FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sikkz

Brain Freeze WoD Beta

A big change with frost mages in the WoD alpha/beta was the fact that our Brain Freeze is no longer instant cast, and was changed to to be a ~2.5 second cast.  However, in the latest build that was just posted on MMO-Champion, I noticed this under frost updates: 

• Brain Freeze Your Frostbolts have a 60% chance to cause the Brain Freeze effect. Each multistrike increases that cast's chance by an additional 45%. The Brain Freeze effect causes your next Frostfire Bolt to cost no mana, be instant cast, deal 60% additional damage, and act as if your target were frozen. Mage - Frost Spec.

Did they change their minds? Is it instant cast again?  Maybe just an error in the tooltip?  Wanted to get some feedback from those of you who are in beta and if you could confirm/deny this change?

Edit: Got in touch with a friend of mine who's in beta and he confirmed that this change is implemented.  Brain Freeze FFB is back to being instant cast! Let's just hope it stays that way:)

Edited by Sikkz

A big change with frost mages in the WoD alpha/beta was the fact that our Brain Freeze is no longer instant cast, and was changed to to be a ~2.5 second cast.  However, in the latest build that was just posted on MMO-Champion, I noticed this under frost updates: 

• Brain Freeze Your Frostbolts have a 60% chance to cause the Brain Freeze effect. Each multistrike increases that cast's chance by an additional 45%. The Brain Freeze effect causes your next Frostfire Bolt to cost no mana, be instant cast, deal 60% additional damage, and act as if your target were frozen. Mage - Frost Spec.

Did they change their minds? Is it instant cast again?  Maybe just an error in the tooltip?  Wanted to get some feedback from those of you who are in beta and if you could confirm/deny this change?

Edit: Got in touch with a friend of mine who's in beta and he confirmed that this change is implemented.  Brain Freeze FFB is back to being instant cast! Let's just hope it stays that way:)

Oh YESS.

I am very happy for this change. :)

The reason behind it is... I don't know. :) There are several possibilities.

Too many negative feedbacks (I'm not thinking of "ahh casting ffb sucks omg blizz I unsub"), but rather the "Having FFB on a very long cooldown, slowed frosts's rotation down considerably and the spec became really dull." Which, I think, it indeed became dull. It was also a considerable nerf to pvp where you simply cannot afford to stand still for 2,5 seconds and cast FFB. So it just became a "pruned" spell.

That's all I can think of.

I wonder if this buff has anything to do with DF nerf. Probably yes.

If the deep nerf makes into WoD, then BF-FFB might remain instant. Though I seriously doubt that deep freeze will hold as it is.

Current use of DF is twofold, sometimes control, sometimes damage (or both). With the nerf, the long cd, the FoF (if you want instant) and the global cost it barely works for control as any cleave will break it and the price is just too high. From how I see it, FJ looks more appealing now than DF.

I'd much rather have a short cast BF-FFB and suck it up than seeing DF gutted this way.

The interesting thing is that they increased the damage of brain freeze by A LOT to compensate for it having such a long cast time.  But now they have changed it back to being instant cast but still kept the damage increase.  *Breathing intensifies*.

PLEASE DEAR GOD BLIZZARD KEEP BRAIN FREEZE THIS WAY <3

I think that will be balanced out. 
Personally I want our DPET's to be the following:
Brain Freeze highest
Ice Lance following
Frostbolt last

Basically just as it is now....
DON'T FIX SOMETHING THAT ISN'T BROKEN!