Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need advice for H-Madness as affliction

4 posts in this topic

So my guild downed Heroic Spine last night (WOOT!, wtf does woot mean anyway?) but we only had time for a few pulls on Heroic Madness. It's pretty apparent that we'll be getting it down tomorrow night, but I'm looking to maximize my aoe dps on the Congealing Bloods as that was our sticking point on the fight (We missed it by around 2% I believe.) I tried to send out a few seeds before dropping reign of fire, but lost at least one uncompleted cast to them dying early. Recount says I did a bit over 1million dmg to them including Spellweave which put me in the bottom 2. On subsequent spawns I just blew my mana chasing them with reign of fire. Is it worth glyphing Harvest Life? In the Demo tips and tricks post, Zagam loves Harvest Life (I did too) however in another post (the aff. tips I believe) he says it's not worth it. I live by Zagam's advice but am a bit confused there, is it still viable in Demo? I am considering doing the fight as Demo just to help push us over our only roadblock.

Also, not that we had problems with Blistering Tentacles at all but just to maximise my own contribution there, is it worth losing my last 2 Soul Shards to dot up two of them when Drain Soul doesnt seem to be replenishing my shards when they die? Whats the best strat for affliction with those little low-health buggers. I feel so naked at zero shards.

Sorry for the long-winded post but wanted to be specific and thanks in advance.

Hi Skyrge,

I've removed Harvest Life from my build. It proc's Spellweave, but it just doesn't do enough damage in those high intensity moments of those Congealing Bloods. Last night, I was on the bottom of the charts as Affliction, but we succeeded. Our comp consisted of:

Assassination Rogue

Survival Hunter

Fury Warrior

Blood DK

Shadow Priest

Affliction Warlock

Fire Mage

The Fire Mage and Shadow Priest were the top 2 due to their multiple AoE capabilities. Your job is to make sure you have 100% mana and begin channeling Rain of Fire where they spawn. You shouldn't be responsible for any slows...just do as much damage as possible. I didn't test a Soulburn Seed of Corruption, but I feel this is a waste of two globals that could be used on Rain of Fire.

Prior to Phase 2, during the execute phase of the last arm tentacle, make sure you are channeling Drain Soul on it so that you replenish your Soul Shards. When you land on the last platform for Phase 2, put your DoTs up and begin Drain Soul channeling until you need to switch to help with the Fragments. I applied DoTs to all 3 fragments using my Soulburn: Soul Swap macro and then channeled Malefic Grasp on one until it was in execute phase, then I finished it with Drain Soul to replenish my shards. With Deathwing at 16%, no one touched him and we let the Terrors come out. Again, I applied DoTs to both Terrors and performed my rotation on one of them using Drain Soul to replenish shards. When the Terrors were down, I slapped all DoTs on Deathwing and began channeling Drain Soul while watching for the Bloods to spawn (I'm the raid leader, so it's nice to do DPS while not paying attention to enable my focus on mechanics). When the Bloods spawned, I ordered my guys and gals to switch and I instantly began channeling Rain of Fire continuously until they were all dead. You'll need to Life Tap your mana back up because each tick of Rain costs massive amounts of mana.

When you come out of the first Blood phase, DW should be around 13%...push to 12%, kill adds, then push to 10% and deal with this set of Bloods in the same exact way. I used Dark Soul: Misery for this set as a CD to burst the adds down. On the 5% Bloods, I used my Infernal to add the extra boost. With this strat, we easily one shot Madness. As Affliction, you won't top the meters on the bloods, but you will be way up there overall.

2 people like this

Thanks as always for the great response. Your strat for phase 2 was exactly how I went about it, so it's good to know I'm on the right track. Also good to know I don't need to turn off the shadow-powered blowtorch that is my affliction spec for Madness. Thanks for the confirmation.

Madness down! Thanks again to Zagam, just thought I'd put in a few tips for anyone else that was looking this up. As previously noted Rain of Fire rapes your mana, the key that helped me was making sure mana was full before the bloods spawned. 1-2 Life Taps, healers never complained. Have Rain qued up on their spawn point and click as soon you see the little buggers. While thats channelling, que up the next one just out front of the 1st and click whenever the majority are in the next green circle, repeat a third time. 100% mana was enough for me to get through 3 Rains. I did use Dark Soul on the second group (big help) and had Infernal ready for the 3rd group. I was bummed to see Infernal add up to only 300k between the damage from awakening and his aoe/melee on the adds. While he is always fun to play with and looks impressive, I'm not sure I'd invite him to the party next week. All told I managed almost 3 million on bloods this time and was able to pull my weight on our only sticking point. Hope this helps other locks...well for the 3 weeks that this info is relevant anyway! >.<

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dominia
      <Mythic on Mains> is a heroic raid team comprised of adult raiders who value their time while progressing through current content. The core group came together in Warlords and cleared all content on both Normal and Heroic.
      We raid Thursday and Sunday evenings.
      Invites: 7:45pm -- First Pull: 8:00pm -- End: 11:00pm (Eastern)
      We are a laid back group looking to have fun while working on current content.
      There will be wipes as we learn. But no raging tantrums or frothing at the mouth. Adult humor and language in chat and voice is ok, however be respectful and mature.
      Be available for a majority of both scheduled evenings (Thu/Sun) and for the entire scheduled raid time (Invites: 7:45pm, End: 11:00pm).
      We have very low tolerance for no-shows. We understand emergencies happen but ask that you make every effort to let us know of an absence as much in advance as possible. Remember there are other humans setting aside their time to do this as well.
      Gear must be enchanted with appropriate enchants. 
      Slotted gear must be gemmed with appropriate gems.
      Maintain an appropriate understanding of your class talents and rotations. Healers must be able to heal effectively. Tanks must be able to tank effectively. DPS must be able to pew pew effectively.
      Bring appropriate buff food, potions (heal, mana, combat), and flasks.
      Read and view fight strategies and videos when asked. 
      Graciously take suggestions for improvement and direction on voice chat. 
      Bring the fun.
      If you are interested in joining us, please apply on this thread at our guild forums:
      You do NOT have to server transfer or join the guild to play with us.
      Contact info:
      BNet: Dominia#1504
      Discord: Dominia#5437
      Twitter: @TheRealDominia
    • By Ackthal
      <Elite> Kel'thuzad (Alliance, US)

Recruiting ranged DPS and healers (855+) for our core heroic raid team. Raid times are Wed/Sun 7:30pm-11:00pm MST. We have plans to push mythic raid content once we have our raid team filled. Also recruiting all skilled players interested in Mythic+ dungeons. Please join our recruitment channel in Discord (, reply to this post, or contact Khryseiss, Snodobaggins, Ackthal, or Unumalum in-game.

<Elite> is an inaugural guild forming the foundation of what is to become an amazing online gaming community. Founding members consist of real life friends and family. We are bringing together our time, resources, skill-sets, and past gaming experiences with the goal of creating a unique environment where people can connect with others who are highly skilled, level-headed, friendly, and fun to be around. Our core membership consists of players with past Mythic/Old Heroic raiding and Gold Challenge Mode experience, as well as many other high-end gaming experiences in other game titles.

We are growing at a fast pace with an increasing pool of players that are focused on Mythic+ content and raiding. We are looking for like-minded people who take the game seriously enough to put in the effort for progression, but at the same time realize that real life, friendships, community, and having fun are more important than clearing content and obtaining gear. Having a sensible demeanor and good attitude is a must. New PVE opportunities are on the horizon, including legacy raiding for achievements/mounts. Please contact us if you are interested. Thank you!
    • By Sappora
      H-Bleeding Hollow

Methodical is a Horde guild on the realm Bleeding Hollow we are currently in the process of rebuilding our raid core, and are in need of players to replace some trials that were cut. We are recruiting ALL exceptional players new, or returning, for moving towards mythics. We are seeking smart players who know how to play their class well and have no problem learning new mechanics quickly.

Raid Progression: 1/7 M EN
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)

About us:
      We are comprised of long term raiders who have raided multiple expansions at a high level.
      Most of us have played together for many years.
      We try to be on a first name basis with our raiders.
      We raid to have fun with our friends but also to push progression.
      Semi-Hardcore raiding guild whose goal is to get Cutting Edge each tier.

Who we are looking for:
      People who get excited about raiding every raid night.
      People we can rely on (attendance,effort,communication,dedication).
      People who who are looking for a fun raiding environment.
      People who understand what progression is all about.
      People who engage in the guild (socially, and as an integral part of the team).

We are currently looking for non-leather RDPS.

Requirements from you:
      Be able to make our times with 90% attendance (we understand certain real life situations occasionally come up)
      Know your class to the best of your ability and be able to take criticism from other players on how to improve your class. Also go through logs and see what you are doing wrong so you can play at your full potential.
      Execute mechanics in a logical sense. You do no DPS/HPS while you're dead. Standing in fire does not give you buffs.

If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and the general vibe of raids. 

Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)
    • By Sinnox
      Progression: 7/7 EN N (1/7H) Lead
      Faction: Horde (Lok'tar Ogar!)
      Schedule: Raiding Tuesdays/Wednesdays (occasionally Thursdays) 7pm EST to 10pm or later EST
      Classes/Specs Needed: 2 Healers, 3 DPS (Casters preferred but still apply)
      If you have parses of fights from raid bosses please link them in your whispers to myself or any of my officers! You will have priority if you can provide proof of your talent
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      Affliction/Destruction/Demonology Warlock (High Need)
      Windwalker/Mistweaver Monk
      Enhancement/Restoration Shaman
      Arcane/Frost/Fire Mage (High Need!)
      Shadow Priest (High Need)
      About us! :Born and built from the ground up on Deathwing, having earned the level 25 achievement when it was current (Some care about that lol). We're a very laid back guild, always a place to go have a great chat without worrying about toxicity. Active members always helpful and a pretty humorous atmosphere. When it comes to raiding we are a dedicated serious raiding team aiming to eventually push towards mythic, but we also aim to have a good time when on farm runs or practicing. Depending on the circumstance we will also put forth an effort to gear up newcomers and down some bosses and get some loot! Also welcoming just regular members who want a home! All are welcome!
      What next? :Give us a try! Contact Sinnox#1475 or Raer/Sinnox or Mckynzie, on Area 52 or just PM me! Any of us will set you up with an invite! Or if you have any questions by all means go ahead!
    • By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 6/7H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression.
      About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.
      What we are looking for:
      We currently have 15 raiders and we are looking to recruit more members to join our flexible raid roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids. At this moment, we are only seeking out ranged DPS (prefer lock, mage, or hunter) and healers (prefer druid or monk).
      Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are currently on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST and we use Ventrilo for our raids. We typically try out new recruits for at least a week or two to ensure that it is a good fit for both the recruit as well as our guild. Raid spots are not guaranteed due to the flexible raid roster (ie. if we only have 2 healers available, we cannot do 20man that night).
      If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!