FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cardio33

Questions about Destro & Afflic - normal to heroics transition (~560 ilevel)

Greetings all,

Just renewed my account recently to raid for a bit before school starts.  There's a couple general questions that I have and the answers in Zagam's guides seem to conflict with what I've found in other guides (namely youtube channels and mmo-champion lock guides)

Questions:

1.  Destro - single target do you even bother with rain of fire?  I see several options, either use it in your rotation, only during haste procs, or never.

2.  Destro - haste caps, I see 10124 haste for +2 immolate ticks but I don't see anything where destro is "soft capped".  What I mean by soft capped is incinerates + backdraft drop below 1 sec.  Anyone know that value?

3.  Afflic - multi target opener like Dark Shamans or Protectors.  If procs align I can get 700k openers but I feel like I should be able to push more.  Here's what I do:

prepot -> CoE main target -> DS -> haunt -> SB/SS main target -> channel for full procs -> SB/SS main target -. inhale dots and spread to everything else.

On protectors, do you guys try to keep haunt up on more than 1 target on opener?  I know it's not sustainable for the entire fight.

1 - No.  RoF is only a DPS gain/Ember gain if it hits 1 target with Tempus Repit up for the full duration (no movement) or hits 2 targets for full duration.  If you have 3 or more, you should be using it, but for ST, only if TR is up, and it's a VERY minor DPS gain.

2 - That value is in the Destruction guide I wrote on the forums in a nice, pretty spreadsheet.  Go to the bottom and look for the cast you are seeking plus any buffs up.  For fun, I'll just tell you that with raid haste, Incinerate is capped at 35% Haste and Backdraft.  (Backlash = Backdraft in spreadsheet).  With Bloodlust, you need less than 5% Haste to cap.

3 - Often times I see what someone says they do and what they actually do are very different.  If you post logs, we can actually help identify issues you have.  In theory, what you wrote down should be fine.  If you are having unsatisfactory results, it's your gameplay, not the theory that has the issue.

You always use Haunt to empower already empowered DoTs.  You would prioritize Haunt when you have powerful DoTs up. 

Also, as a tip for the future regarding all information,

what I've found in other guides (namely youtube channels)

Don't ever, ever take tips from Youtube channels. 

• Like 1

Great thanks for the advice.  Do you recommend any streams or channels where I can watch some videos instead of reading guides?  I'll definitely check out your stream also.

Great thanks for the advice.  Do you recommend any streams or channels where I can watch some videos instead of reading guides?  I'll definitely check out your stream also.

When Sparkuggz does stream it's worth watching.  Mostly it's been Alpha stuff as of late but he usually will answer any questions posted in chat.  

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sparkuggz

https://www.youtube.com/user/evreliagaming

Every once in a while the two of them will disagree about a point, but it's normally minor and purely playstyle. If you must pick one, I would pick Spark's information.