FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WOD BETA DISCUSSION w/SCREENSHOTS

To add some fun, rich people are going to have big garrisons.  Poor people will have barebones garrisons.  It kinda fits.  If you want something, you gotta work for it. 

Im mostly bummed out because I wanted to have at least something mostly nice for each toon or at least my main and my fav alt or two. But 10-20k per toon to have something semi-bitchn, that's to pricey for my blood. Maybe when I start making a killing selling CMs and such but unlikely.

Im mostly bummed out because I wanted to have at least something mostly nice for each toon or at least my main and my fav alt or two. But 10-20k per toon to have something semi-bitchn, that's to pricey for my blood. Maybe when I start making a killing selling CMs and such but unlikely.

Or you can be the first person I loan money to.  I've been saving up in preparation for Garrisons and such.  Am I crazy or did I see that the Garrison would be account wide?  Might have to look into that...

Or you can be the first person I loan money to.  I've been saving up in preparation for Garrisons and such.  Am I crazy or did I see that the Garrison would be account wide?  Might have to look into that...

Account wide 5k is fine. But I was under the impression that they changed the account wide bit post-blizzcon

Think about all the people right now spending gold on SoO runs and Challenge Mode carries.  For each CM carry, that gold could be spent on a fully upgraded, fully loaded garrison. 

Gold spent on SoO/CMs circulates between players, likely with very little of it being removed from the system. A significant reduction in total circulating gold could be expected, particularly given the small size of individual purchases rather than the lumped yak or BMAH purchase. More importantly, are these frivolous or necessary purchases?

quick comparison of significant gold sinks

sum of all costs listed by Lockybalboa: 91k (5k, 18 units; 1k, 1 unit)

yak: 108k
assumed BMAH purchase: 100k+

Gold spent on SoO/CMs circulates between players, likely with very little of it being removed from the system. A significant reduction in total circulating gold could be expected, particularly given the small size of individual purchases rather than the lumped yak or BMAH purchase. More importantly, are these frivolous or necessary purchases?

quick comparison of significant gold sinks

sum of all costs listed by Lockybalboa: 91k (5k, 18 units; 1k, 1 unit)

yak: 108k

assumed BMAH purchase: 100k+

Those who buy Challenge Modes are unlikely to sell them, thus a gold sink.

Those who sell Challenge Modes are unlikely to buy them, thus a gold mine.

I don't see the cyclic pattern or rotation of gold.  This is a classic case of the rich get richer. 

The Yak goes to my previous testament that mount gold sinks are getting boring.  You buy it and only pull it out when someone asks for it.  No one rides that or the stupid turtles around.  Garrisons would provide a very aesthetically pleasing gold sink where you would actually always see where your gold went.  It will literally feel like building a house on your property and expanding it with resources to eventually gain more resources back. 

I should have been more specific. Garrisons, the yak and BMAH are examples of ways gold is removed from the game; the only way for gold to enter the game is through questing, gold drops, vendoring items and guild challenges. As for the CM economy: the people that sell CMs spend the gold on in-game items or sell it for real currency, thus it enters circulation once more. 

Stream will go live tonight at 10 EST (after 24).  Will be finishing the grind to level 92 and digging deeper into Garrisons.

This has nothing to do with the beta but on the lines of money sinks and such, horde and ally AH will be linked in WoD.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/322776-merged-ah-a-feature-of-warlords/

I made a post over in our WoD forums about it if people are interested in further discussion.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/6305-horde-and-ally-ah-linked-in-60/

Are all the new player models in btw?

A lot are.  I didn't really notice until I got on my Undead Priest and started walking around.  His face is fuller and he walks like he doesn't have to poop anymore.

Tauren Death Knight also galloped instead of prancing like before.  His legs looked different, too, but I was fairly tired at this point.  I think a lot of new models are in.

• Like 1

so did we not get fel flame back? i also cant seem to find CoE or the command demon function for sacrifice abilities. figure they are still working out bugs tho.

CoE, Command Demon are not in current build.  Unsure - I know they said they considered removing CoE and baking it into something, but I don't see the effect yet.  It should be baked into Incinerate, Drain Soul, Shadow Bolt, and Soul Fire.

So many bugs.  SO MANY BUGS.  I may have been right at a UA breakpoint, but last night late, I thought I wasn't seeing partial ticks from Unstable Affliction.  Doom and Chaos Bolt are broken, so yeah.  I'll be doing a lot deeper looks now that I'm level 92.

FF should come back, eventually.  Without KJC, movement is confined to the following abilities in combat:

Destruction: Conflagrate > Rain of Fire > Twilight Ward = Ember Tap

Demonology: Life Tap (if below 75% mana), Hand of Gul'dan > Doom = Corruption > Twilight Ward > Touch of Chaos

Affliction: Life Tap (if below 75% mana), Corruption = Agony > Twilight Ward

Destruction has no mana issues and is relatively relaxing to move and cast with Conflag with some pre-planning.  Worst case scenario is you put up RoF or use Twilight Ward. 

Demonology should be of little issue to move and cast with proper planning and Metamorphosis.  Worst case scenario is a Life Tap.

Affliction really has only a couple of options with DoTs and TW.  With DoTs, you can reapply any time without worrying about losing snapshotting.  Since you're moving and not casting anyways, the DPET loss of clipping whatever Pandemic effect goes live should be relatively minor all things considered.

Yeah, it's not in current form.  I would imagine they're reworking it to absorb all forms of damage like it does with 4pc PvP set.  No reason to freak out and make a website like www.heroicstrike.org when we don't see something.  It's likely going under iterations.

Warriors tend to get pissy when they get their toys taken from them.

Yeah, it's not in current form.  I would imagine they're reworking it to absorb all forms of damage like it does with 4pc PvP set.  No reason to freak out and make a website like www.heroicstrike.org when we don't see something.  It's likely going under iterations.

That made me guffaw. I'm glad we can use the internet for great good, great evil, AND great uselessness

• Like 1

Twilight Ward has a glyph in the current build to make it work for all schools. They just don't have the spell in there.

Also, CoE is going away but not being baked into anything.  The utilities of spell vulnerability, physical vulnerability, and weakened armor were all removed to make way for 3% versatility buff and 5% multistrike buff, the latter of which is replacing stamina as an aspect of Dark Intent.

Until they reversed the Drain Soul/Malefic Grasp thing, I was ready to make a drainsoul.org.  Not really, but I was pretty mad about it.

The utilities of spell vulnerability, physical vulnerability, and weakened armor were all removed to make way for 3% versatility...

Yeah, I forgot about that shit.

Also, you're not kidding.  Picked up a trinket that had +55 versatility on it at level 91.  +22% damage done, +52% damage reduction.  It wasn't WORKING, but that's what the tooltip said.

IMO, the cost should be high.  This is a MUCH better gold sink that Orbs of Mystery for JC mounts or other mounts.  People are getting bored of buying a mount and it being added to your inventory of mounts you don't see.  Look at the damn Yak - 108k for Reforging efficiency now used in case you're a chronic Transmogger.  Woo. 

Sorry, joining this conversation a bit late.  My understanding is that you'll actually unlock most (if not all) of the garrison blueprints through questing.  The option to buy them from a vendor at a high price is mainly there for people who skip questing and level up through PvP or chain-running dungeons or whatever.

But they've changed direction garrisons so many times and gone through so many 'iterations' I could be completely wrong.

Sorry, joining this conversation a bit late.  My understanding is that you'll actually unlock most (if not all) of the garrison blueprints through questing.  The option to buy them from a vendor at a high price is mainly there for people who skip questing and level up through PvP or chain-running dungeons or whatever.

But they've changed direction garrisons so many times and gone through so many 'iterations' I could be completely wrong.

They've recently changed it to where you earn one of two in each zone through questing, and then you have to buy the one you missed.

At least that's my current understanding.