FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Arrhythmic

Elemental DPS help

I've been playing as ele dps for the 5.4 expansion, and I am having a hard time maintaining consistent dps that is above 200k.  Ive looked at noxxic and their dps rankings for realistic dps as well as done sim crafting and by those measures I should be doing more dps that I am recording on logs.  I use elementrist to help track my rotoation and buffs, but I'm not sure what I am missing.

Here is a link to my armory and I use Mr. Robot to help with my gemming and reforeges.

I also have logs from my last raid  Sat and Sun.  I just need some help with what I need to be doing to increase my dps or am I at the level that I should be at for my ilvl.

Your rotation is decent.  I can't tell as much from Worldoflogs as I could from WarcraftLogs, but the basics look pretty tight.  Looking at your Malkorok LFR kill, you could've used Elemental Blast another 4 times, and I don't see Fire Elemental Totem.  Next time, try logging with WarcraftLogs (Preferably with Advanced Combat Logging enabled) and I may be able to learn more.

A major problem in your gearing is your trinkets.  The Frenzied Crystal of Rage is worse than any other Siege trinket, and even some Throne of Thunder trinkets.  Along with that, you're using a healer trinket, with a spirit use, which makes half it's item level contribution useless.  Look into some easy to obtain alternatives, such as Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and Yu'lon's Bite, while you work on earning a Purified Bindings of ImmerseusKardris' Toxic Totem, or Black Blood of Y'Shaarj.  Even LFR versions of any of those three trinkets would be a SIGNIFICANT improvement.

I am aware that my trinkets are ultra horrible, they were choices that I made when I was gearing and not really planning on raiding seriously.  I am working on changing those as soon as I can, however home life and wife aggro make that hard.

I do have the warcraft logs as well since our guild runs both. Sat and Sun.

Your opener looks really weird.  From Sha of Pride, you didn't use Ascendance until almost 2 minutes into the fight!  You would've gotten two uses if you had used it on the pull.

The optimal opener is this:

Fire Ele + Pre Pot @ 3 seconds to pull --> Elemental Blast @ 1.5 seconds to pull --> Flame Shock --> Lava Burst --> Ascendance --> Lava Burst spam.

Elemental Blast also needs some much better attention to it's cooldown.  Remember your priority, and find those moments to stop and throw a cast.

Flame Shock uptime > Lava Burst > Elemental Blast > Fulmination at 6/7 stacks > Lightning Bolt

Ill work on that, its all really great advise.  As far as reforging goes should I reforge to the 30% haste since I am above that and reforge it to mastery or just keep reforging as I have and balance them out, providing that I have 30% or greater haste?

Ill work on that, its all really great advise.  As far as reforging goes should I reforge to the 30% haste since I am above that and reforge it to mastery or just keep reforging as I have and balance them out, providing that I have 30% or greater haste?

I'll leave that completely up to you, because it's going to matter more how comfortable you are at which haste level.

Haste and Mastery after 30% are fairly equal, with Mastery coming ahead slightly.  If you want to run 34% then go mastery, so be it!

Here is my issue.  In raids with another ele shaman that is similarly geared and with about the same ilvl for raid, what am I doing wrong or differently that I am doing so much less dps.  Do my crappy trinkets make that much of a difference?  Most recent Log.

They absolutely do.  I was a bit shocked how much dps jumped when I finally got a heroic PBI, and it's not even fully upgraded yet; what you're using amounts to two half-trinkets, one of which is of considerably lower ilvl, compared to his two full trinkets at 569.  The difference is absolutely that big.

I have to echo Hybrys' suggestions about getting new trinkets; you might not think that an LFR trinket would be an upgrade from your Frenzied Crystal of Rage, but it really is.  (Worse, it looks okay during your burst window due to the proc, it's only later it falls off massively.)  Pray to the loot gods, and good luck!

Yeah, trinkets contribute SO much to your DPS, it's sort of ridiculous.  Two good trinkets would push you up ~15% or more.

Also, you shouldn't have cast Earthquake or Magma Totem.  Although you may meet the threshold where it's a damage gain (or no damage loss), usually a target will die so fast that half way into their duration it's hitting less targets.  Ignore them both for Garrosh.

From your Malkorok, you still need a fair bit of work.  The major things I see:

Flame Shock uptime should easily be 99%+.  Remember that you can overwrite a Flame Shock with less than 3 seconds remaining.

You spend some time ignoring Lava Burst because you're moving.  Try to squeeze them out more often between moving! Minimize your movement, and get those out.

The same with Elemental Blast, with 10 out of 14 opportunities cast.  Close that gap!

Fulmination also needs some better attention, with a 40 second window where you were capped and still 'gaining' stacks!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pxZnrX8QHzNTDA2G#type=resources&source=1&fight=27&spell=150