Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wumbology

New Mistweaver with Questions

2 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

Recently started mistweaving and I have a few questions regarding playstyle:

1. Glyph of Mana Tea, what are your opinions on the glyph and the appropriate times/gear levels to use it?
  2. AoE Healing: best practices? At the moment I just focus on maintaining RwM on as many targets as possible, spamming uplift, and keeping Chi Burst on CD. I also feel much more powerful when stacked.
  3. Fistweaving: I feel really, really underwhelming when FWing. Is this a gear issue?

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes time to respond.

Armory

Some Flex Logs

Glyph of Mana Tea, what are your opinions on the glyph and the appropriate times/gear levels to use it?

For pve raiding it is terrible in all situations and it should never be used.

AoE Healing: best practices? At the moment I just focus on maintaining RwM on as many targets as possible, spamming uplift, and keeping Chi Burst on CD. I also feel much more powerful when stacked.

This is pretty much it. Time Thunder focus tea to maximise the spread of ReM before the damage and the use uplifts with chi brew for massive burst.

If you spend a long time stacked eg norushen, the RJW can be very useful in aoe situations aswell.

Fistweaving: I feel really, really underwhelming when FWing. Is this a gear issue?

Fistweaving will not increase your hps unless there is heals available to snipe that an uplift would miss.

Fistweaving helps dps and provides less raw throughput than mistweaving.

From the logs you need to spend more chi and not sit on chi. You can use expel harm alot more to generate more tea but you must spend it. You have got a few periods of time during thok where you are at 4 chi for a long time.

Happy Killing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Plagueblade
      So currently our guild is progressing through all the available content as everyone else is, and on most attempts i come second or third on the healing charts, however i have started falling behind lately and i'm hoping that someone on this site can assist with bringing my heals back up.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Mongolish/simple
      Warcraft logs for last fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ycw3GVFdKDW76H41#type=healing

please if any other monks can recommend any changes or just something to help
    • By Moooooooon
      This is a link to my armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Ullo/simple
      These are the logs of my hc progress (sadly only nyth) where i greatly under performed: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/14698331/latest#metric=hps
      My rotation revolves around fist weaving and using as much thunder focus brews as i can, getting resets on Rising Sun Kick. My main healing spells are the 2 HOTs Enveloping mists and renewing mists, and i use my cooldowns when i see fit.
      As i realised though, i am not really performing well and i would really appreciate someone with a lot more experience than myself to help me. All help is welcome, i just want to get better! 
      Thanks!
    • By Tylerrickbaker
      I recently got an heroic Vial of Nightmare Fog 865 item level.
      and was wondering which of my current 3 trinkets are best for using then. With it I also have a Heightened Senses 850 item level with a prismatic socket, and a Horn of Cenarius 850 item level.
      My armory link is here if you need to make any further references.
      Thanks any and all for any help!
    • By Arcere
      Hello everyone!
      <Shadow> is a well-established, mythic raiding team on Argent Dawn EU, consisting of mature players that stands between hardcore raiding and having busy RL schedules. We achieve this by raising the bar on player standards, personal responsibility and accountability, resulting in us progressing through content in only two nights a week of raiding.
      In essence, we like to have it all; careers, studies, families, raiding progression and above all - Fun in our mutual hobby.
      During WoD the raiding team has finished HFC Heroic and started progression through Mythic - Clearing up to Mythic Xhul before the designated break, resulting in 10/13 Mythic bosses cleared in total. (WoWProgress)
      With Legion coming and our mythic team going strong, we are looking to jump directly into progression when the new raid tiers open - And it’s always more fun with more people!

We raid on the below days and times (all times are server time):
      - Thursday: 20:00 - 23:00
      - Sunday: 19:30 - 22:30

What we can offer you:
      - Organised, consistent, fun and successful raids.
      - Community feel and active website.
      - Capable and positive raid leader.
      - Organised, mature and well managed guild in the essence of fair play.

What we are looking for:
      - Mature players who are passionate about raiding.
      - Team players.
      - Players who have willingness and a desire to always improve.
      - Experienced players to jump straight into Mythic.

What we are currently recruiting:

- Mistweaver Monk
      - Resto Shaman
      - Holy Paladin

How to join up:
      You can apply via our website following the "Join Shadow" navigation link. Alternatively you can send in-game mail to Arcere to arrange a chat.

Thanks for reading!
    • By JaySnix
      Hey,
      i want to raid with my mistweaver monk. Up till now i only did mythic+ and my playstyle was mistweaving as mentioned in the Icy-Veins guide.
      As i was playing my healer , someone asked me how i can reserve all my mana if i face a boss in a raid but i couldn't give him an anwser and i was asking myself: " do I need to switch to fistweaving?". I don't like the thought of healing at the frontline , with blizzard cutting my visions since legion launch. So this introduction is leading to a specific question: Can i keep healing from behind? and if it is the case: how?
      Please help me , i am really enjoying monk as a healer!