Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skyrge

Need advice for H-Madness as affliction

4 posts in this topic

So my guild downed Heroic Spine last night (WOOT!, wtf does woot mean anyway?) but we only had time for a few pulls on Heroic Madness. It's pretty apparent that we'll be getting it down tomorrow night, but I'm looking to maximize my aoe dps on the Congealing Bloods as that was our sticking point on the fight (We missed it by around 2% I believe.) I tried to send out a few seeds before dropping reign of fire, but lost at least one uncompleted cast to them dying early. Recount says I did a bit over 1million dmg to them including Spellweave which put me in the bottom 2. On subsequent spawns I just blew my mana chasing them with reign of fire. Is it worth glyphing Harvest Life? In the Demo tips and tricks post, Zagam loves Harvest Life (I did too) however in another post (the aff. tips I believe) he says it's not worth it. I live by Zagam's advice but am a bit confused there, is it still viable in Demo? I am considering doing the fight as Demo just to help push us over our only roadblock.

Also, not that we had problems with Blistering Tentacles at all but just to maximise my own contribution there, is it worth losing my last 2 Soul Shards to dot up two of them when Drain Soul doesnt seem to be replenishing my shards when they die? Whats the best strat for affliction with those little low-health buggers. I feel so naked at zero shards.

Sorry for the long-winded post but wanted to be specific and thanks in advance.

Hi Skyrge,

I've removed Harvest Life from my build. It proc's Spellweave, but it just doesn't do enough damage in those high intensity moments of those Congealing Bloods. Last night, I was on the bottom of the charts as Affliction, but we succeeded. Our comp consisted of:

Assassination Rogue

Survival Hunter

Fury Warrior

Blood DK

Shadow Priest

Affliction Warlock

Fire Mage

The Fire Mage and Shadow Priest were the top 2 due to their multiple AoE capabilities. Your job is to make sure you have 100% mana and begin channeling Rain of Fire where they spawn. You shouldn't be responsible for any slows...just do as much damage as possible. I didn't test a Soulburn Seed of Corruption, but I feel this is a waste of two globals that could be used on Rain of Fire.

Prior to Phase 2, during the execute phase of the last arm tentacle, make sure you are channeling Drain Soul on it so that you replenish your Soul Shards. When you land on the last platform for Phase 2, put your DoTs up and begin Drain Soul channeling until you need to switch to help with the Fragments. I applied DoTs to all 3 fragments using my Soulburn: Soul Swap macro and then channeled Malefic Grasp on one until it was in execute phase, then I finished it with Drain Soul to replenish my shards. With Deathwing at 16%, no one touched him and we let the Terrors come out. Again, I applied DoTs to both Terrors and performed my rotation on one of them using Drain Soul to replenish shards. When the Terrors were down, I slapped all DoTs on Deathwing and began channeling Drain Soul while watching for the Bloods to spawn (I'm the raid leader, so it's nice to do DPS while not paying attention to enable my focus on mechanics). When the Bloods spawned, I ordered my guys and gals to switch and I instantly began channeling Rain of Fire continuously until they were all dead. You'll need to Life Tap your mana back up because each tick of Rain costs massive amounts of mana.

When you come out of the first Blood phase, DW should be around 13%...push to 12%, kill adds, then push to 10% and deal with this set of Bloods in the same exact way. I used Dark Soul: Misery for this set as a CD to burst the adds down. On the 5% Bloods, I used my Infernal to add the extra boost. With this strat, we easily one shot Madness. As Affliction, you won't top the meters on the bloods, but you will be way up there overall.

2 people like this

Thanks as always for the great response. Your strat for phase 2 was exactly how I went about it, so it's good to know I'm on the right track. Also good to know I don't need to turn off the shadow-powered blowtorch that is my affliction spec for Madness. Thanks for the confirmation.

Madness down! Thanks again to Zagam, just thought I'd put in a few tips for anyone else that was looking this up. As previously noted Rain of Fire rapes your mana, the key that helped me was making sure mana was full before the bloods spawned. 1-2 Life Taps, healers never complained. Have Rain qued up on their spawn point and click as soon you see the little buggers. While thats channelling, que up the next one just out front of the 1st and click whenever the majority are in the next green circle, repeat a third time. 100% mana was enough for me to get through 3 Rains. I did use Dark Soul on the second group (big help) and had Infernal ready for the 3rd group. I was bummed to see Infernal add up to only 300k between the damage from awakening and his aoe/melee on the adds. While he is always fun to play with and looks impressive, I'm not sure I'd invite him to the party next week. All told I managed almost 3 million on bloods this time and was able to pull my weight on our only sticking point. Hope this helps other locks...well for the 3 weeks that this info is relevant anyway! >.<

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lor
      Sindorei Council, a family-friendly and socially active guild has been active since 7/24/2007 (BC drop), currently 7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, and 5/10 NH.  Seeking DPS (notably ranged) for completion of Heroic and preparation to move on Nighthold.  
      We are not a hardcore progression guild - have never been and don't seek to create that atmosphere.  We are an incredibly welcoming social guild with a core raid component of very skilled players who have enough real-life going on that one night/week (occasionally 2) is what we push for.   We've reached our current raid progression on essentially one night/week. 
      Are you a good fit?  If you enjoy playing your class very well, are reliable to be on at the given time(s), yearn for a fun PG atmosphere in Gchat and Discord with mostly adults, and feel like one (occasionally 2) night per week is ideal for the time you want to put into raiding then we may be a good fit for you.  We help others get better and push people to have fun in guild, raiding or not ( be it through Questing, M+, WQ's, Roics, Pet Battles, etc.). We know our members' backstories and strive to make our guild a family.  Very active FB page and Discord.  
      Schedule:   Current main core raid night is Thursday from 7:30 EST - 10:30 EST (Bloodhoof Server time).  Sunday nights are an alternative night for us.
      Progress:  7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, 5/10 NH
      Loot:  All Personal - hand down to people who need 
      NEEDS: 
      - Ele Shaman
      - Mage (Fire or Frost)
      - SPriest
      - Boomkin
      - Hunter
      - Arms Warrior w/ Prot offspec (another skilled dps that is comfortable off spec as Tank works well also (Feral/Guardian, WW/BM, etc.)
      Interested?:
      BTAG: Lorienawk#1319 or Mango#1525.  
      Thanks and Happy Hunting!
    • By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 7/7 M EN, 3/3 H ToV, 5/10 H NH
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      The below are just current needs, we are accepting all exceptional players.
      druid (balance) high hunter medium mage medium monk (healer) medium priest (dd) high rogue medium shaman (restoration) high warlock high If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, Rogue, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Ohta
      The Odyssey [Alliance - Sargeras] is currently recruiting members for our roster update heading into mythic raiding in Nighthold! We are a heroic raiding guild (formed in MoP) that has always had the capacity and intent for mythic raiding, but due to not having 20 consistent raiders, never had the chance to. We currently raid Sunday from 5:00pm CST to 9:30 CST, and Monday from 8:000PM CST to 9:30 PM CST, using the time efficiently to down bosses and clear content. We keep a friendly atmosphere in the guild through an active discord channel and by running other content in WoW (mythic +'s/kharazan(nightbane)/emissaries/etc.). Raids are ran with a positive attitude and the intent of having a pleasant time, while focusing for boss encounters to efficiently clear content in a timely manner (We have always aimed to at least get AOTC for every raid tier). We expect players to come in prepared for raid time in order to make the best use of it; this means logging on 10-15 minutes before raid, having flasks,food,and pots ready, and knowing the fights and your class. We have a core group of 13 raiders that has been raiding together since WoD, and are looking for players for all roles to expand our team for eventual mythic progression in Nighthold. If you are interested please message me with your class/spec/ilvl and raiding experience, and any other questions you may have. We would prefer players with some experience and at least 865ilvl, but any promising and motivated players will be considered!
    • By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 7/7H & 3/3H Recruiting All Players for our raid group and for Mythics+.

About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus mid-Cataclysm. We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids or any players interested in joining our Mythics+. Our guild is mostly active at night, anywhere from 5pm PST till about 12am PST (varies). We have a casual-ish atmosphere with a serious desire for progression.

What we are looking for:
      We currently have 15 raiders and we are looking to recruit more members to join our flexible raid roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids (requires 20). At this moment, we are open to all players; we are seeking out tanks, healers, and DPS (prefer ranged). We are open to both new and returning players. As mentioned above, we are also seeking players (any class/spec) that may be interested in joining our Mythics+. We run Mythics+ almost every night. While we prefer a geared player, we value a positive attitude over experience. Any players who are interested and active at the times mentioned above, please contact us. We are also open to players interested in a "filler" type role (can make some raid days but not all).

Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are currently on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST and we use Curse for our raids. RCLoot Council is a required add-on if you plan to raid with us. We typically try out new recruits for at least a week or two to ensure that it is a good fit for both the recruit as well as our guild. We encourage trials to join us in raids, dungeons, our VOIP, and/or even in other games. Raid spots are not guaranteed due to the flexible raid roster.

If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!