FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lucivero

Ret Paladin lacking somewhere

I personally don't believe in DP for Galakras. Your success on that fight is practically entirely limited by a ~2 minute single target burn phase. While DP would obviously be required to rank on that fight, I would for now stick with SW and focus on just clearing efficiently until your entire group is stable and capable of zerging down most bosses.

Edited by AMonkeyCourier

I personally don't believe in DP for Galakras. Your success on that fight is practically entirely limited by a ~2 minute single target burn phase. While DP would obviously be required to rank on that fight, I would for now stick with SW and focus on just clearing efficiently until your entire group is stable and capable of zerging down most bosses.

We usually oneshot everything up till Siegecrafter so that's not a problem for us anyways, pushing over the mobs a little faster probably helps us more than pushing Galakras itself down a few seconds faster, we don't have any issues with that phase anyways.

Might of course be different depending on how your guild kills Galakras in the last phase, but we never had issues with not enough single target DPS in there.

• Like 1

From this chart, we can see your HoW vs AW uptime, and see just how tight your casts are...

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m4q2zFJNCGrtbXQ3#source=4&fight=25&type=damage-done&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24casts%240%240.0.0.Any%2495140326.0.0.Paladin%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2424275%5E0%24Main%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2495140326.0.0.Paladin%24false%2431884

Which proves they're not very.  I count 11 missed opportunities, just eyeballing it.  With proper planning, you should never need to miss a cast or cap HoPo, nevermind the fact that even if you DID waste the HoPo from it, it would still be fairly equal in damage.  (Avg damage is around the same as TV, but avg crit is higher.)

Tighten that up, and you'll see a moderately significant gain.

From this chart, we can see your HoW vs AW uptime, and see just how tight your casts are...

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m4q2zFJNCGrtbXQ3#source=4&fight=25&type=damage-done&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24casts%240%240.0.0.Any%2495140326.0.0.Paladin%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2424275%5E0%24Main%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2495140326.0.0.Paladin%24false%2431884

Which proves they're not very.  I count 11 missed opportunities, just eyeballing it.  With proper planning, you should never need to miss a cast or cap HoPo, nevermind the fact that even if you DID waste the HoPo from it, it would still be fairly equal in damage.  (Avg damage is around the same as TV, but avg crit is higher.)

Tighten that up, and you'll see a moderately significant gain.

So what you're basically saying is that if i'm at 5 HP and i can use HoW i should use it so i can then use TV while it's on cooldown to not waste a single HoW during AW?

If so, what would you suggest i'd do in situations where i have the 4 part proc + 5 HP up and HoW as well, would i then use HoW (1 HP wasted), 4 part proc, HoW (2 HP wasted), TV and then start the rotation again?

Might seem like an situation that you shouldn't be in too much but i tend to get procs when i'm on singletarget fights so it happens more often than not for me.

So what you're basically saying is that if i'm at 5 HP and i can use HoW i should use it so i can then use TV while it's on cooldown to not waste a single HoW during AW?

If so, what would you suggest i'd do in situations where i have the 4 part proc + 5 HP up and HoW as well, would i then use HoW (1 HP wasted), 4 part proc, HoW (2 HP wasted), TV and then start the rotation again?

Might seem like an situation that you shouldn't be in too much but i tend to get procs when i'm on singletarget fights so it happens more often than not for me.

That's a question better left for our resident Ret pros.  I just read the logs.

That's a question better left for our resident Ret pros.  I just read the logs.

Guess we'll have to wait then.

Would be a big DPS loss if i'm actually doing the wrong rotation during AW after all.

I may not be "pro," but I might have a solution.

Traditional priority, simplified, is TV@5>ES>HoW>CS>J>DSproc>Exo>TV@3.  So, if we narrow our options based on AW(SW) cd reductions, in a single-target fight you should always TV@5>ES>HoW>CS.  Assuming banked HP (which should be the case), you can actually achieve a rotation of HoW->CS->HoW->TV->repeat for the full 30 sec. duration.  If ES comes up, use it, but delay for 12 stacks from GoAK if possible.

Targets greater than 2 yield DS@5>LH>HoW>HotR>J>Exo>DS@3.  DSproc is superior to DS@5, but obviously overrides by using the proc first, so needs no separate priority.  Again narrowed for AW(SW), it boils down to DS@5>LW>HoW>HotR.  It's harder to build a "rotation" as the DSproc is weighed so heavily, so really just follow the prio to the best of your ability.

Obviously, in a multi-target fight, with the 4-piece, it is arguably better to roll DP for additional free DS, and glyph Exo to help fill HP as needed and maximize AOE.

Hope I'm not too far off base.

I may not be "pro," but I might have a solution.

Traditional priority, simplified, is TV@5>ES>HoW>CS>J>DSproc>Exo>TV@3.  So, if we narrow our options based on AW(SW) cd reductions, in a single-target fight you should always TV@5>ES>HoW>CS.  Assuming banked HP (which should be the case), you can actually achieve a rotation of HoW->CS->HoW->TV->repeat for the full 30 sec. duration.  If ES comes up, use it, but delay for 12 stacks from GoAK if possible.

Targets greater than 2 yield DS@5>LH>HoW>HotR>J>Exo>DS@3.  DSproc is superior to DS@5, but obviously overrides by using the proc first, so needs no separate priority.  Again narrowed for AW(SW), it boils down to DS@5>LW>HoW>HotR.  It's harder to build a "rotation" as the DSproc is weighed so heavily, so really just follow the prio to the best of your ability.

Obviously, in a multi-target fight, with the 4-piece, it is arguably better to roll DP for additional free DS, and glyph Exo to help fill HP as needed and maximize AOE.

Hope I'm not too far off base.

Exactly. When you first use AW, you should theoretically have 0 HP. Even if procs start to happen, you should always use HoW every other spell and may have 4 HP pooled. If more procs occur and you have 5 HP, then you may use something like HoW to 5 HP, TV, HoW, TV to clear all HP back to 0. 

It appears you are worrying about filling your HP to 5 rather than knowing you can just use TV to release HP at 3.

• Like 2

To be fair, if I'm banked, I'll pop TV->HoW->TV->HoW->CS->HoW->TV->rotation.  I neglected to include that.  Thanks.  The first use of AW should figure into the opener, which has it's own rhythm, and yes, has you at zero HP instead of two banked.  I also did not mention Inq priority in the example, because one should be delaying for HP and casting outside the buff, rather than wasting HP inside the buff.  Small details.  tongue.png

Edited by Moozedruul

Exactly. When you first use AW, you should theoretically have 0 HP. Even if procs start to happen, you should always use HoW every other spell and may have 4 HP pooled. If more procs occur and you have 5 HP, then you may use something like HoW to 5 HP, TV, HoW, TV to clear all HP back to 0. 

It appears you are worrying about filling your HP to 5 rather than knowing you can just use TV to release HP at 3.

Guess i was doing that wrong then, but i'm not necesairly worrying about filling to 5 HP, i was more worried about what if i keep getting procs even when i've already gotten that many procs that i'm HP capped at that point, but i guess it's best to just continue HoW'ing and using the procs as fillers even if that means 'wasting' HP.

Other than that i've got a few last questions:

What would be the priority of HP generators during AW? (As fillers between the HoW uses.)

What would be the priority of spells when AW isn't up? 

I think i read something about the priority changing while Strenght procs are up, how would this affect my rotation?

A lot of questions but i'm trying to work towards 'perfecting' my rotation at some point smile.png

Offtopic:

I heard you are really good at making WA strings, do you happen to know if it's possible to make a health bar that updates in real time and shows incoming heals / shields?

I tried making something like that yesterday minus the heals / shields in the most basic way possible, but the health was updating really slow, tested it multiple times with falldamage and it took 1-2 seconds for the healthbar to drop down to the current %, which makes it useless to use for raiding.

Edit: 

Just thought of one last thing (really this time), during AoE rotation, is it better to use judgement to generate HP when below 5 HP or DS if it's procced at the same time (might be different depending on wheter it is a DP proc or a 4p proc?)

Edited by Lucivero
  • Like 1

I think this thread is getting too hypothetical.

If you are in progress raiding you will never have the opportunity to follow a perfect rotation. But right then it's most important to do the best dmg you can. So i think giving advises on rotations and not on priorities or concepts isn't really the right way.

If you can kill a boss in comfort not worrying about other raid members or even about fight mechanics then we can talk about doing a fixed rotation - but at this point we can do it on a dummy just as well.

jm2c ...

I think this thread is getting too hypothetical.

If you are in progress raiding you will never have the opportunity to follow a perfect rotation. But right then it's most important to do the best dmg you can. So i think giving advises on rotations and not on priorities or concepts isn't really the right way.

If you can kill a boss in comfort not worrying about other raid members or even about fight mechanics then we can talk about doing a fixed rotation - but at this point we can do it on a dummy just as well.

jm2c ...

Obviously i'm not gonna follow a set rotation on progress bosses, but it's not like all i do is fight progress bosses, maybe 10% of my raiding is on those bosses.

I just want to push my DPS as far as possible on the other bosses as well, and that's why i asked for the optimal rotations, so i can get everything running around that rotation.

If i'm currently using wrong rotations and i don't get an answer on my questions i won't know this and i'll keep doing less DPS than i should, and the whole point of this thread is to push my DPS further on all types of fights.

I appreciate your help so far but if you're basically gonna say that there's no point in answering my questions you might as well not have replied because you're not helping with that ;)

Oh, and I think I'm that WA guy you're referring to!

Unfortunately, WAs usually aren't very good for updating super fast, such as with health bars.  The best I could do is try to create an aura that updates every frame, but you'd still see 250-400ms difference from using a real health bar addon, and adding predictive healing gets a little bit messy (having to do specific API calls, or reading for each Absorb-type aura.).  Have you tried anything else, like using Shadowed Unit Frames, and just disabling the UI elements you don't like?

If you're still interested in the fastest updating element I can make, I'll build a prototype health bar tonight and we'll see where it gets us.

• Like 1

Please don't get me wrong. I didn't say that there is no purpose in your question. But i think that giving advices like 'hit 1-2-3' are not as useful as trying to explain mechanics or giving hints on some conspicuous points in logs. Usually i wouldn't dare to make some advices like 'you have to hit 1-2-3' because i never know the circumstances.

As for me i'm trying to overcome with heal spec the last few weeks. I was realy thankful about Geodas 'recipe' but i have tried to find my own answers as well and it feels like i'm going to get deeper into healing spec in this way.

Asking for advice is a important first step but simulations and trial and error will lead you to your personal goal.

I belief that a general insight about your abilities and how to use it is much harder to achieve but is much more promesing in the end - even if you just want to max your DPS (btw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxz2yKixDNc wink.png )

Oh, and I think I'm that WA guy you're referring to!

Unfortunately, WAs usually aren't very good for updating super fast, such as with health bars.  The best I could do is try to create an aura that updates every frame, but you'd still see 250-400ms difference from using a real health bar addon, and adding predictive healing gets a little bit messy (having to do specific API calls, or reading for each Absorb-type aura.).  Have you tried anything else, like using Shadowed Unit Frames, and just disabling the UI elements you don't like?

If you're still interested in the fastest updating element I can make, I'll build a prototype health bar tonight and we'll see where it gets us.

Oops, my bad, it was either Geoda or you haha!

But anything less than real time isn't any good for raiding so i guess i'll just have to download something like SUF then, i prefer doing as much as possible in WA so i can easily backup the strings, but a few exceptions wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the offer to make a prototype though!

Please don't get me wrong. I didn't say that there is no purpose in your question. But i think that giving advices like 'hit 1-2-3' are not as useful as trying to explain mechanics or giving hints on some conspicuous points in logs. Usually i wouldn't dare to make some advices like 'you have to hit 1-2-3' because i never know the circumstances.

As for me i'm trying to overcome with heal spec the last few weeks. I was realy thankful about Geodas 'recipe' but i have tried to find my own answers as well and it feels like i'm going to get deeper into healing spec in this way.

Asking for advice is a important first step but simulations and trial and error will lead you to your personal goal.

I belief that a general insight about your abilities and how to use it is much harder to achieve but is much more promesing in the end - even if you just want to max your DPS (btw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxz2yKixDNc wink.png )

I don't want someone to tell me exactly what to do, that's not what i meant anyways, i'm just looking for the theoretical best rotation on single / multitarget so that i can start working on adjusting those to fit different fights the best way.

I'd rather figure it all out by myself but i've got a bad habit where i either spend 1 / 2 days on nothing but figuring stuff like this out, or i don't feel like doing it weeks on end dry.png

And currently i'm in the latter phase haha.

I think i read something about the priority changing while Strenght procs are up, how would this affect my rotation?

Correct, when you have one or 2 str procs up judge becomes top in priority, especially during your burst.

• Like 1

Offtopic:

I heard you are really good at making WA strings, do you happen to know if it's possible to make a health bar that updates in real time and shows incoming heals / shields?

I tried making something like that yesterday minus the heals / shields in the most basic way possible, but the health was updating really slow, tested it multiple times with falldamage and it took 1-2 seconds for the healthbar to drop down to the current %, which makes it useless to use for raiding.

Like Hybrys said, he's your guy. I don't know of a way for WA's to do this, but I suggest you getting some type of healing raid frames like Vuhdo, Healbot or Grid. Built into these add-ons show incoming heals and absorbs. I'm sure you can motify it to only show your health as well. I can play around with it when I have a little more free time.

WA Super-Reactive HP Bar (PoC)

dmuViaGiq6suIYOOkofLQzPkQBbi2fe6xQIyyeYXaulJs4zekMMkQRbiTniOVrImovHZrv6EGW(iu5GuIKfsc6HeknrkrQlQksBecmssOtQcYkLQxQcWmvb6MQq2je1pjbgkLiSukr0tHAQukxfImxkr1EL8xq0GfhMOftI6XanzaUSsBMQ6ZQiJwvDAv61QqnBQCBsA3K63GA4eSCkEoKMUIRlLTtOQVRcQXRkDEkP1RcO9JUaUSvy1cdOWakBf(vb((O7uiaiNbQxGFCgHaRKfEbwjLqOOYhiNpxyWg6aRABFNc730GZfw7Xo7mmmmoyqPJbSzmRE(cmqWGK(okUs389avWjTUgO2zNHHHXbdkDmQY3VademiPVJIR0n)JKVEGk4Kwxdu7SZWWWWodddd7mmmmSZWWWC9zaBgZQNVaJ4y861lZ8xn7mmmmmmmmGnJz1ZxGbcgv58r03bdB8a2mMvpFHNaSirISZGiImqpgk7mmmmRga7mmmmSZWWWWodddZ1Nrv((fyehJxVEzM)QzNHHHHHHHrv((fyGGrvoFe9DWWgpQY3VWtawKir2zqergOhdLDgggMvdGDgggg2zyyym70mAgWMXS65l8mJQ89l8mZyA7Zm(sh6Y(QbWo7SZEHTQaFF0DkeaKhw41cXigekgrpeHqraJqrLpqoRuH9H1dcCYtOfwbiz7Ghc5Nw4XCpDAnLTcJc3mGBtFNcl4KwxtHb0mY5cRl8zGwyWg6aRc5)cylmydDGvlmQW6Cilv3cl2)LrHM9WfESkSfgSHoWQfgTP8k(vp4MV)9TWqkwlf2gKyKeRyFkgx4MEf)QNcpx1fqHbBOdSkKJvHTWOJCAOfEf)QNclwyvLLdZbHpvyWg6aRIhj4XOfMD2lmydDGvT0nJCUW6c730GZfw7Xo7mmmmoyqPJbSzmRE(cmqWGK(okUs389avWjTUgO2zNHHHXbdkDmQY3VademiPVJIR0n)JKVEGk4Kwxdu7SZWWWWodddJzNMrZa2mMvpFHNzuLVFHNzgtBFMXx6qx2xnGcd2qhyvKLQBH9BAW5cR9yNDgggghmO0XOkF)cmqWGK(okUs38ps(6bQGtADnqTZodddd7mmmmxFgv57xGrCmE96Lz(RMDggggggggv57xGbcgv58r03bdB8OkF)cpbyrIezNbrezGEmu2zyyywna2zyyyyNHHHXStZOzuLVFb2xnGcd2qhy1c730GZfw7Xo7mmmmoyqPJbSzmRE(cmqWGK(okUs389avWjTUgO2zNHHHXbdkDmQY3VademiPVJIR0n)JKVEGk4Kwxdu7SZWWWWodddZ1NbSzmRE(cmIJreZ8xn7mmmmmmmmMDAgnZyAl7mmmmRdDzNHHHHHHHXStZOz8Lo0LDgggMvdG9vdGD2zN9c3qxirHBgWTPVtPWcd(xWJlCtaGC2c3qxirfwNdzP6wkSMclBdCPCHbCrfCsR2235GR)uyldSW)9E6pfcE8qmIusKxVwaSsNT4X5hLpqoRuHDWsaLTcBGDBzRWQn3ClB1utHBOlK6v8RPuUWJ0T6Pq2BHBOlKJ0T6PuUWGojkAzRWOx9j3w4JuaYhqHvBU5w2k8rka5dOuyn1utHVGW6s5cRBQ2m3tNwdAHmWf2SNUWABwf2clBgPYstHrhj4XOLYf(ccRHe9cyl8bFkcSv4lGcROLGrHstHNR6AW3dClKTaOfgWfvWjTABFhl590FkmJLPlSeaG7CH1shKJ5E60AqlB1u4dFbm)cbpEC(HOZI5Hsw8qPha1RfLpqod0cp77GVh4wiBbqlCtpM7PtRPSvyWg6aRwy)MgCUWAp2zNHHHXbdkDmGnJz1ZxGbcgK03rXv6MVhOcoP11a1o7mmmmoyqPJrv((fyGGbj9DuCLU5FK81dubN06AGANDgggg2zyyyU(mGnJz1ZxGrCmIyM)QzNHHHHHHHXStZOz8Lo0LDgggM1HUSZWWWWWWWy2Pz0mJPTSZWWWSAaSVAa1uyaxubN06HaH1f(q6zn(sW1YpeiSg1YLkFD3XkKQW6JHe8Fv2ShUMcJwylqueIkvyXxid8zGfvtv

Working on the predictive healing coding tomorrow night.

• Like 1

WA Super-Reactive HP Bar (PoC)

dmuViaGiq6suIYOOkofLQzPkQBbi2fe6xQIyyeYXaulJs4zekMMkQRbiTniOVrImovHZrv6EGW(iu5GuIKfsc6HeknrkrQlQksBecmssOtQcYkLQxQcWmvb6MQq2je1pjbgkLiSukr0tHAQukxfImxkr1EL8xq0GfhMOftI6XanzaUSsBMQ6ZQiJwvDAv61QqnBQCBsA3K63GA4eSCkEoKMUIRlLTtOQVRcQXRkDEkP1RcO9JUaUSvy1cdOWakBf(vb((O7uiaiNbQxGFCgHaRKfEbwjLqOOYhiNpxyWg6aRABFNc730GZfw7Xo7mmmmoyqPJbSzmRE(cmqWGK(okUs389avWjTUgO2zNHHHXbdkDmQY3VademiPVJIR0n)JKVEGk4Kwxdu7SZWWWWodddd7mmmmSZWWWC9zaBgZQNVaJ4y861lZ8xn7mmmmmmmmGnJz1ZxGbcgv58r03bdB8a2mMvpFHNaSirISZGiImqpgk7mmmmRga7mmmmSZWWWWodddZ1Nrv((fyehJxVEzM)QzNHHHHHHHrv((fyGGrvoFe9DWWgpQY3VWtawKir2zqergOhdLDgggMvdGDgggg2zyyym70mAgWMXS65l8mJQ89l8mZyA7Zm(sh6Y(QbWo7SZEHTQaFF0DkeaKhw41cXigekgrpeHqraJqrLpqoRuH9H1dcCYtOfwbiz7Ghc5Nw4XCpDAnLTcJc3mGBtFNcl4KwxtHb0mY5cRl8zGwyWg6aRc5)cylmydDGvlmQW6Cilv3cl2)LrHM9WfESkSfgSHoWQfgTP8k(vp4MV)9TWqkwlf2gKyKeRyFkgx4MEf)QNcpx1fqHbBOdSkKJvHTWOJCAOfEf)QNclwyvLLdZbHpvyWg6aRIhj4XOfMD2lmydDGvT0nJCUW6c730GZfw7Xo7mmmmoyqPJbSzmRE(cmqWGK(okUs389avWjTUgO2zNHHHXbdkDmQY3VademiPVJIR0n)JKVEGk4Kwxdu7SZWWWWodddJzNMrZa2mMvpFHNzuLVFHNzgtBFMXx6qx2xnGcd2qhyvKLQBH9BAW5cR9yNDgggghmO0XOkF)cmqWGK(okUs38ps(6bQGtADnqTZodddd7mmmmxFgv57xGrCmE96Lz(RMDggggggggv57xGbcgv58r03bdB8OkF)cpbyrIezNbrezGEmu2zyyywna2zyyyyNHHHXStZOzuLVFb2xnGcd2qhy1c730GZfw7Xo7mmmmoyqPJbSzmRE(cmqWGK(okUs389avWjTUgO2zNHHHXbdkDmQY3VademiPVJIR0n)JKVEGk4Kwxdu7SZWWWWodddZ1NbSzmRE(cmIJreZ8xn7mmmmmmmmMDAgnZyAl7mmmmRdDzNHHHHHHHXStZOz8Lo0LDgggMvdG9vdGD2zN9c3qxirHBgWTPVtPWcd(xWJlCtaGC2c3qxirfwNdzP6wkSMclBdCPCHbCrfCsR2235GR)uyldSW)9E6pfcE8qmIusKxVwaSsNT4X5hLpqoRuHDWsaLTcBGDBzRWQn3ClB1utHBOlK6v8RPuUWJ0T6Pq2BHBOlKJ0T6PuUWGojkAzRWOx9j3w4JuaYhqHvBU5w2k8rka5dOuyn1utHVGW6s5cRBQ2m3tNwdAHmWf2SNUWABwf2clBgPYstHrhj4XOLYf(ccRHe9cyl8bFkcSv4lGcROLGrHstHNR6AW3dClKTaOfgWfvWjTABFhl590FkmJLPlSeaG7CH1shKJ5E60AqlB1u4dFbm)cbpEC(HOZI5Hsw8qPha1RfLpqod0cp77GVh4wiBbqlCtpM7PtRPSvyWg6aRwy)MgCUWAp2zNHHHXbdkDmGnJz1ZxGbcgK03rXv6MVhOcoP11a1o7mmmmoyqPJrv((fyGGbj9DuCLU5FK81dubN06AGANDgggg2zyyyU(mGnJz1ZxGrCmIyM)QzNHHHHHHHXStZOz8Lo0LDgggM1HUSZWWWWWWWy2Pz0mJPTSZWWWSAaSVAa1uyaxubN06HaH1f(q6zn(sW1YpeiSg1YLkFD3XkKQW6JHe8Fv2ShUMcJwylqueIkvyXxid8zGfvtv

Working on the predictive healing coding tomorrow night.

Great work so far, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing and without any noticeable delays!

New PoC with gradient coloration from green to red based on HP

Edit: Which doesn't work.  /sadface

Any nerds want to help me for why this doesn't work for the gradient animation?

function()

local maxhpani = UnitHealthMax("player")
    local currenthpani = UnitHealth("player")
    local percentageani = (currenthpani/maxhpani)

local a1 = 100
    local b1 = 0

local r1 = 0
    local g1 = 255

local r2 = 255
    local g2 = 0

local rfin = r2 + (percentageani * (r1-r2))
    local gfin = g2 + (percentageani * (g1-g2))

return rfin, gfin, b1, a1
end

The only rule I must follow is return = r, g, b, a

And I know I could reduce percentageani to = UnitHealth("player")/UnitHealthMax("player"), but I was originally using that third line to round it to 0.00 to see if that would fix my issue.
  • Like 1

Perhaps you need the values to be returned as integers, due to the nature of RGB? (I don't know much about coding, most of my coding has been spent fixing logical statements and algorithms, not learning how everything works).

I also wonder the importance of your declaring r1/r2/g1/g2, since you can replace the rfin formula to simply be (1-percentageani)*255, and percentageani*255 for gfin, bringing the whole thing down to:

function()
    local maxhpani = UnitHealthMax("player")
    local currenthpani = UnitHealth("player")
    local percentageani = (currenthpani/maxhpani)
    local rfin = (1-percentageani) * 255
    local gfin = percentageani * 255

return rfin, gfin, 0, 100

end

Again though, I don't know much about blizzard functions, and havent coded in a while
  • Like 1

See, and I thought that you were right, so I was doing that rounding mechanic to the result, that's why I have multiples of most variables.  But that didn't work either.

I'll try it another way based on your simplification suggestion.

• Like 1

:P I'm betting I was of no use! Also perhaps you'll even have to remove the last two decimals too >.< I don't remember the formulas of the language, but I think there's a mod formula you could use? like gfin = gfin - (gfin mod 1), where mod gives you the remainder of a division, so anything in the decimals since it was mod 1? I could just be thinking of this simplified language I had used for minor programming stuff called Turing.

• Like 1