FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oltier

Oltier and Berlinia in the Beta

Frostfire bolt hits like a truck, and they said in a post today that they are increasing the damage of it even more to compensate for the long cast time.  Yay for Ice Floes being able to be used on something other than Frostbolt:)  Thanks for giving us some insight while we wait patiently refreshing our Inbox for a beta invite;)

• Like 1

Use your Hearthstone to get to Frostfire ridge/Shadowmoon Valley and talk to Khadgar who stands on the entry road of Stormwind for teleport to Tanaan Jungle.

Also check out the wow forum where everything is explained. tongue.png

Except that he's 12' tall in the middle of Orgrimmar, I just got on before the 2p PST open. First weekend is apparently the stress test with two (now three) test servers. Got 2/3 of the way through the opening quest chain before I had to log over to Live for raid.

As for being "lucky," I think former testers who actually participate in the feedback aspect of the beta get invited back. This is my 4th. I see a LOT of the flock of complainers that were elbowing for space and then bitching about everything dropping out after about two weeks, if not sooner. Just keep your opt in settings on battle net current. There will be more keys to come as the people who jump off need replacing. I am also pretty sure that pre-ordering puts you in a better queue.

Edited by Belicosa

Except that he's 12' tall in the middle of Orgrimmar, I just got on before the 2p PST open. First weekend is apparently the stress test with two (now three) test servers. Got 2/3 of the way through the opening quest chain before I had to log over to Live for raid.

As for being "lucky," I think former testers who actually participate in the feedback aspect of the beta get invited back. This is my 4th. I see a LOT of the flock of complainers that were elbowing for space and then bitching about everything dropping out after about two weeks, if not sooner. Just keep your opt in settings on battle net current. There will be more keys to come as the people who jump off need replacing. I am also pretty sure that pre-ordering puts you in a better queue.

Pfft, Horde...

Question: how much of the changes and content should we be discussing in light of the NDA, or have they relaxed that?

You can share everything that is in game right now. Except ofc if something is behind an invisible wall, then there's a reason for that... :D

I am terribly sorry guys for the delayed answers, but since the last patch, the game doesn't want to update, thus I can't play with outdated client. However, the internet at home died and I can only use a mobile internet which is limited up to 30GB and a game would require a new download and insta., which is ~25 GB. A few more day and I am really sorry again. But once it is fixed I may even livestream HYPE!

Finished available content in Beta over the weekend on a pre-made lock. Destro still rocks, and there are a couple of Gron you'll want to avoid, which brings back memories of Hellfire Peninsula. Content-wise, nothing really astonishing. Kind of like all of the dev team quit and they just churned old content. Disappointing overall so far.

Item - Mage T17 Frost 2P Bonus - While Frozen Orb is active, you permanently have the Fingers of Frost effect.

Uh.........WHAT?

That's awesome! You should read 4pc too. :P

9 free FoF Ice Lances, then a few extra OP Frostbolts? Anytime mate!

I was saying in IRC the other day after the set bonuses were shown, that I think Thermal Void could be really nice with the 2 set, depending on the other talents. It seemed a little lackluster before but now it's essentially a guaranteed double duration IV.

Edited by durrtygoodz

Sorry Oltier, didn't realize that in your OP you mentioned what you do/don't have access to. Anyways, I have a couple of things I'm curious about, and was wondering if you know anything about them.

1.) What does the damage of Frostfire Bolt look like now in comparison to a regular frostbolt hit?

2.) Is the new Water Elemental ability something that we can drag to our cast bar and use manually?  With it lasting 4 seconds, is it possible to cast three frostbolts within that time for three FoF charges?

3.) Are there any limitations on the leveling perk in which Blizzard lowers the cooldown of Frozen orb?  This sounds incredibly powerful to me.

4.) How amazing is it being able to pool three FoF charges? biggrin.png  In the default Blizzard UI, is there a PowerAura type thing in the middle of the screen that visually represents a third charge?  Was wondering where they could fit it.

Hope you're having fun in there!  

2.: You cannot drag it to your bars, but you can make a macro for it. You can also make it to be automatically casted by the Water elemental, but ofc I wouldn't recommend that. With the current gear it's only possible to get 3 stacks ONLY from water jet and frostbolt, if you started precasting Frostbolt and you have Time Warp/Icy-Veins up. With both up, you will have to "waste" some benefits of Water Jet. Without any haste buff, reaching 3 stacks is only possible with pre-casting and a Brain Freeze proc, since during Water Jet FoFs proc from Frostbolts or FFBs.

3.: No, there is no limitation and it's extremely fun. With 3 targets up, I had to cast only one and a half blizzard between 2 orbs. Of course you have to stand still and channel etc to benefit fully, but I really liked it.

4.: Currently, the visual effects do not work. Only 1 charge shows up in the middle of the screen, but as a buff, you can see all the three.

I was saying in IRC the other day after the set bonuses were shown, that I think Thermal Void could be really nice with the 2 set, depending on the other talents. It seemed a little lackluster before but now it's essentially a guaranteed double duration IV.

When I read thermal void for the first time, it looked awful; seemed like an ability I would never take.  This is a good point, since Icy Veins increases multistrike instead of haste now.  Sounds like it has some incredible potential.

When I read thermal void for the first time, it looked awful; seemed like an ability I would never take.  This is a good point, since Icy Veins increases multistrike instead of haste now.  Sounds like it has some incredible potential.

IV only increases multistrike with a glyph, but yep, it's pretty good :)

It feels wierd to have a talent that's only strong with a set bonus though. Going live like that means it will get changed or be useless in patch 6.0/6.1

It feels wierd to have a talent that's only strong with a set bonus though. Going live like that means it will get changed or be useless in patch 6.0/6.1

It will most likely be changed during Beta.. This is why, this is beta, you know... :D

Have been playing frost mage in beta a lot lately and have some thoughts.

1.) Playing beta with close to zero haste after having so much of it on live is a doozy to get used to.

2.) Frost does so much more damage than any other class, and it's awesome.

3.) I miss Living Bomb/NT.  It feels very clunky, weird, and slow when there are spread out targets.

4.) Water Jet is pretty cool, gives us something to do with our pet when we are killing a boss.

6.)  They removed the draenor perk where FoF can stack up to 3 charges, yet they kept the perk where we get one sort-of quick frostbolt cast every 15 seconds (I'm not too happy about this).

7.) If you know a boss fight really well and can use it properly, Alter Time is basically a Lay on Hands.

Overall, I'm semi-enjoying how frost is playing.  There are a few things that seem really awkward and weird about the rotation, but I guess we will see if any more changes occur before WoD is released.

Edited by Sikkz

I think mostlymultistrike and the fact that you no longer have 90% haste at times is what makes it feel clunky :p

Ok, I'm kinda curious as to what y'all think of the Thermal Void talent.  I tried it earlier today on the 100 PvP realm in Shattrath and it seems pretty decent.  Getting near 100% uptime on IV is definitely going to add a different playstyle.  Such as a low haste build (to reach 50% with IV up) with high mastery and MS.  Thoughts?

It is pretty much equal to PC, (within 65% on single target) and a bit stronger than PC (about 2% on two targets). Comet storm is still piss.

Personally i think I will be swapping these two around depending on the fight, but during progress I think TV is the most dependable of the two. But there are some bosses, like the hand-tingle guy that PC just shines on!