FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

Resto Trinks

I have Nazgrim's, Thok's, Prison and finally the blackfuse trink. I can use AMR for that - I would like to know the resident gurus thoughts please?

Reason I ask is that I rarely if ever use the Nazgrim's Inignia (warforged trink) but I could have sworn that I read here somewhere that the Siegecrafter trink was better here and there than the prison or thok trink. Just wanted a little closure on it before I upgrade it. (could be it's better for a shaman/priest?)

Edited by gonlaz

You want prison trink all the time. It's constant - so upgrade it :) Thok and Siegecrafter trinkets are situational, but personally i prefer siegecrafter, as i'm a huge mana spender so spirit procs are really nice for me, plus it gives static 2k int and is less situation dependent.

• Like 1

I go with the prison and thok, havent really  felt  the need for more mana and the cleve proc more then the multistrike. I personaly feel like the multistrike (the one from naz) are better for someone whit mostly big singeltarget heals, like a pally. Just to make sure im not confusing anyone, by proc I meen the actuall multistrike vs cleave. Cleave did around 2% more of my total healing then Multistrike did when I tested the diferent trinkets in the firts part of lfr.

Edited by Delaila
  • Like 2

Nice replies, thank you. All my other trinks are fully upgraded at this point, that siege trink finally dropped after months of a no show. I'll play around with it then on some spread fights and see how it goes. Thanks much :)

I use prison and thoks all the time. Don't have seigecrafter, haven't really tried to get it. But it's decent for non stacked fights where you need more mana.

One of the things I like about the ICD trinkets is being able to game them. If you know a certain point of the fight could benefit, say about a minute in, you can proc the beforehand and just ask for like 45 seconds. As long as you can keep them from having already proc'd, you can sort of game them to have a big spell power boost. For fights like Jug and Malk you want them two minutes in, and as long as you proc them immediately (extra benefit for starting Malk) you'll see them proc for that two minute interval. Also, during progression I would do that for a fight like Siegecrafter where, combined with a pre-pot and berserking, I would push out 14M or 15M extra damage off the bat using HotW. That was without Thok's, too. On farm now, using both trinkets, I could probably push a solid 22M or 23M that way. It helps take seconds off at the end when you can open up almost as strong as some DPS.

Also, even without gaming anything, I was still seeing 3% of my healing from Thok's on our more spread out fights. Include the gaming, and it's worst-case scenarios aren't much worse than the DSD, while it's better fights are no comparison.