FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

Korkron and jugg 10 man healing - help!

Hello again,

I have really improved since my first visit hre months ago. I shelved my main til WoD and am focused on this druid, possibly making him the main then.

So long story short. I figured out my "standing still" healing and I am in my opinion good enough in wing 1 and 3 and even 4 (garrosh was shaky though).

My issues are trying to heal in wing 2 but mainly Jugg and Shamans. My mind runs home to momma when everyone starts running all over and don't really try to group up enough (and I thoroughly understand those fights from a melee POV. It's not easy o stack of course, I don't expect them to) I want to improve so I can handle these situations.

Basically I freak out and forget wth I am supposed to do. I wildly cast rejuv and can't keep lifebloom up. I am so often switching to raid group I find really difficult...oh and I am not super experienced in healing.

armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Oomjin/advanced

Logs...I find peace in rotations, I know I have to be more reactive but still I am not grounded in what I am casting on these fights.

Advice please, greatly appreciated!

on the wipes I was below in the courtyard, the shaman was up top.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cHBVyjP9azmrndYT#boss=1606&wipes=1

Jugg - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cHBVyjP9azmrndYT#fight=21

Edited by gonlaz

Ok, from what I see your armory is ok. Im not that experienced whit enterper the logs so I will just tell you what im doing and hope it will help. On shammans we have them both together on normal so I put my muchrom under the tanks/mele ( and move that along with them, I alos try to stay in range as much as posibel so i can keep lifebloom up. I go whit incarnation on all fights, just works better for me so I pop that when needed and spam lifebloom + regrowth from the procs. I also use symbiosis on the shaman (if there are one in the group) so I can run/move with tranq. Other then that it moslty using wildgrowth on cd and keeping reju up on as meny as i can.

For jugger normal I place my shroom under him/ were the tanks are so i can bloom them when the tanks have taken a bomb. Then its bacecly just the same. Dont know if it will help but here is an old log from shamans. We usally 3 heal this fight just to make it smoother. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kz31t6Jg2RbpQnTk#fight=19

Hope this was atleast alilte helpfull. Im sure Krazyo and other players have more and probbebly better advice.

Have fun and take care.

•  

One minor detail, you're a little bit over haste cap.  May want to try to go down a bit.  but other than that armory looks fine.

Juggernaut:

• Harmony: 87% - Decent, but should be better.  Make a weak aura that shows up when you have FIVE or less seconds up so it reminds you to put it back before it expires.
  • Lifebloom: 45%, Terrible.  Need to keep this active. 
  • Rejuv - 95%, good, but there was time where it wasn't up at all.  Should always be rolling on the tanks at least.
  • Swiftmend: 9/18 times.  if you were closer to 14 or 15, it would have been fine.  This is too low.
  • Wild Growth 15 - Swiftmend before each one.
Soul of the Forest:

Out of your 9 swiftmends you used Soul of the Forest on a total of 1 wild growth.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cHBVyjP9azmrndYT#fight=21&type=casts&source=5&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24auras-cast%240%240.0.0.Any%24137917067.0.0.Druid%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24114108

0V1vAuQ.png

I marked in red the one spot you did it correctly.  The rest, the Wild Growths were everywhere and not used with Soul of the Forest.   There was even a long time period where you didn't use Swiftmend at all.

fdC0Hwd.png

This one you even used Soul of the Forest on Lifebloom, and then immediately refreshed it, thus losing the buff.

You need to work on saving your Wild Growth and Swiftmend for each other.  And every time you swiftmend you want wild growth to be your next used spell.  You also need to work on using Swiftmend more often, after you get a better feel of pressing that button often, you can make smarter decisions on if you should use it or not, for now, you need to press it close to on CD as possible.

Efflorescence

8IMegFC.png

Here, the bright Green lines means you placed your mushroom, while the purple line means you bloomed it.  When you replaced your mushroom the 2nd time, you had a long period where it did very little healing.  Then you bloomed it, replaced it and it started doing more healing.  That first bloom though, healed for 0.  You want to work on placing your mushroom better and blooming when theres burst damage.  Iron jugg doesn't have very much burst, its mostly passive healing while the "burst" you heal with big CD's

These are the areas you need to improve.  Looking at shamans, its more of the same.  You just need better lifebloom uptime, more swiftmend casts timed with Wild Growth, and better placement of your mushroom.

As for what to do in a paniky situation, best thing to do is just dont panic.  Just use and short CD spell you have (NS + HT, SM, WG, etc) then use rejuv on people who have taken damage, then heal with healing touch procs form 2pc or regrowth with OoC procs.

• Like 1

Ok so you're saying only use wild growth after swift mend then?

As for shamans mushroom, they were crazy, I haven't seen so many people spread out all over going in no particular direction like that since like week 1-10. I couldn't place that shroom anywhere for more than 2 seconds because they moved again. I really am at a lost as to how to heal that encounter, it makes no sense to me. As a shaman I can totally see how to do it. 

People should be stacked up behind the boss following the tank so you k of where the vortex will spawn

• Like 1

The most efficient way to do shamans, from a healing and progression stand point, is to have all of your ranged and healers max distance from the tanks so that you're never spawning a storm anywhere that it will creep up onto or in front of the tanks. Either you via your Efflorescence/Mushroom graphic or someone else in the raid with a marker on their head that is very reliable and efficient should be used as a marker for a stack point. Put the mushroom so that the back is on the stack point so you won't have to move it if you need to scoot up when the storm or tornadoes creep toward you.

But, if you don't really worry about stacking or anything like that, there shouldn't be much healing to do on the bottom. To be honest, all I really do is throw out a Rejuv on anyone that takes a tick of a storm and keep LB on the tank. When someone has the Iron Prison and it's about to run out, I throw a Rejuv about 10 seconds before it goes off and save my Swiftmend. Sometimes the fight will line up in such a way they might get a storm spawning on them right before the Iron Prison goes off which will put them below health. I just make sure I throw a Swiftmend to get them back up before that happens. The mushroom kind of goes to the wayside when we're doing this, if I'm being honest.

Also, if you have hunters in your group, they're limited in their ability to use Deterrence. Communicate with them ahead of time to know that if they get Iron Prisoned repeatedly and can't use Deterrence for one that they need to call for an Ironbark.

• Like 1

Oh. Whoops. Ignore everything except Iron Prison information - the rest of it still applies.

My old 10-man used a very, very weird strat on normal. It worked, but unholy Illidan it was weird.

• Like 1

He's doing normal. Prison isn't a factor.

Krazy:

When open the following log:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VBPcDf9mwpLgnGTb#type=healing&fight=6&source=4

and click Buffs and the "+" next to sotf:

I get all the spells buffs I created. (I dont have office so can't really show you but here is the link)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VBPcDf9mwpLgnGTb#type=auras&fight=6&sourceclass=Any&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24114108

On your advanced learning tutorial you somehow showed just rejuv and wild growth after casts but I cannot get that far. I click buffs and casts, my screen looks nothing like your screen shot. I want to see SotF and Wild Growth to see how I improved tonight, if I did, over the previous night. I am unsure how to do that.

Im lost. Has to be an easier way to do this?

What am I missing?

Edited by gonlaz

After you press '+', you want to click seperate, it will turn to off, click it again, it becomes "main"

Then go to the "casts" tab and turn off the rejuvs Bars, then turn on the wild growth bars

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VBPcDf9mwpLgnGTb#type=casts&fight=6&source=4&start=251031&end=471926&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24auras-cast%240%240.0.0.Any%24137917067.0.0.Druid%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24114108

• Like 1

After you press '+', you want to click seperate, it will turn to off, click it again, it becomes "main"

Then go to the "casts" tab and turn off the rejuvs Bars, then turn on the wild growth bars

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VBPcDf9mwpLgnGTb#type=casts&fight=6&source=4&start=251031&end=471926&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24auras-cast%240%240.0.0.Any%24137917067.0.0.Druid%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24114108

I dont know man, Im not getting the same thing.

from the link I linked I had already clicked the + then separate then main. All I see is either all buffs I cast or all players in the raid that I cast it on.

Now turn off the rejuvs Bars and turn in wild growth.

And I turn off the rejuv bars by clicking the rejuv column/row/whatever on the left correct?

holy crap I found my issue. I have to click to the exact spot you highlighted with the red dot, not just the field anywhere close to the word "rejuvination." Ok I think I may have it. I am sorry for being a pain. I'm rough with this stuff. Thank you for the time you put in Krazy

It's better than the IJ. You can work at it a little more since the start of it wasn't that great. I'm not at my computer right now so I can't give it a thorough look

Additionally, if you don't like the bars, you can click the + on casts as well to pin those as well. You'll have to put them on the main graph in the same way you do buffs, but they'll show up as verticle lines you can color. Depending on what you're looking at, sometimes it's easier to see that way when the line is only on that exact moment.

• Like 1

I was hitting SM and WG right after, so they seemed really close, closer than his tutorial graph so I'm not sure that's optimum but I can work on it. I saw a real improvement in my healing over the last 3 fights in the instance, very pleased. I love the info I get from this site :)