I am afraid to send a enemy into another crowd, and 2) What good does it really do? I do use it when questing, and more than one enemy is attacking. Anyways, any advice would be appreciated. I have tried looking it up, and I seem to be more confused, maybe looking in all the wrong places. Thanks again.

Oh yeah I did get glyph of burning embers but that is all.

dont bother fearing. It will cause more wipes than any other CC. If you HAVE to CC, use either banish or seduce, but generally, CC isnt really necessary in dungeons.

You should ALWAYS be opening with Curse of the Elements. It gives you (and all other spellcasters) a flat 5% damage increase and is well worth the global cooldown.

Your rotation seems fine, and theres not a lot you can really do about it. DPS will vary greatly in levelling dungeons, especially when you get to a new dungeon with higher level mobs if your Hit Rating hasnt increased. Hover over your spell Hit in the character pane and it will tell you how much you will miss against mobs up to 3 levels higher than yourself.

Another factor is your secondary stats. When levelling, they are changing constantly due to new gear and are often FAR from optimal for your spec.

TBH, I wouldnt really worry about it. Levelling is levelling. You cant really assess things until you get to max lvl and start raiding.

1 person likes this

Thank you. Every time I go into a dungeon, I worry that I'm blowing it. I tried Affliction, but I got complaints. Destruction seems more my type anyway. Again, thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0