FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WOD BETA DISCUSSION w/SCREENSHOTS

Massive beta wave today btw. Basically everyone I know has beta now. Stupid thing didn't send me an email.

Every single one of my raiders sans one got one today.  Almost enough to make a guild...again.

Looks like level 100 talent on talent tree is available, even at 92. Thoughts on which talent would benefit which spec most? I'm leaning toward Cataclysm, or does Charred Remains return enough sparks to make it worthwhile. I guess since they gave me 200 Tomes I will test both.

Looks like level 100 talent on talent tree is available, even at 92. Thoughts on which talent would benefit which spec most? I'm leaning toward Cataclysm, or does Charred Remains return enough sparks to make it worthwhile. I guess since they gave me 200 Tomes I will test both.

Are you asking what talent would benefit you at 92 or 100?  At 92, you're leveling, and Charred Remains gives you infinite Chaos Bolts.  With the glyph that heals you upon killing something with Chaos Bolt, it's a no brainer.  Conflag to get charges of Backdraft and snare, then blow it up with Chaos Bolt.  This should work until level 95 when you'll need to follow with a Shadowburn.

At level 100, it's impossible to tell right now, both mechanically and numerically since damage parses still need to be done and the talents themselves are not complete.  Demonic Servitude is being designed through current iterations.  Cataclysm is likely done aside from a damage tuning, so you can test that.  Chaotic Resources, in my opinion, has some work to do.  Demonbolt feels ok.  Charred Remains, however, feels like the damage on Incinerate and Conflag should be increased and the Ember generation decreased.  I think right now, you deal 40% of Incin and Conflag and generate 300% embers.  I think it should be 50-60% of Incin and Conflag and 200-250% of Embers.  Right now, Ember generation is way too high.  For Affliction, Empowered Haunt is boring and likely won't change mechanically, only numerically.

I think Demonbolt might become my favourite change, even though I don't understand how to use it yet. All I hope is that it's flexible enough to cater to different choices in different fights, rather than a single, flat-out best playstyle in which you only ever use Demonbolt above X fury and then you do exactly X, X and X afterwards.

But I think RNG of procs will ensure we don't just have a basic rotation of build > bolt > spendspendspend > build > bolt etc.

Edited by Oldtrout

If they changed it to refund after either a) leaving meta or b) after say 10 seconds it would be amazing. The fact that it requires you to dump all your fury makes it feel a bit too restrictive in my opinion.

• Like 1

New glyph of Dark Soul doesn't seem to be working correctly with AD. Still a 2 minute recharge.

Did a bit more playing around with demonbolt on the dummy, using glyphed DS as Liquid mentioned earlier in the thread (but no AD, so basically wasted my level 90 talent). Here's a 5 min log (no pots used, naff doom uptime)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jpbyv1FfRtjqa9X2/

The main thing I take from this is that with only 5 casts Demonbolt is joint-top on my damage, and this is with my only crit coming on the weak one on the pull (I say weak, it's still 60k). It does mean that our only big damage comes at 1 minute intervals. Like liquid said earlier in the thread, if there's an add we have to switch to and burst down, Demo is only going to be decent if the mob comes at the precise time we have 900+ fury and DS ready. Casting a half-baked demonbolt while DS is on cooldown feels like it is going to screw with our timings, although obviously fury generation will be different in a multi-mob situation so it could be viable.

Also, because I'm bad, I let corruption drop a couple of times before popping meta, but it showed me that the time we have to spend all our fury to get the refund is quite lenient, so there's no problem dropping it to renew corruption if you're bad like me, or HoG weave if you're good you're an idiot who doesn't follow updates.

edit: just to test, also tried out a different style of spamming Demonbolt in meta, finishing with ToC to renew corruption and then just using my MC procs in caster to build, to make up for the smaller DB refund. I thought it would be less dps, and it was. 

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VaMKFRZtzvT31qcB/

edit2: logs seem to be separating me and my demon. should be 16k in first log vs 14k in second. yeh, very weak parses but I played similarly on both so the dps difference is semi-accurate

Edited by Oldtrout

You don't need to HoG weave anymore as they have stated that it will not benefit from Meta Mastery.

I've just been refreshing Corruption manually.

Hmm, maybe shadowflame is still a big enough component of our dps that it's worth never capping charges? (as you might during the meta spendathon). Dunno, it's minor I guess.

Edited by Oldtrout

I found that if I did a 2 stack HoG right before I went into Meta to pop cooldowns and Demon Bolt, I would come out of Meta just as both HoG charges were fully recharged.

So raid testing is coming tomorrow! What spec will you guys be playing? I have only tried Demo/destro so far, and haven't done any testing since addons been enabled to see my damage. What spec currently seems to be on top, and is it still mastery #1 in all specs?

So raid testing is coming tomorrow! What spec will you guys be playing? I have only tried Demo/destro so far, and haven't done any testing since addons been enabled to see my damage. What spec currently seems to be on top, and is it still mastery #1 in all specs?

Mastery Destro with GoSac and CR seems to be best for ST by far, and tied with Cataclysm Demo on 2-3 target cleave, and 4+ targets.  Affliction is noticeably behind in all three categories.  At least from my experience, and logs from other people.

I tried a Crit build demo with GoSac and CR and i got embercapped far too often. there were times where 4 spells would take me from 1 ember to capped. probably why it's better to go with Mastery and have slightly slower ember generation so that you don't end up ember capping yourself constantly.

I tried Affliction through two of the heroic instances and It just felt horrible, the single target felt ok but any kind of multi target I felt like I was losing so much damage just trying to transfer dots over or recasting them constantly. I would rather see them make the SB/SW cost 0 shards but cost a lot of mana. So it's something we can do fairly easy on 4-5 mob packs but not something we can just spam like we currently do on protectors.

I didn't run meters for either so i'm not sure how well I did or have anything to compare it to. Asked about a couple of the boss fights and I was ahead of the tank for about half the fights but pretty far behind the other two DPS(Mage, Monk) constantly.

So, what do y'all think of the new grimoire of synergy for demo?

Demonology Changes
We were unsatisfied with Grimoire of Sacrifice for Demonology. Fundamentally, it did not fit Demonology’s theme to sacrifice their pet, full time. We had toyed with ideas where it acted as a temporary cooldown for Demonology, but have decided to replace it with a new talent, which is more theme-appropriate, and fits well against the competition in that talent row.

• Grimoire of Sacrifice is no longer available to Demonology Warlocks and has a new talent, Grimoire of Synergy in its place.
    • Grimoire of Synergy: When the Warlock or their demon deals damage, there is a chance to trigger Demonic Synergy, granting the other one 15% increased damage for 15 seconds.

It really depends on how often that procs. I feel like it'd have to be a really high uptime to be worrth taking over GoSup or GoServ.

Didn't we have something like this at one point, like a Fel Synergy talent or something?

Would be great.  Service is rather rubbish with DF generation, especially since our damage won't snapshot in next tier.  Supremacy''s 20% gain of DF is pretty shit, too.  Synergy looks to be pretty solid if it has 20% uptime or better.

New Demonbolt:

Launch of ball of demonic energy at the target, dealing [ 1 + 200% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage. Each Demonbolt increases the cost of further Demonbolts by 50% for 60 sec (reduced by Haste), stacking up to 10 times. Requires Metamorphosis. Warlock - LvL 0 Talent. 160 Demonic Fury. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast.

Seems like a pretty lazy way to make sure we only use it sparingly.