FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Transistor

[Arcane]Mana-capping

Hello, I am trying out Arcane a little but am curious about proper ability use. 

Basically:

- If have 2 arcane missile procs, 4 arcane charges, and am about to cap on mana, should I cast arcane blast or arcane missiles?

- How long is it safe for me to fish for arcane missile procs? 80% mana before I give up and arcane barrage?

- Should I keep my mana at roughly 90% when weaving arcane missiles and arcane blast, or should my arcane missile cast get me back to 100% mana?

Arcane mages seem to play like rogues a little :p ty in advance for your help!

2 procs and 4 charges you definitely dump the missiles before barrage. Once you get 4-pc, there's a good chance that your missiles won't consume a proc and you get a third (sometimes fourth).

If you don't get a proc by 4, dump charges with barrage and start over.

Stay as near 100% mana as possible. With proper rotation and management, it's really not that hard.

Cheers!

To expand abit on Belicosa, now that I at least have a tablet which can actually type g and h...

You should try to never fall under 80% mana. This means you ONLY cast Arcane Blast when you are:
-0 profound magic: 88-89% mana
-1 PF: 86-87% mana
-2 PF: 84-85%
-3 PF: 82-83%
-4 PF: any mana value

I use these values as this is The time you begin your cast. Assuming mana regen, you ought to Be at haste value where finishing your cast brings you at 80% mana minimum. This describes mana preparation.

As far as missiles are concerned the rules are.

With 2-set:

When you have 2 missiles.
When you have no stack of PF (in that case you use Blast)

With the 4set you follow the same rotation just keep in mind missiles might reset. So you prioritize them again.

When you end up with 4 charge -0 missiles /- any amount of PF you want to cast blast. Hoping To proc missiles. In order not to waste any time spam missiles and then very fast queue up barrage.

With no 2set just dump all missiles and reset with barrage.
If you have any other questions feel free To ask

Cheers
Berlinia

Edit: Slight mistake on my part. I just meant to show my reasoning. Don't use AB at 0 stacks of Profound magic. Only time I do that is at TFP when I spend so much time using NT that mana get's to 100% mana. Pardons

When you end up with 4 charge -0 missiles /- any amount of PF you want to cast blast. Hoping To proc missiles. In order not to waste any time spam missiles and then very fast queue up barrage.

Because missiles are channeled, I never actually tried to do this. You can't really queue a barrage without cutting your missiles short unless you use the nochannel macro, but then you're not queuing and need to spam the macro.

I personally don't use the macro, because I really hate button spamming, which sadly this macro requires.

IMO a better alternative is to refresh your bomb if needed and quickly react to AM proc. Or use fire blast if bomb needs no refreshing. Second option is on average a very minor dps loss but makes the rotation feel more fluid, which I consider a great plus.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hyrelia
      I have a question for Arcane mages that I couldn't find existing guides mention on any website. In dungeons, mana is not typically an issue as a healer because you can just drink/eat in between packs, I mained a healer up until now so that mindset is just ingrained in me. As Arcane Mage, would the same principle apply? Is it optimal to just forgo the conserve part of the rotation and just burn as much as you sustainably can with every  pack, since you can just eat conjured food in between packs, or should you still do conserve/burn phases similar to what you'd do in a raid?
      Thanks.
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By kiowarixie
      Anyone else receiving fear that absolutely wipes haste off?
    • By m2geek
      Right, so today Kil'Jaeden's burning wish dropped for me, my 3rd legendary.
      I have Shard of the Exodar and Cord of Infinity currently - and with the 7.2 changes to Cord of Infinity I don't know what to do/pick/run with?

Is Burning Wish still going to be BiS with 7.2, the changes to Cord of Infinity on PTR are pretty awesome, and as for Shard - two Time Warps per fight is pretty awesome too.

So, hence my dilemma lol...
      Forgot to add, I play Arcane.
    • By huneebunch
      Ok so raiding in guild, on Star Augur Normal im struggling to hit and stay consistent at 300K, yet when i did LFR i did 500K+ (lowest i went was 450K)
      Not doing anything different and its been like this with the other bosses. Followed the rotation guide and everything i'm doing is right, checked stats etc and they are right, but still struggling to get decent DPS.
      In our logs i am always in the grey (meaning im not utilising stuff more) but yet i have no idea how to change this as i am literally using cooldowns when i can and also doing my burn phase and conserve phase when i need to.