FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gahhda

The Help SIMC Thread

I've been working feverishly over the past few days on the simc warlock core with eein. We've got the basic mechanics for each spec functioning. In the process of adding level 100 talents. At this point I REALLY need logs to start comparing stuff too.

Check back here often, I'll be continuously updating these lists! Objects in bold are REALLY important.

Anyone that wants to, go hit up the Killable Damage Dummy. Record the full duration of the kill, and post your log here. All warlock specs are welcome, the more logs the better.

PLEASE USE ADVANCED COMBAT LOG - "You'll want to turn on Advanced Logging which can be found by going into your main settings by hitting Escape.  Select System and then Network.  There should be an option that is unchecked called "Advanced Logging."  Select this and then close the menu. " - Zagam

Warcraftlogs is preferable.

For the purposes of the first round of logs, in an effort to create a clean room environment, the following is required:

• A Level 100 character
  • Use the 660 pvp vendor gear
  • Get raid buffs from the cauldron - this is what the Cauldron looks like: LINK
  • No level 100 talents (Charred remains works for destro, but only it.)
  • A pet grimoire (I'm 100% sure GoSac is working, and there are issues with pets right now in simc)
  • No gear related procs (trinkets, enchants, w/e)
  • If you used default premade gear, I don't need a list. If you changed ANY piece of gear from the default premade gear, I need a list of your gear.
  • Which race you used for the test

Again, these logs are just to get a baseline of how functional the sim is, once I flush out the obvious major issues, we can get on to adding the new stuff (100 talents etc).

I'd also like a few specialized logs to get a TRUE BASELINE:

• Affliction - No execute, log must stop before 20%. With AND without haunt, individually of course.
  • Demonology - No dark soul.

Things you can do to help that aren't related to parsing:

• Some key fire and brimstone data is missing. I need to know if GoSac crit bonus effects it. I also need to know how it interacts with charred remains.

Edited by gahhda

Zag and I have been working on these questions since Alpha. Problem is that blizz has broken the combat log on their end and there is nothing we can do on our end to fix it. So most of these questions are only semi-answerable.

Personally, I've stopped trying to find perfect answers for these issues until the log is fixed. If I'm going to get answers, I want proof and not just half assed guesses. 

I can however answer #4. Snap shotting is gone. Every tick is calculated at the time of ticking. I have found nothing to change this. In meta things ticked harder, out of meta things ticked softer. WHAT was ticking and for how much I'm not sure since I don't have a combat log, all I see are numbers bouncing off my target.

Thank you for working on SimC, with WoD and the removal of snap shotting we should get MUCH better models for warlocks then were before possible. 

Don't feel bad about not having beta yet, other then question and being sad at how much has still to be done, there isn't much to do in the beta.

They have confirmed that spells cast in Meta will benefit from Meta mastery.

Doom will always benefit from meta mastery, and likewise Corruption will not. Similarly meta weaving for ShadowFlame will be gone ad HoG is cast in caster form.

I'm guessing they haven't fixed this in the Beta build yet, but there was a blue post which outlined the above as true.

They have confirmed that spells cast in Meta will benefit from Meta mastery.

Doom will always benefit from meta mastery, and likewise Corruption will not. Similarly meta weaving for ShadowFlame will be gone ad HoG is cast in caster form.

I'm guessing they haven't fixed this in the Beta build yet, but there was a blue post which outlined the above as true.

What of corruption refreshed via ToC though, because ToC actually resnapshots (or previous to WoD it did), would it hold the benefit of meta mastery for the duration of the corruption? A link to the post would be really helpful, assuming you can find it.

Edited by gahhda

Originally Posted by Celestalon
Though it's certainly up for debate, and we'll reevaluate based on feedback, we're going to go with this for now: Meta is snapshot. Corruption would never benefit from Meta, since it's always cast outside of Meta. Doom would always benefit from Meta, since it's always cast in Meta.

Meta should also not affect the Hand of Gul'dan explosion/DoT, since you were in caster form when you cast them.

New one: Does grimoire of sacrifice still apply a dot for chaos bolt, or is it a literal modifier to the direct damage?

New one: Does grimoire of sacrifice still apply a dot for chaos bolt, or is it a literal modifier to the direct damage?

No DoTs are being applied. It's just a 35% crit buff now. I haven't found anything that says WHAT is gaining crit so I'm not sure, I would assume it's the same spells as now but I have no proof. I'll edit in a few min when I check to see if CB is one of the ones.

Originally Posted by Celestalon
Though it's certainly up for debate, and we'll reevaluate based on feedback, we're going to go with this for now: Meta is snapshot. Corruption would never benefit from Meta, since it's always cast outside of Meta. Doom would always benefit from Meta, since it's always cast in Meta.

Meta should also not affect the Hand of Gul'dan explosion/DoT, since you were in caster form when you cast them.

Guessing this either isn't in the beta yet, I could have just not been seeing it right as I wasn't paying a lot of attention, there is so much missing from the beta that I wouldn't be shocked if it just wasn't there yet. Thank you for finding this either way.

Command Demon was only put in this last build, still waiting on Twilight Ward even though we have a glyph for it still.

AT LVL 100, no GoSac CB was hitting for 644,9xx on a lvl 85 dummy. With GoSac it was hitting for 747,8xx. GoSac reads as 35% crit.

No DoTs are being applied. It's just a 35% crit buff now. I haven't found anything that says WHAT is gaining crit so I'm not sure, I would assume it's the same spells as now but I have no proof. I'll edit in a few min when I check to see if CB is one of the ones.

That is the next thing I need answered. I need someone with a beta account to post in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087818929?page=11 asking:

"Is intended that the spell data shows grimoire of sacrifice's crit chance increase modifying fire and brimstone versions of incinerate and conflagrate."

The full list is:

effect 3 - drain soul

effect 5 - shadowburn, conflag, incinerate, chaos bolt, fnb incinerate, fnb conflag

effect 6 - haunt

effect 10/11 - drain soul/harvest life

effect 12 - chaos bolt dot

If you want to figure out how to use git and pull the wod branch of simc you can use spell queries to figure that out tongue.png.

Edited by gahhda

Checked the demo GoSac crit for you, our pets dont have a listing of their crit/ap/sp/etc so I can't tell without logs what the likely modifier is.

15 casts of Incinerate on 4 lvl 85 target dummies w/ 15% base crit and GoSac 35% I saw 7 non crits.

15*4=60 hits - 7 = 53 crits.

Roughly the same results on lvl 103 target dummies. It was kind of hard to tell because I kept getting a shitload of multi strike procs.

Btw, Charred Remains ONLY gives extra ember off of the MAIN Incinerate when you're in F&B. You don't get 300% embers for each one.

15 casts of Incinerate on 4 lvl 85 target dummies w/ 15% base crit and GoSac 35% I saw 7 non crits.

Roughly the same results on lvl 103 target dummies. It was kind of hard to tell because I kept getting a shitload of multi strike procs.

Btw, Charred Remains ONLY gives extra ember off of the MAIN Incinerate when you're in F&B. You don't get 300% embers for each one.

I'm not very concerned about FnB mechanics as of yet, the GoSac crit chance interests me from a developement standpoint. I mostly just want to make sure we absolutely have a 100% working ST sim. Most of the aoe/cleave stuff is just common sense, mastery goes up in value, small aoe crit goes above haste, big aoe haste above crit, etc etc.

Its very clear in the spell data that FnB conflag/incinerate are being modified by the flat crit chance aura of effect 5 on grimoire of sacrifice. They have unique ids separate from normal conflag/incinerate, so its very easy to tell them apart.

Edited by gahhda

I need someone to do a really important test for me.

Spec demo.

Dismiss your pet.

Get naked.

Go to any dummy.

Apply corruption.

Observe the damage it does.

Enter meta, ToC once, observe the damage.

I'm trying to determine if ToC no longer resnapshots corruption, but REALLY DOES just extend its duration. Celestalon was vague with his response to meta dot interaction.

Ticks for 260 when out of meta, naked, no pet, raid buffed.

ToC

In meta, naked, no pet, raid buffed, ticks for 260.

Leave meta.

Out of meta, naked, raid buffed, no pet, ticks for 260.

It ONLY extends the duration. It does no resnapshot.

Ticks for 260 when out of meta, naked, no pet, raid buffed.

ToC

In meta, naked, no pet, raid buffed, ticks for 260.

Leave meta.

Out of meta, naked, raid buffed, no pet, ticks for 260.

It ONLY extends the duration. It does no resnapshot.

Thanks. There are bigger (major) issues at play in demo right now that have to be addressed before I get to the snapshotting stuff, but we needed to know that.

I'm being told we now have functional logs for WoD Beta.

With this knowledge in mind I'd like to ask someone to answer my two remaining active questions:

Testing number one should be simple enough: just apply corruption to something; drain soul it; record the pre-20% bonus tick damage for corruption; record the post-20% bonus tick damage for corruption.

Testing number two requires a bit of a longer log, preferably a few minutes. Just take all your gear off, record your current haste level (if any), and then let your felguard smack the dummy for awhile. We should be able to figure out how the haste buff influences it by observing the swing timer.

Edited by gahhda

WoL for the Aff test The 20% Drain Soul only effects Drain Soul, not the dots.

>20% boss HP average DS tick was 1,274, Corruption was 2,619, Corruption proc from DS was 870.

<20% boss HP average DS tick was 2,065, Corruption was 2,396, Corruption proc from DS was 803.

I took off my trinket and I don't have a weapon enchant so there were no procs that would throw off results, but I did do some random haunts and empowered haunts which would explain the small variations.

Demo test to come.

Was wondering if this also applies to the damage? As in, does the 60% reduction only get applied to the first incinerate on the primary target, or the entirety of the FaB?

Also, interested in the 15% proc chance for incinerate to give 1 extra ember. It was a hotfix that was hard to find in spell data so it was hardcoded, wondering if they possibly removed it for lack of necessity.

Edited by gahhda

Was wondering if this also applies to the damage? As in, does the 60% reduction only get applied to the first incinerate on the primary target, or the entirety of the FaB?

All of it.

Also, interested in the 15% proc chance for incinerate to give 1 extra ember. It was a hotfix that was hard to find in spell data so it was hardcoded, wondering if they possibly removed it for lack of necessity.

idk, that would take reviewing destro logs. I have some up that you can look at, idk if they are enough.

Updated op to reflect my better post on mmo-champ. Current non-log related needs:

Charred remains interaction with fire and brimstone.

Grimoire of sacrifices interaction with fire and brimstone.

Is SB:Haunt a buff? It seems to tie to http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=157698. The buff itself states 20%, but the tooltip says 15%, and both are available in the spell effects. Not sure which value is correct in game.