FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Khrormorgi

Holy Pally Questions on H Immerseus

First, I want to thank Geoda and these forums for helping me get to heroics.  We started on Wing 1 last night.  11 wipes and 1 kill.  However, I had some questions.  I don't need the logs analyzed, but I post them here for reference: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5vsjkx1kjatmd323/sum/healingDone/  The last wipe was the kill but not showing properly.

1.  I ran EF rather than SH b/c I'm having trouble targeting Immerseus with my judgments.  We use a vertical group method ( we line up in a vertical line on the writing and then move left as a group to avoid voids).  I think I am placing myself too far from his hit box.  Has anyone that is running SH had that problem?

2.  We kept toggling between 2 and 3 healers (we used 3 for kill).  I'm ivl 566 and my disc priest is i570.  I think the dps was taking too much damage and accumulating too many debuff stacks.  Is that a reasonable assumption?

3.  I was told one minor improvment I could make was to dispel people w/ 5-6 stacks.  Do you dispel in this fight as a holy pally?

4.  Should I be outhealing my disc priest on this fight?  This is not an epeen question.  I understand I'll never touch a monk on this fight, but I'm trying to gauge where we should be.  He was mass dispelling on CD, but I don't believe that should change his numbers much.

5.  I started the night using my cooldowns when he splits to heal bubbles.  However, I adjusted and used them proactively.  When he split the 1st few times, I just healed 1-2 bubbles, then as fight went on I focused on raid less and bubbles more.  Was this a good idea?

I have more questions but this is a good place to start.

Edited by Khrormorgi

1. The hitbox of Immerseus is huge, are you out of range of him or just having trouble tab targeting him? Either way, make sure you're the first ranged player in the line, and make a macro for immerseus where you just put him on your focus:

/cast [@focus] Judgment
/cast Judgment

This macro should make your Judgment cast at your focus, and if you don't have one, it'll cast at whatever you're targeting.

2. 10man Immerseus is a pain for the debuff, but it still is a 2 healable fight. No one in your group should be going past 3 stacks. Fortunately your logs can show that for you here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5vsjkx1kjatmd323/spell/143579/

I can see MANY deaths to this, a lot of them because the debuff is ticking for 300k. It seems your hunter/rogue are the biggest culprits, though no one should die to this at all. It's pretty much what wipes most groups to Immerseus though.

3. People shouldn't hit 5/6 stacks. Thats their problem not yours. You still need to dispel the morons who go that high, but seriously thats their own fault.

4. Mass dispel will change his numbers due to the mana cost, but since I'm not a disc priest, holy paladin, or a 10man raider, I can't answer this question.

5. Sounds like a good idea to me since the start of the fight is all raid damage and the end of the fight is all puddle healing. I like that style, though I haven't healed immerseus or 10man immerseus so I can't give you tips myself.

Heroic Immerseus down?! Way to go man! It always feel good killing an heroic boss no matter how many times it is.

1. I used to run EF on this fight too and was quite successful on it. I basically focused the tanks and blanketed the raid with EF. Currently I use SH because I find it the most fun. I never have an issue with targetting Immerseus. The range of Judgement and the hitbox of the boss, you can't miss him. You could always create a macro to target the boss and cast Judgment to insure it hits.

2. This fight is big on DPS not standing in bad stuff. This is a fair assumption. There's lots of avoidable damage in this whole tier.. this fight is one of them.

3. I never dispelled on this fight. Honestly, I'm unsure if we can?

4-5. Yes, you should be outhealing everyone! Haha. But seriously, this is an interesting fight to gauge healing. On the one side, you want to keep the raid alive so you need to heal them during phase 1. However in phase 2, you need to heal the blobs. Both have an equal priority, but the blobs take higher priority (since phase 1 becomes shorter) towards the end. During progression I would try to save my CD's for the blobs and BE SURE you have some CD's towards the end when there's more healing blobs than DPS ones. 

A little tip I found that works great on the blobs is to use the Holy Prism talent. If it's available during phase 2, try to target a DPS one that has multiple healing ones near by so it splashes to them. Then be sure to use your Flash of Light, Divine Light, Holy Shock and Word of Glory on the blobs. On this fight I have my friendly plates on instead of enemy plates to easily see where my raid is standing and where the healing blobs are.

Again, congrats on the kill! Time for #2!

• Like 1

I'd like to note that I was writing my response while Fouton was writing his. While all my responses seem like I copied him.. I didn't! We just think alike. ;)

• Like 2

;) I'd like to note that I've had much easier times with bosses 2-5 over Immerseus in my hunter's 10man, so good luck on the next bosses and I hope they come easily (but provide some fun challenge) :)

Thanks for the tips and debrief.  I think that a huge change for my healing paradigm is dps responsibility.  I'm learning that fights should present mechanics that healers can't heal if tanks and dps don't follow them.  I used to be super frustrated at myself and blame myself on nights like last night.  Now I've learned to get several opinions before I change anything.  What I'm seeing at the macro level is that as difficulty increases, all raid member gain more responsibility for themselves.  Unfortunately, some individuals may not be able to make that transition.  Do you ever get frustrated that dps gets stuck on mechanics that you deal with every fight?

Edited by Khrormorgi
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tips and debrief.  I think that a huge change for my healing paradigm is dps responsibility.  I'm learning that fights should present mechanics that healers can't heal if tanks and dps don't follow them.  I used to be super frustrated at myself and blame myself on nights like last night.  Now I've learned to get several opinions before I change anything.  What I'm seeing at the macro level is that as difficulty increases, all raid member gain more responsibility for themselves.  Unfortunately, some individuals may not be able to make that transition.  Do you ever get frustrated that dps gets stuck on mechanics that you deal with every fight?

LOL!!! Welcome to the life of a healer :P

Yes, as a healer you have a responsibility of keeping people alive. Many times we are to blame even though there was avoidable damage. I think something that will only help with the learning is to be tough on yourself. Sure, there's some cases that the DPS will get 1 shot.. however, there may be times where 2 ticks of something would kill them. Maybe you can work on your reaction and throw a Lay on Hands on them.. or a Blessing of Protection. These quick reactions can save their life and help with a progression kill. 

The healing core in my guild takes a lot of pride in this. We push ourselves to try to get the raid to the enrage timer with the least amount of wipes as possible. Once you start reaching the enrage timer, it's time to start looking at the DPS and telling them to pick it up! :D

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a weekly thing for many guilds, even on farm content. I see many people still get hit by corrosive blast, stand in vengeful strikes, dont collect purple orbs, ignore prisons, let fractures wipe the group, stand a mile away to make bad crawler mines, stand in literally everything on shamans, get hit by heroic shockwave, stand in breath of yshaarj, go to the wrong side of spoils, get eaten by thok, stand in superheated, stand infront of Korven, and get hit by transition slams on Garrosh.

Every fight has room for silly mistakes, and many players make them weekly. As you progress on new heroics youll see plenty of people forget normal mode mechanics, etc. You'll also start to notice who really paid attention rather than tunneled the boss and ignored whatever couldn't kill them.

• Like 3

Yeah, that's a weekly thing for many guilds, even on farm content. I see many people still get hit by corrosive blast, stand in vengeful strikes, dont collect purple orbs, ignore prisons, let fractures wipe the group, stand a mile away to make bad crawler mines, stand in literally everything on shamans, get hit by heroic shockwave, stand in breath of yshaarj, go to the wrong side of spoils, get eaten by thok, stand in superheated, stand infront of Korven, and get hit by transition slams on Garrosh.

Every fight has room for silly mistakes, and many players make them weekly. As you progress on new heroics youll see plenty of people forget normal mode mechanics, etc. You'll also start to notice who really paid attention rather than tunneled the boss and ignored whatever couldn't kill them.

And that's why I quit healing.