Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aleckin

Combat Rogue - DPS Loss on Skipping Rupture

5 posts in this topic

Thank you , Icy-Veins, for the 5.0.4 rogue class guides. As always, they've been tremendously helpful in the process of setting up the optimal rotations, cooldown usage, reforge, gems, enchants, etc.

I have a question about skipping ability_rogue_rupture.jpgRupture for Combat Rogues and the subsequent DPS loss in doing so.

Unlike, Assassination with ability_rogue_venomouswounds.jpgVenomous Wounds and Subtlety with ability_rogue_sanguinaryvein.jpgSanguinary Vein, Combat has no passive abilities that boost the benefits of ability_rogue_rupture.jpgRupture. I believe skipping ability_rogue_rupture.jpgRupture would be less of a dps loss for Combat compared to Assassination and Subtlety.

What would SimCraft advise for level 90 Combat Rogues with T14 gear?

1 person likes this

Thank you , Icy-Veins, for the 5.0.4 rogue class guides. As always, they've been tremendously helpful in the process of setting up the optimal rotations, cooldown usage, reforge, gems, enchants, etc.

I have a question about skipping ability_rogue_rupture.jpgRupture for Combat Rogues and the subsequent DPS loss in doing so.

Unlike, Assassination with ability_rogue_venomouswounds.jpgVenomous Wounds and Subtlety with ability_rogue_sanguinaryvein.jpgSanguinary Vein, Combat has no passive abilities that boost the benefits of ability_rogue_rupture.jpgRupture. I believe skipping ability_rogue_rupture.jpgRupture would be less of a dps loss for Combat compared to Assassination and Subtlety.

What would SimCraft advise for level 90 Combat Rogues with T14 gear?

I'm in the middle of moving places, but I'll check this out for you as soon as I assemble my desk and replug my computer ;)

If anyone else could run the simulation though, that'd be great!

although i didn't run stimulation :P

If you check logs from new fights all combat rogues using rupture for single target

exception is only multi target fights when you are using blade flurry

check out post on ElitJerks (they did some stimu runs) about rupture. Posted Image

Just for information, I've just done a simulation with the Combat Rogue T14H profile in SimC, and not using Rupture is a 1.5% DPS loss.

When I'm running combat I toss one up when I can, but don't worry about it too much. Keeping SnD up is way more important.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SolidSyn
      Hello i am looking for some help on maximizing my DPS as a outlaw rogue I try to follow the icy veins guide for basically everything rotation stats etc.. i fell like I am under performing in our raid attempts and i was wondering if i could get some input on how I am performing. I know that my ghostly strike up time is low and i need to work on that.
      here are logs from last night 
      http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ljl99rc1qwozeets/
      and here are some from last week 
      http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lm1wcasrtdtfp85k/
      And here is my advanced Armory 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Solidsyn/advanced

any help would be greatly appreciated 
      Thanks in advance 
    • By Bane
      Hi all,
      So I'm returning to WoW after taking about a year off and am looking for a little assistance with my Outlaw Rogue because I am apparently missing something.
      I've followed IV's Outlaw Rogue Guide as closely as I could. Here's a breakdown of what I'm running with:
      Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Bàné/simple Warcraft Logs (H Ursoc for example): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D8Txfm7FbNwcR1VY/#type=damage-done&source=23 My rotation is (as far as I can tell) right from the Guide M4D to RTB AB &  CotDB simultaneously when I can Guildie for comparison (with lower ilvl): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D8Txfm7FbNwcR1VY/#type=damage-done&source=32 So I'm not currently running Ghostly Strike, which I am considering changing. But overall I feel  like sometimes I'm waiting for the "perfect" moment to cast AB/CotDB, so as not to waste any time on it. Also, my when I RTB, I will always typically get 1 buff and I feel like I am wasting CPs  rerolling two, three or four times.
      Anyway.. I'm geared well, and I've got my weapons pretty high - I feel like I am underachieving and looking for any assistance this community can lend.
      Thanks!
    • By Quentio
      Hey,
      I tried to collect information about roll the bones by reading and watching guides but i feel like there are so many details that are not mentioned. So it leads me to create this thread with all my recent questions that came to my mind while playing this spec. I would really appreciate it if someone who is more experienced than me in theorycrafting could reply.

1. Ill start with general questions when I go through my normal rotation
           with NO cooldowns activated.

- 1.1  I  heard that I want to reroll until I have 2 buffs active and
                  that no single buff is worth keeping in my normal rotation. Are there
                  exceptions? Do I want to reroll some buffs even if 2 are active? (Saw in    
                 a thread that you want to reroll Grand Meele)

- 1.2  I know there is no real difference if I cast Run Through at 5+ or 6 CP but       
                 does that change when the buff Broadsides is up? Do I want to cast Run
                 Through at 4+ CP to not waste 2 CP if the Pistol Shot procs? If not, does it
                 change when I ALSO have the buff Jolly Roger up because  more
                 pistol shot procs = more wasted CPs?

2. Following questions are about the OPENING sequence with Adrenaline and
          Artifact.

- 2.1 The Icy-Veins guide tells me to keep Shark Invested Waters or 2 buffs.
                 Other sources say that true bearing is also worth keeping because it resets
                 Adrenaline Rush, is it good to keep this buff aswell?

- 2.2 Are there exceptions aswell with the 2 buffs ? I feel like Broadsides, Jolly
                Roger and Buried Treasure are useless in the opener because of
                Adrenaline Rush and Artifact. Whats the benefit in rolling Broadsides +
                Jolly Roger ?

- 2.3 Do you always want  have the in 2.1 mentioned buffs up BEFORE you use
              your cooldowns even if u get unlucky and fish multiple times or do you just
              use CDs and fish while using them ? It doesnt really make a difference for
              me if I fish 4 times before CDs or 4 times in CDs except I have DMG trinkets
              or other DMG increases activated, right?

Okay these are all the things that bothered me while playing
      It would be awesome if you guys could discuss these questions with me !

Thanks,
      Quentio
    • By Brettakiss
      Hello all, so I am a loooong time returning rogue (TBC). So, needless to say, I know little to nothing about rogues anymore. I only leveled my rogue after each new pac, then ended up losing interest. Legion has my attention, I love it so far, and I would LOVE to start playing rogue again. I heard that outlaw was the way to go in regards to leveling, so I tried it, but the RNG kills me. I can't stand Roll the Bones. Sure, it adds "mystery", but I would rather be calculated than 'lucky'. 
      However, the main problem I have with Outlaw is the survivability. Of course, rogues are squishy. But with the play style that Outlaw lends itself toward, I feel that I shouldn't be near death after only 2 mobs (which has been the case, add in a third and I am dead). Now, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong - I have read all of Icy Veins tutorials and guides on rogues. But I am wondering if maybe I should switch to Assassin or Sub? do they have more control/survivability? 
      And numbers aside, do you guys like them? Are they FUN?
      Thanks all.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Yogg Thief Rogue Standard deck.