Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LobbyBoy

Selfless Healer and Denounce

2 posts in this topic

Hi there.

As i have already mentioned in another post i started healing as pala a few days ago. Therefore i tried to collect any useful information about holy spec and found a 'feature' about ability_paladin_gaurdedbythelight.jpgSelfless Healer that makes me wonder how this works:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85804 shows that ability_paladin_gaurdedbythelight.jpgSelfless Healer can be modified by spell_holy_purifyingpower.jpgDenounce. But how? blink.png

Good question. I'm unsure what they mean by it. But playing around with the checkbox for Denounce and Holy Insight, it changes the description of Selfless Healer as follow:

Selfless Healer by itself:

Selfless Healer
Requires Paladin
Requires level 45

Your successful Judgments reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light by 35% per stack and improves its effectiveness by 20% per stack when used to heal others. Stacks up to 3 times.

Selfless Healer with Denounce checked:

Selfless Healer
Requires Paladin
Requires level 45 Your successful Judgments reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light, Divine Light, or Holy Radiance by 35% per stack and improves its effectiveness by 20% per stack when used to heal others. Stacks up to 3 times.

Selfless Healer with Holy Insight checked:

Selfless Healer
Requires Paladin
Requires level 45 Your successful Judgments generate a charge of Holy Power and reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light by 35% per stack and improves its effectiveness by 20% per stack when used to heal others. Stacks up to 3 times.

Selfless Healer with both Denounce and Holy Insight checked:

Selfless Healer
Requires Paladin
Requires level 45 Your successful Judgments generate a charge of Holy Power and reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light, Divine Light, or Holy Radiance by 35% per stack and improves its effectiveness by 20% per stack when used to heal others. Stacks up to 3 times.

By the looks of it, it appears that since Selfless Healer can be used with any Paladin Spec (Holy, Ret and Prot), the talent will be altered a bit. When using Selfess Healer in Retribution spec, the Selfless Healer talent won't be the cause of providing a charge of Holy Power with a successful Judgment. Also, by having Denounce, it means you are in a Holy Spec and will have the added spells of Divine Light and Holy Radiance. I don't think Denounce plays any factor with the Talent though.