FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Victurus

Is my dps is low for my ilvl

100k is a little low for 518 ilvl, but not by much. I'd say good dps for 518 would be 125-150k.

I'm a bit confused by your gear. You're wearing a few tank pieces, gemmed and reforged for tanking and everything. and then you have DW 1h's equipped, but you're gemming for strength on all your dps gear, Str is technically best 1:1, but because you get twice as much mastery per gem you should be gemming mastery.

Also now that I'm looking deeper into the gear and such, you're at 12.08% hit, but only 6.63% expertise. You should probably go over to Ask Mr Robot http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/les_sentinelles/victurus and optimize your gemming and reforges first, and then post some new logs and I'll check them out.

Thanks for the fast reply,

Yeah I know I got some tank gear, just switched to dps^^ And I'll take a tour to askmrrobot and will repost some new log.

Have a great day,

well a few thing just off hand i see :

3 unenchanted items
4 empty sockets in 3 items
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle

Expertise is under the 7.5 cap

replace your trink asap Evil Eye of Galakras and Thok's Tail Tip in any form is a must have.

your crit is really low. and your hit real high. it is unnecessary to keep stacking Hit Rating after the 7.5% hit cap. why crit is the #2 in stats you still should have more then that at your level

As far as your armory, I notice right off the bat that you're missing enchants and gems in some of your items. Your legs, chest, bracers, and your main-hand weapon are missing enchants while your main hand weapon and belt are missing a gem. You don't have a belt buckle on your belt either, so that's another gem. Death knights get weapon enchants for free, so anytime you get a new weapon you should stop by the runeforge and enchant it. You'll want fallen crusader on your main-hand and razorice on your off-hand. 

Onto your actual stats, you're over hit cap, and you're under expertise cap. Melee special hit cap and expertise soft cap are both 7.5%, or 2550 rating. You'll want to hit both of those as close as you can before reforging into anything else. I recommend grabbing the add-on reforgelite. You can set those caps in there, as well as your standard stat priority, and it will optimally reforge you itself.

Now, going over your logs, there are a couple of things I'd like to point out. The bosses you linked, Immerseus and Protectors, are kind of hard fights to judge whether or not you're playing properly since they're both heavy target swapping fights. I took the liberty of going through your logs and found a recent Malkorok which would serve as a better example of single target. Here is the link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9L4cZh2DCpnQqbRV#type=damage-done&source=6

Okay, now I'm going to break it down in segments. The first thing I would like to point out is that you're using Obliterate. You should stop using it completely because you'll get more damage from using Howling Blast and then a Plague Strike or Death and Decay if Blood Plague is already on the target.

Next thing is your Blood Plague uptime. On a fight like Malkorok where you only have one target, you should always have it up on your target. Your uptime is only 59%, which means you let it drop off or you Plague Leeched it off and didn't refresh for a period of time.

Now we'll look at your overall casts: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9L4cZh2DCpnQqbRV#type=casts&source=6 I see you're using Outbreak which you shouldn't be using. You should always have Unholy Runes to apply Blood Plague via Plague Strike if it falls off, and Frost Fever should never drop off because your main ability is Howling Blast. As I mentioned earlier, you should also stop using Obliterate. You also shouldn't be using Soul Reaper as DW Frost because the damage is pretty insignificant, so you should also drop that. I would also recommend using AMS off cooldown on a fight like Malkorok because there is constant magic damage going out, so it becomes another source of Runic Power regen. You had 4 casts out of a potential 7, which is pretty good so that wasn't really that big of a deal.

Overall, just fix the minor things like enchanting, gemming, and reforging your gear then start working on your rotation. As far as your rotational changes, drop Obliterate out of your rotation and use the runes on Howling Blast and Plague Strike/Death and Decay. Work on your Blood Plague uptime as well. When you work on those, come back and link an Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok parse so I can see where you improved. 

Have a nice day :)

As mentioned above, you are missing some gems and enchants, and you don't have a runeforge on your mainhand (should be Razorice). 

As for the logs: You're using obliterate a lot. Especially for a fight like protectors on LFR. in any AoE situation, and even in most single target fights, you should be using howling blast as much as possible, and use unholy runes for death and decay, or plague strike when DnD is on cooldown.

To go along with using plague strike more often instead of obliterate, your uptime for blood plague is very low (53%). if you use howling blast more often, this will force you to use plague strike more often, which will help improve your blood plague uptime.

The only time you should be using obliterate is when you're purposely trying to use up your runes as quickly as possible, which will usually only happen just before or after using plague leech or Empowered Rune Weapon.

On a side note: Frappe de givre The Spanish translation for Frost Strike looks like 'milkshake giver'. That's what I'm calling it from now on.

Storm, it may have been a mistake, but why would you recommend using Cinderglacier over Razorice? Cinderglacier is only a dps gain on 3+ targets that are stacked together constantly, and even then it's less than a 2% dps increase. Also, it doesn't matter which Runeforge is in which hand. You'll most commonly see FC MH and RI OH. Only reason people were putting RI on the MH was because there was a bug that was causing it to proc twice if on the MH. It's been fixed, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Also, using Obliterate is a dps loss for him, and pretty much anyone that isn't a robot. His HB damage on single target is above that of his average Oblit damage, so that alone is enough to warrant not using Oblit. Add that with a PS or DnD and it's a lot better. His HB crits are also above the crits from Oblit, so I really would recommend him just dropping it out of his rotation.

Edited by Cupidx

that was my bad, I meant razorice. I always forget the name of that one if I'm not looking at the tooltip. I've had to put it on like 2 weapons this expansion.

Without getting too deep into the sim results vs. real life results debate on obliterate, obliterate on paper is a very slight dps gain on single target, however, it definitely makes the rotation difficult enough that it isn't worth using for most mortal human beings most of the time. However, I have found certain situations where throwing in an obliterate or two can help keep the rest of the rotation running smoothly. Like if you had a couple seconds of downtime while target switching and your runes are going to cap faster than you can use them an obliterate or two will make sure you aren't resource capping on your runes. Or if you're about to plague leach and you need to quickly exhaust 2 different runes, obliterate will guarantee you burn your unholy runes first in addition to two other runes. It's a minor gain, but sometimes I find it difficult to fully exhaust two rune sets if I'm only using them all one at a time, and plague leeching and accidentally only gaining 1 rune out of it is definitely a waste.

I'm finding I occasionally have issues with gaining runes faster than I can use them, and my dps set is about 10 ilvl under yours, so I'm sure you must run into that sometimes also.

Also a little bit more on the advanced side, but I've been experimenting lately with even blowing some killing machine procs on obliterate when my RP is low so I can keep the 4pc set bonus rolling at 10 stacks as long as possible. I don't have enough logs yet to compare to see if I'm actually gaining from it though, I may need to play around with Simcraft and see if I can set up a rotation that obliterates when there's a killing machine proc and RP is under 20.

Hi everyone,

I first want to thank you all for your advices. It help me a lot! After gearing, enchanting, practicing, etc. I think it can be a good thing for me to get back to you guys to see if I have done some progress out of there.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/les-sentinelles/Victurus/advanced

Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QBzgTp1HZLGd3X74/#fight=1

Thanks and have a great day :)

Hi everyone,

I first want to thank you all for your advices. It help me a lot! After gearing, enchanting, practicing, etc. I think it can be a good thing for me to get back to you guys to see if I have done some progress out of there.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/les-sentinelles/Victurus/advanced

Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QBzgTp1HZLGd3X74/#fight=1

Thanks and have a great day smile.png

You could probably AMS a lot more.

Stand in a foul stream with AMS up.

AMS just as a Falling Ash is about to explode.

AMS when you have Toxic Mist.

You have Regenerative Magic glyph and Evil Eye of Galakras so you should be able to AMS every 30 seconds or so.

Shifting Presences glyph in my opinion is very situational, I'd recommend Glyph of Festering Blood.

Frost Fever uptime is good, Blood Plague could do with being a little bit higher but 84% isn't too bad.

From what I can see, You also didn't pre-pot.  Prepotting refers to using a Potion of Mogu Power a few seconds before the pull then using a 2nd one usually when Bloodlust and all your DPS cooldowns are active.

I also see you used Soul Reaper.  In it's current form, Soul Reaper hits like a wet noodle for Frost and I personally would spend the rune on a Howling Blast. Howling Blast does more damage both single target and AOE and costs the same as a Soul Reaper.  Soul Reaper doesn't scale with Frost's Mastery at the moment but will in the next patch.

Edited by Antenora