FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wumbology

New Mistweaver with Questions

Hey all, 

Recently started mistweaving and I have a few questions regarding playstyle:

1. Glyph of Mana Tea, what are your opinions on the glyph and the appropriate times/gear levels to use it?
  2. AoE Healing: best practices? At the moment I just focus on maintaining RwM on as many targets as possible, spamming uplift, and keeping Chi Burst on CD. I also feel much more powerful when stacked.
  3. Fistweaving: I feel really, really underwhelming when FWing. Is this a gear issue?

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes time to respond.

Armory

Some Flex Logs

Glyph of Mana Tea, what are your opinions on the glyph and the appropriate times/gear levels to use it?

For pve raiding it is terrible in all situations and it should never be used.

AoE Healing: best practices? At the moment I just focus on maintaining RwM on as many targets as possible, spamming uplift, and keeping Chi Burst on CD. I also feel much more powerful when stacked.

This is pretty much it. Time Thunder focus tea to maximise the spread of ReM before the damage and the use uplifts with chi brew for massive burst.

If you spend a long time stacked eg norushen, the RJW can be very useful in aoe situations aswell.

Fistweaving: I feel really, really underwhelming when FWing. Is this a gear issue?

Fistweaving will not increase your hps unless there is heals available to snipe that an uplift would miss.

Fistweaving helps dps and provides less raw throughput than mistweaving.

From the logs you need to spend more chi and not sit on chi. You can use expel harm alot more to generate more tea but you must spend it. You have got a few periods of time during thok where you are at 4 chi for a long time.

Happy Killing

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By jonycm20
      Hi all. I have two questions:
      It might seem like a dumb question, but is there any stat cap for PvP MW monk? Priorities. I read somewhere that priority is: Intellect > Versatility > Haste >Crit Chance = Mastery. Am I wrong? Thanks

• By bradieboi
      Hi guys! 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/chamber-of-aspects/erthol   So this is my mistweaver monk here. Now I have actually managed to start raiding and do normals every week. However I have a huuuuge problem, specifically that my hps is really, really low. A good example I think would be this Aggramar fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jKcxbLXrQ9pknDva#fight=27&type=healing   You can see how the other monk had much higher hps than me. I do understand my leggos are subpar, but meh, bad luck one could say. What I don't understand is what I'm doing wrong. I try to use renewing mist on cd, use Vivify. I know I haven't used Effuse too much, but that's because I was trying out fistweawing. Anyways, all my other logs are basically the same. I have way too high overhealing as well. Any help would be great, because I'm lost, I love the monk, I love the style, but somehow can't get it to work as I would like it to. Please help meeeeee! Thanks for the feedback. 
    • By healionaire
      What stat %s should we aim for?
    • By weaverk
      Hi all, 
      here is the thing, my MW (Sitaki) and i are in a bad place - i have tried a lot of strategies, gearing etc but i do not really feel i 'get it' - i am oom quickly in fights (both my trinks are chosen for mana regen), and in general i do not feel good about my heals in raids (M+ is not my focus)
      Approach/rotation - to use vivify as my main spell, essence font either just before a movement phase when i cant heal, or when large number of the raid is missing health, enveloping mists on low tanks, followed by either artifact or vivify spam to get them up. i do have a bad habit to ignore artifact because of slow cast time, so i do hit 12 stacks quite often (and therefore waste some charges i know). i try to have a renewing mist running, but i could probably do better. i dont try fistweaving. i have noticed in fights where i can ignore tanks more, my heals and mana usage are generally better
      Legendaries - i have belt, legs, shoulders and tank chest i use belt and legs atm (because legs are supposed to be very strong and i need to use legs or shoulder slot for 4piece tier
      Consumables - crit food, int flask, prolonged power for pre-pot and channeled mana pot in fight
      Gearing -generally my plan is the 2 mana trinks,  use 2 legendaries and try to maintain 4-piece, switching  the others in desperation when i get depressed with my healing (i have a bagful of gear, and can change to re-align  stats if needed).
      Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/sitaki/advanced
      Logs - these are my latest, there are a lot more uploaded on warcraftlogs (my rotations on mythic wipes were done knowing we would wipe before i could oom! hc ones after should be good tho) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZFXHWRAkY3fcvKhN/
      TLDR: my MW makes me sad, help me love it again please, any further info needed please feel to ask ^^

Cheers, 
      Sitaki

---- Update
      just noticed i am wearing cloak with no ench/gem, its new - i would probably put int ench and a crit gem