FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gallivant

Ele Shaman help

Hi, i am fairly new to shaman's. I am having trouble maintaining 100k dps, i am following the rotation with keeping up flame shock, lava burst, ele blast and using lighting bolt as a filler while keeping fire ele totem up when it can attack for 1 min. only time i can get above 120k dps is when i pop ascendance and spam lava burst. And i am lost on how to gem and reforge so many different websites telling me different things. Here is a link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Gallivant/simple im not sure how to link my dps on here. But if i can get some info on what to improve that would be great.

The best way to show us the DPS that you're doing is to record the combat log with WarcraftLogs. Otherwise, we can never really know what the issues are.

For gearing, it can be a little confusing. The best advice I can recommend for someone is to gear for Haste until your at 30%, then go into Mastery. Along with that, you should be putting orange gems in red sockets, and yellow gems in yellow sockets, using the same Haste to 30%, then Mastery priority I mentioned. This is because the secondaries are worth a bit more than Int, because the secondaries offer twice the value per gem.

One thing that you neglect mentioning in your rotation is Earth Shock/Fulmination. Make sure you have Lightning Shield up, and you're spending those Fulmination stacks whenever you're at 6 or 7, and using it won't interfere with your Flame Shock refreshes.

I am using the haste build on mr.robot im at 31% haste and 42% mastery im gemming haste as mr.robot said to.

Be carefull taking build recomendations from ask mr robot, its best used to build an optimised set for a build you have researched  elsewhere (here)

One thing that sticks out to me is you are 0.5% off the hit cap

Edited by dean771

I am using the haste build on mr.robot im at 31% haste and 42% mastery im gemming haste as mr.robot said to.

Be carefull taking build recomendations from ask mr robot, its best use to build an optimised set for a build you have reserached  elsewhere (here)

One thing that sticks out to me is you are 0.5% off the hit cap

I agree.  Check this AMR custom weighting out:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/dc9d5d53-ab92-4d11-922b-ce736dfe8119

I made it to optimize your hit rating, bring you to 30% Haste, then full Mastery.  AskMrRobot can only give some easy default builds.

when it comes to upgrading gear with valor what should be my priority?

For your gear level:

Weapon

Legendary Cloak

Chest/Legs/Helm

Trinkets

Rest