FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Recklessfear

Post your UI!

I'm thinking of doing a complete re-do of mine. However currently I'm not sure what to do. So let me see your UIs, for inspiration. 

Also because I just like seeing people's UI.

sClLoQ5.jpg

When playing Affliction and Demonology, AffDots goes in the middle above the cast and resource bars, with meta gem and set bonus buffs to the side.

No affdots used for destruction due to preference in reducing screen clutter. No need for that spec anyway to be quite honest.

FvDM4Ll.jpg

Edited by Liquidsteel

Elvui + Others.

I was using my own Weak Aura strings but when I saw Sparkz TMW strings I liked it so modded it a touch.

23w5rsy.jpg

Edited by Hybrex

Here's my current UI, seems to never get satisfied. Feel free to poke me if you got any tips! Also my WA's is FFA, just /poke.

25M.

ZDCPSo5.jpg

All my WA's (Changed position of my target frames etc)

LVzoCB5.jpg

Solo layout.

IT6jpKv.jpg

Edited by Eljin

It's SexyCooldown 2. :-)

And i don't usually use Dark Bargain, it's just so easy to forget it on farm raids and it sometimes saves my life when our disc priest decides that gripping me into shit is quite enjoyable. Thanks for reminding me tho, had to log back on just to change it.

Edited by Eljin

Probably going to have to find a way to make my UI more lightweight; some of the WAs get in the way a bit.

0a7844c19a.jpg

Probably going to have to find a way to make my UI more lightweight; some of the WAs get in the way a bit.

Shrink your WAs, and shrink your bars. Also shrink your unit frames. 

Edit: Here's mine for Destro:

XFC1Xs1.jpg

And for Demo I change out the Embers for DF counter and the little meta CD timer.

eJiW8Cb.jpg

Raid frames go in the open area at the bottom center.  The top of them is even with the tops of my target and player unit frames. In 25 man, they stretch to not quite the bottome of the screen. In 10-man, the two rows are about as tall as the target frame with the row of debuffs on the left.

Just throwing random stuff at dummy to show combat. I like to keep my HuD as clean as possible... until I start hitting stuff. Then, I like all the numbers to look like I'm doing something.ZAQMASq.jpg

@Hymmnos

Without meaning any offence, I think your UI could be improved massively.

All that scrolling combat text is just useless information and is taking up a bunch of your screen. You're kinda walling off that area of your screen.

You also aren't tracking trinkets/cooldowns as far as I can see, and your affdots/cast bar is nowhere near you character.

I'd advise a few things:

• Get rid of scrolling combat text as it does not provide useful information and can distract you
  • Get WeakAuras and start tracking your trinkets and cooldowns, both procs and ICD's
  • Move your affdots, castbar, and unit frames (yourself and target) to the lower-middle of your screen, below your character's feet. Currently you have everything spread to the 4 corners of your screen.
  • Clean up your action bars. You have a huge block of action bars running vertically. If a mob spawned in that area and you tried to DoT it you'd probably end up attempting to summon a Wrathguard, missclick your potion, or incur the wrath of a Shan'ze Mogu Ritualist upon your raid group.

Edit: For reference, here's my current UI having tweaked a few things, namely hiding my action bars and creating a few extra weak auras. Stuff I need to add is cooldown Weakauras for my defensive abilities, and I really should disable ElvUi DoT timers, but it's a hard habit to knock after 2 years.

4yrMyM4.jpg

Edited by Liquidsteel

Thanks for the tips. I'm always open to suggestions. I downloaded weak auras once and I had no idea what I was even doing with it so I deleted it. However, I'm sure there's some guides out there on how to do stuff... anything I should search for in particular? Also, what do you do regarding floating combat text? Just remove it all? What addons do you suggest that are major?

Edited by Hymmnos

There's a thread on MMO Champion where I stole all my initial weakauras from, as well as nabbing a few from Xyronic who I was watching stream one day.

From there I modified them to suit my needs, as well as duplicating them and changing the spell triggers to create new auras for anything else.

People in my guild think I'm this god at weakauras, when really 9 times out of 10 I'll google what they want and slap a sound effect on it or something. Quite funny really.