FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Azrogol

Finding a guild: Am I doing it wrong?

So I'm trying to find a guild so I can start doing normals, get geared and eventually push for heroics, with my goal being to clear HC Garrosh before WoD. I've made some forum posts on the Battle.net forums and now on MMO-C, and Icy-Veins, and I haven't gotten a single reply. Am I doing something wrong? Or does nobody want somebody in my gear? The post for reference: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1542278-542-DK-LF-Raiding-Guild

ok first ". Available Friday - Monday, 10:30pm - 3:00am server, Tuesday - Thursday all day." it kind of a no no to post this. most guild dont raid after 10 p ."  yes you have a few days that you can raid tesday- thursday.  i would suggest taking this down off of it becasue unless asked then you can tell them when you can raid and where you can make it

I don't have a lot of progression raiding experience,: again take this down. becasue as a raid leader( or gm) i see it as "your stupid and stand in fire or stuff. if you been playing a year and dont have that much xp your not going to be a good raider "never say you dont have a lot of xp when it come to raid.

most people wont respond to any post if they need people you need to respond to there posts

Edited by TIme987

Well, at least on our forums, you didn't read the rules and improperly formatted your post.  Are you in the US, or EU?  What time zone is server time?  Etc.

You are kind of low geared for the majority of Normal mode groups right now, but you're also in a skill/gear range where the majority of the guilds you'd be looking for are using Trade as the majority of their player finding.

You're also low experience, and no-one wants to feel like they're carrying someone.

My suggestion is to get some more Flexes under your belt, and gear up, then join Normal mode pugs and gear up further.  Once you can show you know what you're doing, you'll have a lot easier of an in.  And don't be afraid to apply to other guilds in your range, as you can't always rely on people trying to find you.

If you do apply somewhere, please spend a little time and format your posts.  No-one wants to carry someone, and it shows you have some good communication and reasoning skills.

And don't be afraid to apply to other guilds in your range, as you can't always rely on people trying to find you.

This ^^

Think of raiding as a job. If you are looking to get your first job, do you really expect companies to come out and find you? Unless you're like a Sr. VP or CEO, there aren't many companies that are going to go out of their way to pick you up. The only way you're going to get where you want to be is by grabbing the bull by its horns and going for it. You need to do the research to find out what guilds suite your needs, find their website and fill out an application.

Also, you want to be very professional in your application and remember to proof read/spell check. If you do not take your application serious, how do you expect others to take you serious?

If I may add my two cents as someone that was wanting to raid and had trouble finding a group.  

Guilds really won't come to you,  you will have to find them.  Not sure why, but I always kind of expected someone to ask me instead of me asking them.  That never happened, taking an active role in your search was most important to me finding a new guild. 

If you'd rather not change servers, watch Trade/Local chat in your main city for people advertising to add to their guild looking to add raiders.  Be sure it's a good fit to your schedule and when you can be there to raid. Make sure your iLvl is acceptable for their needs.  If they are looking for Heroic raiders it's probably not going to work out if you only have LFR gear. ( I made this mistake)   But I checked and your ilvl is above LFR, you will for sure have a few people welcome you with a 542 livl.

I also got the advice from Icy-Veins people of being  properly gem'd and enchanted as this will be the first thing people inspect after your ilvl.   The next test I got was someone wanted to watch my rotation on a target dummy so be comfortable with that.  If you've got the proper rotation down people know your damage/heals will improve with gear and they can work with you but if you low because of technique they are less willing to work with you. 

In general make  yourself as appealing to a guild as you can, but also make it work for you.  Take it seriously but no much so that it takes the fun out of it.  It is a game for entertainment so be sure and have fun.  Just remember in a Raid group there are 9 or 24 other people who are letting/asking you be part of their fun.  

Good luck and happy raiding.

You're supposed to look for guilds' forum posts and work your schedule around theirs, not the other way around. Once you're one of the top players of your server, maybe you can think about guilds coming to you.

Edited by AMonkeyCourier