FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Belicosa

Something I have noticed

If my experience is correct and not some kind of glitch, DO NOT cast alter time before Lust/TW. AT will pull you out of Lust before the buff expires. That said, AT cast right after lust will extend your buff.

If this has already been covered, my apologies. I didn't see it anywhere on the mage forum page.

I usually am the one in our raid group that hits TW at the appointed time, and I always save my AP/AT/MI/Berserking (Troll racial) macro until after casting the buff, getting the most out of it I can.

Another thing that is Troll specific, Berserking no longer causes clips during TW (not that I can tell, anyway). So everyone is now expected to reroll Troll. tongue.png

Hey Belicosa,
It is indeed true that AT doesn't snapshot your Time Warp debuff, and casting it before receiving the buff makes you not benefit at all from it :)
Nothing more to say :)

If my experience is correct and not some kind of glitch, DO NOT cast alter time before Lust/TW. AT will pull you out of Lust before the buff expires. That said, AT cast right after lust will extend your buff.

If this has already been covered, my apologies. I didn't see it anywhere on the mage forum page.

Yeah, this is a pretty known fact, thought I'm kinda surprised it's not stated anywhere.

It's not usually that big a deal; in organized raids, you usually have a predefined period when you lust, so just keep that in mind before AT-ing. In Random pugs, losing the Lust buff is not that big a deal, and usually will not be the reason you wipe 

It has been mentioned several time and the spell's description clearly explains it. :)

A mention though, if you are Alter Timing while being in a pug and someone casts Hero, You can you your /cancelaura Alter Time to negate its effect. Loosing 6 seconds of buff uptime is better, than loosing 34 seconds of heroism.

• Like 1

>start fight

>cast opener

>5 seconds, no PBoI proc

>10 seconds, no PBoI proc

>screw it, I'm using alter time to extend the buffs I have currently

>alter time

>PBoI procs immediately

>Heroism cast immediately after

>alter time reverts you back without either of them

>cry yourself to sleep

>re-roll to warlock