FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrox

Haste>mastery or crit

Hi,

I have reach haste cap 40% and i have thok tail but i don't know if crit is best or if it's mastery

Can you help me pls?

Thanks

I believe the crit theory has been abandoned by all, so the stat priority is still Haste (40%) > Mastery > Crit

OK. And the hard cap of 50%it's true?

Because i get 10% raid buff. 

I think get 50% haste raid buff and go mastery.

It's good idea?

10% raid buff does not count, its entirely from your stats. Mouse over your Haste % and you'll see the % from stats, thats the number you want to get to 40%. Then all mastery.

• Like 1

Like Fouton said, Mastery will give you the best overall sustained damage, while Crit may give high random spike damage, cannot compete overtime.Unless you are full heroic BIS with stupid high stats across the board and willing to test Crit, Mastery takes the lead by far.

Well, crit may give u the theoretical highest dps by a small margin, but thats only for ST, the second theres aoe involved, which is most fights in SoO, mastery thats the lead and becomes better, which is the reason top players prio mastery over crit.

Crit can be a very good stat after haste. For about 2 weeks I did haste to 50%>Crit>Mastery and still performed well. In fact, on a few fights I got some top 10 world ranks. Last night I went back to 40% Haste>Mastery>Crit. There just isn't enough fights where crit will pull ahead of mastery.

• Like 1

Crit can be a very good stat after haste. For about 2 weeks I did haste to 50%>Crit>Mastery and still performed well. In fact, on a few fights I got some top 10 world ranks. Last night I went back to 40% Haste>Mastery>Crit. There just isn't enough fights where crit will pull ahead of mastery.

I was about to commentate that you'd done that, Bit!  So I'm glad you popped by to mention it.

• Like 1

Can you share your armory and logs for this? I'd be interested in seeing your work. :)

Can you share your armory and logs for this? I'd be interested in seeing your work. smile.png

I'm guessing it's Krazy's new guild's logs Geoda.  Just don't look at their healers.  >.<  

Semi's WCL

• Like 1

I think in terms of both raid comp and raid size it just depends, if you're in 10m, I can see crit being generally more viable (if only because you'll be one of the few melee and currently I think all ranged have better aoe than a ret pally) because of less targets to cleave upon and more single target uptime, also if you have a mastery buff in 10m but no crit, I don't think it would hurt. 

Now 25m where you'll have both buffs, and tons of adds to cleave, on add fights, mastery pulls well ahead, that's just my opinion of course. but what do I know I'm a nutter.

Stat Rating for 1% Value compared to Str DPS increase
Str n/a 1 3.71
Hit 340 1.04 3.85
Expertise 340 0.73 2.71
Haste 425 0.54 2
Mastery 600 0.43 1.61
Crit 600 0.43 1.59

Stat weights float in relation to each other. The above is in a roughly T14 Heroic set of gear based on SimCraft. While it is highly recommended you run your own stat weights, in general you can feel safe with:

Str > Haste > Crit=Mastery

By higher tiers it appears:

Str > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Thok's Tail Tip appears to set it to:

Str > Haste > Crit > Mastery

If you want to cheese meters for AOE, continue with Mastery > Crit as it scales faster with multiple targets.

This was all found here: http://forums.elitistjerks.com/page/articles.html/_/world-of-warcraft/paladin/ret-54-mop-retribution-concordance-retcon-r85

Since I too am new to the Retribution game, can anyone comment on the above post from EJ?

That's a little out-dated, in that it was put up at the time the content was released, where in theory crit is indeed better, but number wise only for single target (I did some testing there myself as have a few other of my ret buddies; however, with the content mastery still pulls ahead simply for the AoE factor so mastery is still better.

Okay cool. Thanks for the clarification Auriel. It seems like most theorycrafting on high end gear has slowed down and people are more or less keeping to themselves or waiting on the next expansion.