Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Fire] Combustion help

2 posts in this topic

I recently decided to go fire. I am currently 574.

I did a bit of attacking on the test dummy so that i could send a combat log. The biggest thing I am wondering is if i am using my Combustion correctly. if not, what can i do to make it better?

Edit: Oh I also wanted to ask about how much i should aim for on a combustion at this ilvl.

Edited by solisson

I'll copy the combustion part of my guide:

During the fight, you want to use spell_mage_altertime.jpgAlter Time when most of your trinkets/potion/bloodlust are up. This is generally within the first 5-10 seconds of the fight. Make sure you also have a ability_mage_hotstreak.jpgPyroblast! proc and ability_mage_hotstreak.jpgHeating Up proc before using alter time, and you got a fireball in-flight towards the boss.  When all those conditions are met, use the following macro: 
#showtooltip Alter Time
/use 10
/cast Berserking 
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Alter Time
/cast Pyroblast
During alter time, keep spamming instant pyroblasts until you’re out of pyroblast! procs and presence of mind is also used. Then recast alter time, and continue spamming pyroblasts until you’re out of pyroblast! procs and presence of mind again. Use combustion as your POM pyro is flying through the air. Due to all these pyros hitting in quick succession, you will have a very high ignite leading to a big combustion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kathriana
      Guild Vengeance (Alonsus) is recruiting for hc/mythic raids in legion!
      We are a mature 18+ guild with a core team of experienced players. Atm we are raiding EN hc, our progress is 7/7 hc. We are ready to start on mythic and are currently looking for active and dedicated players to complete our raiding team. Our raiding days: wed, thus, mon 20-23 ST.
      What we expect from players: Have you char raid ready with appropriate raiding specs, enchants, gems and consumables, for a raiding rank to be able to attend at least 2-3 raids per week, be prepared with tactics and have at least some heroic raiding experience. Be mature and have positive raiding attitude.
      What we will provide: As a guild we have existed since TBC and we have cleared all raids on heroic and mythic difficulty in previous expansions. During our raids we make sure that we have solid tactics that is always adjusted to the group composition, we provide fast and effective problem solving if there are any issues occurring during the encounter. And most importantly we have a good and enjoyable raiding atmosphere, we make sure we progress, kill bosses and have fun at the same time!
      Who we are recruiting: Currently we are looking for Ranged DPS. Any other exceptional applicants might be considered.
      To Apply:
      For any questions:VR1#2581
    • By zett245
      Call of the Void is aiming to strengthen our roster. We are currently 7/7H and looking to dive into mythics as soon as possible. If you have the skill and drive to push progression, we're looking for you! We raid Tuesday-Thursday, 7-10 CST. Apply here
      Currently looking for ranged dps but are willing to trial some melee!
    • By mischievous
      Cleared Heroic and Normal Emerald Nightmare in the first week of it's release.
      Classes Needed:
      Balance Druid
      Shadow Priest
      Always looking for exceptional DPS of any class.

About Us: 
      We are a guild, made up of former members of <Red Shift> and <Casually Addicted>, on Bleeding Hollow (PvP Server on a Chicago Datacenter) that have a common goal and will do what is necessary to achieve it. We are Shifty Casuals.
      We are a group of professional adults, who believe success in raiding doesn't correlate to number in days/hours you spend raiding. We are starting a fresh page within our guild history and sticking to a 3 day a week raid schedule.
      We don't tolerate elitism, bigotry, misogyny or any of the like. We enjoy our calm, adult environment and have no qualms with protecting it.
      We do loot council which is fair and distributes loot for the progression of the raid as a whole and not an individual player. No favoritism, no loot drama.
      We have our sights set on top 100 US for Legion and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our ranks.

Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      · Tuesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Wednesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Thursday 8:45pm-11:45pm

Who We Want:
      Since we are reforming and building for the expansion now is a great time to get in on the ground floor and clear content with us, while prepping for the new expansion. These are some key traits that we are looking for:
      · Someone who understands that 3 nights a week raiding means that you need to bring your A-game each and every night. Attendance is expected to be near 100%. By committing to raid, you are committing yourself to our raiding schedule.
      · The ability to perform under pressure. We only recruit impressive players, and spots are always competitive.
      · Extensive class knowledge of your class. (IE: Alpha/beta testing, keeping up with theorycrafting, properly gemmed/enchanted, always be up to date on the intricacies of your class (not solely your spec(s)) and on the utility of the entire raid group.)
      · A computer that can handle 20-30 man raiding and the ability to communicate via VOIP when needed. You must have a working headset and mic, and you must be prepared to use them. We will not read chat during boss fights. Inability to give a vocal response will not be tolerated as it directly hinders progression.
      · Tough skin. We're always looking to improve ourselves as should you. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but flaming and insulting is not tolerated whatsoever.

If you have what it takes to be a part of this great team and community, feel free to apply at our website  If you have questions about the application process, contact any of the officers for additional information.

Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      Esurient - Co-GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Officer - amisti#1417
    • By SkaptorZ
      Hi everyone,
      I've been playing hearthstone for a while now and my favorite deck is N'Zoth paladin. I can easily reach rank 10 with this deck but i am keeping track and i have a 100% lose rate against fast freeze mage, the deck with a lot of card draw and mostly spells. No matter how much board control or health i have, they always seem to be able to deal 30+ damage in 1 single turn at some point, and you know its going to happpen when they drop emperor thaurissan. I'm getting really annoyed and have tried things like the eater of secrets to stop them but so far i havent been able to beat a single one of them... I know warrior is a good matchup but is there really now possible way to beat them with N'Zoth paladin? I'm also having the same problem dealing with malygos/thaurissan combos...
      Hopefully someone can help me out!
    • By Silvanis
      Immortal Icons(Stormrage) 2/7M, 7/7H
      We are seeking like minded competent players who want to join our Mythic progression team. We are a semi-hardcore guild.

Raid Times
      Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 10:00 pm - 1:00 am EST

We are specifically looking for a warlock and mage to fill out roster!

Respond here or whisper me @ Silvanis1876