FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ominari

Enh in need of serious help :(

To start, I am 564 equipped, however, I can not seem to break the 210k dps marker.  I've attempted the rotational information on the class website here, as well as poked around in a few others.  I seem to get gibbed at some point in stats.

Here are my damage numbers from roughly 1 minute.  Also attached below will be my damage logs from guild runs.

Over-all spells on a dummy

http://imgur.com/8NKvuj2

http://imgur.com/3BcL31I

http://imgur.com/A2z8PIJ

Guild run dps meters

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/6499/

I'm trying to figure out where my damage goes so wrong :( 

I'm more than willing to sit down with someone on vent and hash things out if needed.

I'm not great at Enh, but I see a HUGE problem.  You should NEVER be using your Fire Ele's Empower, and should just be letting it attack when you're running PE.  That's going to be a crazy factor of your damage.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPGWYd9xzt8RhVav#type=damage-done&fight=7&source=4

Along with that, you should be linking Elemental Mastery, Berserking and your Fire Ele and holding Elemental Mastery for when your Fire Ele comes off cooldown.  The only reason this works, it because of the Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem, and the Assurance of Consequence, so be sure to have those on, if you're doing that.  Also make sure you're using your Fire Ele right when it's off CD, as it's a big portion of your damage when you're using Primal Elementalist.  I also see you overwriting a Fire Ele with a Searing Totem late in the fight.  Make sure you're not doing that!

I would basically suggest just making a macro for your Fire Ele, to the tune of this:

#showtooltip Fire Elemental Totem

/cast Berserking

/cast Elemental Mastery

/cast Fire Elemental Totem

And then only hitting that when Fire Elemental Totem is off cooldown, and ignoring Elemental Mastery/Berserking all together.  That'll make sure your Fire Ele is doing the most it can.

Your Stormstrike and Lightning Bolt counts look pretty low, from this log.  Make sure you're casting Stormstrike on cooldown (after Flame Shock/Lava Lash in the priority.), and make sure that you're aggressively using your Maelstrom Weapon stacks.  If you have nothing else coming off cooldown soon, you can cast at as low as 2 stacks.  If you have 3-4 and you're waiting at least 1 sec for your next ability's CD, you can also cast Lightning Bolt.  Really great shamans will be very aggressive with it.

You're also casting Unleash Elements quite a bit.  It's rather low in the rotation, even with 4pc, unless you're using Unleashed Fury.  You want to be sure your Flame Shocks are snapshotted with the Unleash Flame buff, but you don't want it up all the time.

Rotation-wise what Hybrys wrote, with some reservation in regards to fire ele. Gear-wise, upgrade your AoC to 4/4.

The only reason to hold up on upgrading AoC over something else (like weapon) is if you have herbing and the trinket as at about 566. Since you don't have both, upgrading AoC is your top priority.

For whether to use fire ele on cd, you should check two cases (I have herbing, hence my results are skewed).

1. Don't use ele on cd. Wait for when AoC's internal cd runs out and use it then (don't wait for it to actually proc).

2. Use ele on cd (EM has 1.5 minutes cd, so don't worry about it).

Use whichever yields higher dps. I'm not 100% sure about this, but second option should be better only if you have the hc wf 4/4 AoC (it is so in case you have herbing, but since you don't it might be different).

At above than 566 you might want to upgrade other stuff first, because Ascendance will be at 2 min cd, so it aligns with AoC proc. Reducing the cd further might be a dps loss.

Weapons will actually still see a higher contribution to DPS, especially because of Flurry.  Upgrades should go to them first, then AoC, then Cloak, and etc.  They may also simply be waiting for an upgraded version, since they now clear Sha of Pride on H every week. Kikorin, you should let them know how large of a DPS increase it is for you.

I would not hold Fire Ele for your trinket, as your trinket will come off about 5 seconds AFTER your Fire Ele comes off CD.  This will only space out further with every upgrade.

Here's their armory, by the way.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Kikorin/simple

I will be trying these new changes to see how things go.  Once I am able to get the upload of the logs from tonight, I will post the log link if I have any further questions.

I have also voiced the needs of the AoC, regarding how large of a DPS upgrade it will be for me.  I keep trying to coin it every week if it doesn't drop, hopefully I get to see it soon.

Edited by Ominari

I would not hold Fire Ele for your trinket, as your trinket will come off about 5 seconds AFTER your Fire Ele comes off CD.  This will only space out further with every upgrade.

Here's their armory, by the way.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Kikorin/simple

I just checked (and then rechecked, just to be sure biggrin.png ). As far as simc goes (and it's quite accurate for enh), witholding on fire ele till trinket's internal cooldown runs out is a dps gain (I simmed with herbing, as I now see that op has it).

I also checked on my char (I have hc trinket) and it's still a dps gain to withold.

If you want to recreate the results don't forget to turn off earth ele command, which invokes a one min cd on your fire ele. Eventually you'll use it, but just for comparison sake you should turn it off to see how much dps you really gain.

Cooldown stacking for enh is just insane. Something which bliz noted before smile.png

Edited by lynx

I normally use Earth Elemental when it comes off the 45 second CD (with the current AoC I have), when using it, I've always seen my Fire Elemental at 46-50 seconds left on CD.  It hasn't really affected much and the Elemental is rather weak, in turn, I've completely dropped it from the rotation.  As for the mentioned notations from earlier, by doing the listed macro, my dps was boosted by 30k-40k.  This was also with better timing on FE and Ascend.  

I wasn't able to get logs due to the guild not continuing our run last night. :(

Earth ele cd is not affected by AoC, so it's a flat 5min. The 45 seconds you're seeing is the leftover from using fire ele which invokes a one minute cd on earth ele (this cd is also unaffected by AoC).

Yeah, earth ele's dps is marginal (something like wolves), but 20% damage reduction and 10% healing buff is not. So it's still worth using it at least for that.

Also, add Lifeblood to that macro if you still haven't. wink.png

Edited by lynx

Earth ele cd is not affected by AoC, so it's a flat 5min. The 45 seconds you're seeing is the leftover from using fire ele which invokes a one minute cd on earth ele (this cd is also unaffected by AoC).

Yeah, earth ele's dps is marginal (something like wolves), but 20% damage reduction and 10% healing buff is not. So it's still worth using it at least for that.

Also, add Lifeblood to that macro if you still haven't. wink.png

I would just neglect the Earth Ele altogether, unless you're doing progress on a boss like Thok where the Reinforce would be worthwhile.  (Reinforce + AG means your AG is more likely to hit others, and is hitting for 10% more.)

Also, I'm not seeing a big DPS upgrade from holding Fire Ele for the Agi trinket.  Maybe 2% overall.  I think it'd be better to get the basics down before perfecting that mechanic, and also having in mind that it will dramatically change once they get a normal/heroic AoC (which they clear weekly).

You're totally right about Lifeblood, though.  That haste stacking is magical during Fire Ele's uptime.

#showtooltip Fire Elemental Totem

/cast Berserking

/cast Lifeblood

/cast Elemental Mastery

/cast Fire Elemental Totem

I am working to max out Herbs, so I can add that into the mix of things.  I know haste for Enh is godly, which is why I swapped from Skinning to Herbs.  Once I get a chance to actually test it all out, I will post if I need assistance :D

I really do appreciate the help and assistance in macros :D

As an update, no logs at this time, however, opening burst is roughly 1mil then standard dps levels off around 240-250k

That definitely sounds like a healthier opening!

If you'd like to, I'm sure we can audit your logs again any time in the future.  Just post!

I had a few people audit my logs and saw nothing wrong with the DPS, it's just a matter of gear.

Other then that, noticed I needed to pop my DR's a bit more, but other then that, all is well.