FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alantor

Tankadin AoE rotation

I've edited the AoE rotation section of the guide to be more explicit, and I included your point. Thank you very much for your comment.

Regarding Sacred Shield, you can just re-apply it after you get Vengeance, there's nothing wrong with having it up before the pull too, is there?

I mean, there's nothing wrong actually, but it's worthless because of how vengance scale. You will apply SS before 6 seconds, that is before the first absorb now they've moved first tick to the end. CS-J-X-CS-X-J-CS-X-X, one of the first two fillers should be SS :)

Also, Cons>Unglyphed AS on single target at 100k vengance (raid enviroment).

I don't know how much deepness you want in your guide, i just point out what I read in maintankadin :P

Anyway, now i'm over here, i want congratulate you for the awesome web, I've been reading you for a while and the evolution has been amazing :) Can't wait for the raid guides! ^^

I mean, there's nothing wrong actually, but it's worthless because of how vengance scale. You will apply SS before 6 seconds, that is before the first absorb now they've moved first tick to the end. CS-J-X-CS-X-J-CS-X-X, one of the first two fillers should be SS Posted Image

Also, Cons>Unglyphed AS on single target at 100k vengance (raid enviroment).

I don't know how much deepness you want in your guide, i just point out what I read in maintankadin Posted Image

Anyway, now i'm over here, i want congratulate you for the awesome web, I've been reading you for a while and the evolution has been amazing Posted Image Can't wait for the raid guides! ^^

I added the mention about refreshing Sacred Shield. It's not really "worthless" since the pre-cast shield could mitigate the first melee attack against you or something, but yes, I agree that it's very minor.

Regarding that priority of Consecration > Avenger's Shield at some amount of Vengeance, I won't go into it now. We'll see how these things settle down at 90, and then go over it.

Thanks very much for your contribution, and let me know if you have anything else to say!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Elementios
      Hi All,
      In the arcane mage guide it says: “Cast Arcane Explosion if you will hit 3 or more targets.”  Yet I find think the breakpoint is in fact from 2 mobs.

By my calculations
      ABlast = 192% (+6% for weapon talent) of SP in 2.25s = 92.7% spell power /s
      AE = 75% (+ 9% for weapon talent) of SP in 1.5s (since it's instant) = 54.4% of spell power / s.  Double that for 2 targets and you're at 108.7% SP/s >  92.7% spell power /s for ABlast

Both are equally affected by arcane charges and both have the same mana / s (2% mana for AE in 1.5s vs. 3% mana for ABlast in 2.25s).  Also in the conserve phase you’re doing 4 AC arcane barrage more frequently as you build through stacks quicker, which is great since ABarr hit's hard.   Finally those lucky kilt owners will mana up faster.  So lots of reasons to switch to AE from 2 mobs, assuming you can get in range.

So unless someone sees a flaw in this I think the guide needs to be amending
    • By Qode17
      Hello Paladins!

I must say I enjoy the new Protection spec, even though I never played paladin in WOD. There mobility options are really there for us =)

What's you favorite:
      Feature, Change & Talent Combos, for Prot Pallies in 7.0?
    • By Lapideus
      Hi fellow protection paladins,

I am new to Icy-Veins and fairly new to WoW (started playing about a month ago for the first time since WOTLK, which I only played for about a month) and I'm really enjoying the Protection Paladin playstyle, skills and tanking in general. I have read and watched tanking guides pretty much wherever I can find them and follow them as far as I can understand them without much experience.

Now that I'm level 100 and have a few items collected (three Truesteel items [chest, pants, shield]) I really want to get stuck into running dungeons, on Normal at first, before attempting Heroic dungeons and maybe even some LFRs. The issue I currently have is how to balance the random nature of upgrades with statistics, or in other words, ilvl vs. stat priority.

So according to guides and some common sense the stat priority goes as follows: bonus armour, mastery, versatility, crit

Now the question is how much I actually need to comfortably tank normal dungeons now, and heroic dungeons later? (I know these are low goals, but I'd rather get the important stuff down early) Back in WOTLK there were hard guidelines - you needed 45% block, 5000 armour, 15 parry etc to tank Naxx as Paladin and so forth. Are there any such guidelines for WoD?

Secondly, at what ratio does one stat become more useful than another? Here I will use an example. Today I got two helm upgrades (I was wearing a ilvl610 crit haste helm):
       - Morgo's Unstoppable Ramming Helm
       - Crown of Desolation
      So, Morgo's gives a large chunk of Mastery, the second-most useful stat to a prot (a whole 1.01% block, getting me to 37.20% block and 13.89% mastery unbuffed) while the Crown only gives crit (which does increase parry by 1.26%, but leaves me at 36.26% block and 12.88% mastery).
      Is it at all worthwhile to hang on to Morgo's? Or do the extra points of strength and stamina on the Crown make up for the 1% block chance and mastery loss?

Thirdly, is there a rough guideline for inclusion of less-important stats on a Protection Paladin such as 10% haste or 12.5% crit for overall balance on the character or would the perfect Protection setup only have Bonus Armour, Mastery and Versatility?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

In addition - I have unlocked Heroic Dungeons but I've basically been too scared to queue for them because I don't know whether the character is actually ready to attempt tougher content with its current gear, ilvl and stats.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terokkar/Lapideus/advanced
    • By Stardance
      Hello,

This version of CLCProt has been replaced by CLCProt for WoW Warlords of Draenor 6.0: 

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=23105

nil carborundum illegitimi