Maplefire

guidance for Beta quests/dungeons

6 posts in this topic

Hi priesties,

Wondering if I could get some guidance for the Beta testing - I'm almost level 92 now and am out of quests - one bit of advice was to play the other faction - makes sense, I can try that, but I'm more interested in trying out dungeons and understanding the garrison a bit more.

Gwenymph, others - do you have any advice? I googled "how to begin draenor beta testing" and Icy Veins came up tongue.png  but I didn't see anything that says, okay, do this, now, go here (ie, how do I get to SMV? should I have started by copying Maple over there?)

Appreciated,

Maple

As far as getting to SMV:

There is a portal in Stormwind next to the Twilight Highlands and Uldum portals out in the lake.

I like it more when transferring over your current toon yes but I have leveled both types of toons so far.  To get into a dungeon run, use the LFR interface and choose Warlords of Draenor Dungeon and Q up that way.  Garrisons are still a little buggy but you can level it up at least once to the "Fort"  Other than the Alchemy building I havent been able to add or upgrade anything else yet.  Some of the quests you send your followers on are bugged and you cannot complete them until a GM clears it out of your "in progress" tab.

You said you're out of quests so I'm assuming you already made it to SMV and were just giving an example ya?  The blasted land quest line is open now but I have not made it out there to try it out yet.  

Sorry to say, no, I haven't made it out of the surrounding area where you create the garrison, though I've travelled a bit (found some 100s; they didn't like me being there tongue.png).

I plan to copy my priest over this weekend, so I will try to port to SMV from Orgrimmar and begin working on that area. Thanks for the tip about using the LFR interface.

Edited by Maplefire

Did you play through the Assault on the Portal event? That is for both factions.  I missed the part where I was trying to tell you how to get to SMV through SW as a horde..... lol   Otherwise create an alliance toon to check out SMV, it is A LOT nicer than Frostfire Ridge

1 person likes this

Haven't yet been able to get back on the beta - RL sometimes demands more attention tongue.png

I think I will go back to my roots and create an Alliance toon - I don't recall the Assault on the Portal - I think I just got quests and starting hacking healing away at them.

Haven't yet been able to get back on the beta - RL sometimes demands more attention tongue.png

I think I will go back to my roots and create an Alliance toon - I don't recall the Assault on the Portal - I think I just got quests and starting hacking healing away at them.

There is a larger than life Khadgar in Orgrimmar and SW to send you to the Dark Portal and start that even chain.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Dragon Priest Standard Deck.
    • By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell
    • By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Priest: Disc and Shadow(Shadow is currently very wanted)
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
    • By Narii625
      VISIT OUR WEBSITE!
      ABOUT US
      We are a very social guild LFM for progression/semi-casual raiding and leveling. 
      When we say "semi-casual," we mean that we raid two days for three hours, can laugh about a wipe but are still serious about progression. We plan to do Normal raids (not for long) before going on to Heroic and Mythic.
      New players and all levels welcomed. We are VERY new player and new role friendly and have a few new players in the raid group already. We will work with you and get you trained up. So don't worry! 
      We do have some PvPers and an experienced RBG leader so PvP isn't out of the question.
      We're almost always on Discord and we joke around a lot. Some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. (Recommended 18+)
      LOOT STYLE
      Currently we are using the EPGP system (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP).
      The addon EPGP (DKP Reloaded), EPGP Lootmaster, DBM, and GTFO are required to be downloaded and kept up-to-date on raid nights.
      RAIDING SCHEDULE
      Fridays & Sundays 8pm - 11pm PST. (10pm - 1am Server Time.) NOTE: Flasks, foods, potions, and enchants will be provided for raiders on a first-come first-serve basis. People who contribute to the guild bank will also have preference. Guild repairs provided on raid nights. Trials will be provided with the aforementioned items if we can spare them after the main raiders. CURRENT PROGRESSION
      Emerald Nightmare, [7/7N] [6/7H] Trial of Valor, [2/3N] OTHER EVENTS
      Saturday is for Mythics/other events. Though we do stuff throughout the week. Most of us have work or school so it depends. The Karazhan mega-dungeon is done on a weekly basis on Saturdays! We will help with attunement! WHAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR**
      Shadow Priest Balance Druid Mage Elemental Shaman **In order of what we need the most!!

If you are interested please fill out the application on our website!
      In-Game Name: Sylarii, Battle.net ID: Narii#1891
      www.bootypirates.guildlaunch.com