Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
miyari

hearthstone Hearthstone Recap: Naxx Pricing Delayed, New Card Back, Season 3 Ends

1 post in this topic

6355-hearthstone-recap-naxx-pricing-dela

Curse of Naxxramas Pricing Delayed, New Card Back Revealed!

Ranked Play Season 3 has come to a close, and the Rainbow! card back makes way for something sinister. A new Naxxramas card back has been revealed as the reward for reaching Rank 20 in Ranked Play Season 4! Speaking of Naxxramas, there pricing announcement we had anticipated for Curse of Naxxramas has been unexpectedly delayed, and there is currently no ETA on when these details will be revealed. The Adventure is still planned to release some time this month, so we shouldn't have to wait too long to find our more details on the Adventure's pricing and release structure. To hype players up for the upcoming Adventure (as if this was at all needed), Blizzard has published a Naxxramas boss preview article, so players can get to know their upcoming nemeses! Also, be sure to check out the list of Season 3's top players. Congratulations to everyone who qualified!

9ZjaBCy.png

Curse of Naxxramas Pricing Details Delayed

Blizzard's announcement that we would see the pricing details for Curse of Naxxramas at the beginning of July was too good to be true. Blizzard Community Manager Aratil has posted that the pricing details we had hoped for has been further delayed, and there is currently no ETA on when this information will be revealed. One positive effect of this is that Blizzard has finally started being a bit more open to sharing details of the new expansion, having been rather quiet (other than card reveals) and not providing much additional information on the upcoming Adventure. The Adventure is still slated for release some time this month.

Blizzard Icon Curse of Naxxramas Pricing Announcement Retracted

I know everyone is really excited for any and all information regarding Naxxramas. We’re doing our best to get it into your hands as soon as possible. However, it turns out we’re actually not going to be quite ready to announce Naxxramas pricing on July 1st as I previously mentioned—we do still want to announce more Naxxramas information soon, but I’m afraid it won’t happen on July 1st. We’ll get the details to you as soon as we have finalized information to share.

Just once would it kill you guys to just tell us what we want to know straight up, no hints, no secrets, no elongated waiting.
My earlier post indicating that we were originally targeting July 1st to announce Naxxramas pricing was an attempt to be more transparent with how progress is coming along.

eMTp08G.png

New Season 4 Card Back Revealed

Celebrating the eventual release of the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure, this month's Season 4 card back features an awesome Naxxramas theme! As usual, this card back will be revealed to any players who reach Rank 20 or better during Season 4. The card back will be awarded once the season has concluded (at the end of July).

vbG8leS.jpg

rsnSdEE.png

Additional Curse of Naxxramas Information

Following the unfortunate delay of Curse of Naxxramas pricing details, Hearthstone CM Aratil shared some additional information on the development process, revealing that the Adventure is almost finished and there's just some bugs to fix! The Adventure is still planned to release some time in July as long as everything stays on schedule. Here's hoping!

Blizzard Icon Curse of Naxxramas Updates

Pricing Clarification

There have been quite a few questions regarding this, so I'm going to try my best to answer it here.

Adventure Mode is a completely new thing for us; in fact, Hearthstone itself is still quite new. There are a lot of factors to consider when determining pricing and we want it to feel accessible to newer players as well as obtainable by players who do not wish to spend real money. This requires not only a lot of research on our part, but also a lot of back and forth on what could work and what won't. In fact, it took us a while to even determine that we wanted to separate the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure Mode into different wings.

With that said, when I originally announced that we were targeting to announce Naxxramas pricing details on July 1st, I did not realize that we were still going through one last round of internal review regarding the pricing details, so you can definitely blame that one on me. We're close though!

Polish & Bug Fixing

Took me a while to find out the answers to this question, since I don't directly have access to this information. We recently just completed all major implementation tasks and are now working on polish as well as some final implementation items.

Our primary focus now is on bug fixing and getting the game ready for ship. The team has fixed over 200 bugs just in the last week alone, and new bugs continue to be discovered. After all of the identified bugs have been addressed, the game will still need to undergo several rounds of quality assurance tests to ensure that the game is ready.

4h1mUp3.png

Ranked Play Season 3 Top Players

Ranked Play Season 3 has ended, the Rainbow! card back rewarded, and Blizzard has provided a list of the current top players! Remember, the top 16 Legend players of each season will qualify for participation in the Hearthstone Americas Qualifier Tournament for their chance at representing the Americas in the Hearthstone World Championships!

Blizzard Icon Ranked Play Season 3 Top Players

+ Show- Hide

To view the Ranked Play Season 3 - European final rankings, please go here.

Rank BattleTag
1 LuigEzz
2 Forsen
3 Firebat
4 ShinyPants
5 Kabi
6 Strelzik
7 Hafu
8 purpledrank
9 ErA
10 bma
11 dog
12 Razor
13 Tom
14 nacanoob
15 Azuzu
16 Fang
17 Luchesi
18 Azuresky
19 GeorgeMcFly
20 Chakki
21 Yseros
22 hyped
23 Icysoul
24 Grindstone
25 bloodyface
26 Benchpress
27 Awakening
28 Ðart
29 Crumpled
30 TidesofTime
31 WeDoNotSow
32 VaNdALiSM
33 zRusheR
34 yoitsflo
35 Huynher
36 BestKappaNA
37 Noby
38 Stosh
39 Ninive
40 hyp3d
41 Bounds
42 Zilea
43 Axtius
44 BwaMu
45 AtsuenArashi
46 EIGHT
47 heroux
48 Imamurgl
49 Fpv000
50 Huor
51 bksama
52 Gilysel
53 sjow
54 HyperFrog
55 RunningPie
56 Zetia
57 Wonb
58 Xeno
59 Frank
60 Heatsource
61 Pac
62 LightGod
63 Ace
64 Draven
65 PresidentSDR
66 Kurenai
67 Endirvis
68 Yana
69 Quiescent
70 Cross
71 Simplexity
72 zGGLeoz
73 Alchemixt
74 FallinSky
75 Algebraica
76 DeerNadia
77 PandaButt
78 Lucas
79 Kobe
80 KratosSparta
81 barnak
82 Sheapy
83 Huked
84 NickyG
85 Shamba
86 QQueenBee
87 TrickyDolL
88 Venommous
89 Gigaduckman
90 Nefarius
91 aljoschar
92 Zulux
93 dejectstarry
94 Galwen
95 Delpi
96 Wtflag
97 TheGoliath
98 delockz
99 Enzymez
100 EvilRaito

19ljgjm.png

Naxxramas, the Floating Necropolis Preview

For those players out there who are not familiar with Naxxramas, the raid zone that saw two separate releases in World of Warcraft (once as a 40-man raid back in classic, then again as a 25-player raid in Wrath of the Lich King), Blizzard has posted an interesting piece detailing background lore of the raid featured in its upcoming Adventure. Unfortunately, there's no hidden details hinting a release date or pricing information in the article, but it does provide some lore about the bosses we'll be challenging when Curse of Naxxramas goes live!