FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Windwalker Monk 5.4

Hi in the glyphs section I think glyph of spinning crane kick

Is quite useful for mobility while u aoe , also the spinning fire blossom

Makes targeting much more easier :D

For those of us who will boost their monks to level 80 through RaF or SoR (like me): Can we use the same rotation as in the guide for leveling? Since the only abilities you get from 80 to 90 are cooldowns (unless I'm missing something?), it would help to know the rotation beforehand so leveling is smoother.

Hi in the glyphs section I think glyph of spinning crane kick

Is quite useful for mobility while u aoe , also the spinning fire blossom

Makes targeting much more easier Posted Image

Thanks, I'll add them!

For those of us who will boost their monks to level 80 through RaF or SoR (like me): Can we use the same rotation as in the guide for leveling? Since the only abilities you get from 80 to 90 are cooldowns (unless I'm missing something?), it would help to know the rotation beforehand so leveling is smoother.

At level 80, everything should be available, excluding the tier 6 talents, of course. And you can just use the same rotation without much trouble. If you're questing, of course, you may need to put a bit more emphasis on Healing Sphere and tier 2 talents for some more self-healing. And Healing Elixirs is probably the best leveling choice for tier 5 talents.

Guest Akato

In my experience, you don´t need to worry about healing yourself, I could do as many mobs as I wanted to, as soon as one died it would spawn a healing sphere and I was good again. If more healing was needed just use one Chi Wave, this will solve all your problems. You also don´t need to worry about keeping tiger power up 3 times at all times, if you´re going to kill a larger amount of mobs in a row, then it make sense, otherwise, just focus on Rising Sun Kick and Blackout Kick as Chi-dump, maybe the occassional Fists of Fury, but that won´t change much, other than stunning the mob/mobs.

As I understand RSK has the highest priority, and the next is FOF assuming ur maintaining ur 3 stacks, so for is basically only to be used when rsk is on cd plus y can actually channel it leading to it being actually not that used was wondering if say I had only 2sec to RSK coming off cd would it be better to just BOkick jab and rsk ,than bothering using for , personally for is like one of the iconic wibdwalker skills and still so underused , really seems like a terrible design as of now.

, really seems like a terrible design as of now.

Edited by Argonauts

Guest Tiger DNA

Why is Spinning Fire Blossom not part of the rotation? I understand that the vat majority of the time you will have an even number of Chi so you can use Blackout Kick, however, if you have to spend a chi to refresh Tiger Strikes or find yourself needing to move to range, I think that SFB should be the go to. It does nearly 3 times as much damage as a tiger palm. Another consideration is if you are finding yourself energy starved after not getting a mastery proc, wouldnt it be best to launch 2 SFB's instead of a BK to allow an extra second for energy regen while still filling each global with damage?

Guest Niss

Another consideration is if you are finding yourself energy starved after not getting a mastery proc, wouldnt it be best to launch 2 SFB's instead of a BK to allow an extra second for energy regen while still filling each global with damage?

In regards to this, I would say that once you get higher levels of gear you will rarely if ever find youself "energy starved" - I do think it is worth a look in the rotation from a pure damage standpoint when you have 3 stacks of tiger palm and a "spare" chi available while waiting for enough energy to jab.

Guest Tracy

If you are unsure what the optimal reforging strategy is for the above priority, you can Ask Mr. Robot for a personalised optimisation of your character's gear, by filling the form below.

Ask Mr Robot doesn't use the same stat weights as you have posted in this article.

Guest shaco

Ask Mr Robot doesn't use the same stat weights as you have posted in this article.

Yeah, why Mr.Robot tell me Crit>Haste ?

So as I see now all the dual weild agi epic weapons are all fists , no swords or maces .. Kinda gimps my transmorg

I love fist weapons but wielding two big weapons has its own charm , its kinda sad that's no one crafts any epic dual weild weapons for monks .

Its much better btw not to waste the chi on spinning fire blossom cause at ur normal melee range its damage per chi is really low ur better of refreshing tiger palm which does similar damage almost . But mostly just save that chi cause u probably will get power strikes proc giving u 3 chi every 20 sec if in case u get over 4 its a chi sphere right there. So its basically not a good use of ur chi in it current form.

At 20 yards or more its damage is higher which is better but we anyway don't have options at range to dump chi so use it :D

Edited by Argonauts

Yeah, why Mr.Robot tell me Crit>Haste ?

Our stat priorities for all DPS classes have now been harmonized with Ask Mr. Robot. Thank you :)

So as I see now all the dual weild agi epic weapons are all fists , no swords or maces .. Kinda gimps my transmorg

I love fist weapons but wielding two big weapons has its own charm , its kinda sad that's no one crafts any epic dual weild weapons for monks .

Its much better btw not to waste the chi on spinning fire blossom cause at ur normal melee range its damage per chi is really low ur better of refreshing tiger palm which does similar damage almost . But mostly just save that chi cause u probably will get power strikes proc giving u 3 chi every 20 sec if in case u get over 4 its a chi sphere right there. So its basically not a good use of ur chi in it current form.

At 20 yards or more its damage is higher which is better but we anyway don't have options at range to dump chi so use it Posted Image

Thanks. I've added a section about Spinning Fire Blossom now, and no, it doesn't make sense to use it in melee range.

Guest Nyfaria

Remove the Glyph of Flying Serpent Kick from the list, its trash. It says when you come in contact with something, but really its 5-10 seconds after you come in contact with something putting you in a bad position most of the time.

Remove the Glyph of Flying Serpent Kick from the list, its trash. It says when you come in contact with something, but really its 5-10 seconds after you come in contact with something putting you in a bad position most of the time.

Just going to quote saying this was me.

Just going to quote saying this was me.

You are right. I've removed it :)

Guest Durner

I don't know about levels such as 90, but during levels 55-80 I did a lot more dmg with Spinning Fire Blossom than what I would have done with Blackout Kick.

For example at lvl 75 I did 1900-2000 dmg per each Spinning Fire Blossom whereas with Blackout Kick I did 1000-2000 dmg (infront of target) and 1500-2000 (behind target). I would also like to clarify that those numbers with SFB were done in melee range of the target. These numbers means that for at least these levels (55-80) Spinning Fire Blossom is a lot better skill to use than what Blackout Kick is especially as it only uses half of the amount of Chi than what the Blackout Kick does.

Have Blackout Kick been nerfed (or Spinning Fire Blossom boosted) in some recent update or why is it that it's so underrated here? :3

Guest Durner

After a bit of googling I think we have a solution. It seems that the scaling is wrong and because of that the Spinning Fire Blossom becomes a better skill than what Blackout Kick at level 55 and stays such until level 80. After 80 the scaling balances and the Blackout Kick becomes again the "better" skill to use.

Guest Lodown

Casting FoF on cooldown is incorrect. If you do that chances are FoF will be a DPS loss. You should cast FoF when your not in any danger or energy capping, not in danger of losing your tiger palm buff and when there's 4+ seconds left on your RSK.

Casting FoF on cooldown is incorrect. If you do that chances are FoF will be a DPS loss. You should cast FoF when your not in any danger or energy capping, not in danger of losing your tiger palm buff and when there's 4+ seconds left on your RSK.

Thank you. This is being fixed as we speak :)

The guide says "Note that Extra Enchantments can be applied to an item in addition to a Main Enchantment"

"Enchant boots - Greater haste" is under the "Extra Enchantments" tab whereas "Enchant Boots - Blurred Speed" is under the "Main Enchantments"-tab.

According to the guide you should therefore be able to add both Enchant Boots - Blurred Speed and Enchant boots - Greater haste to your boots.

I bought both Blurred Speed and Greater haste enchants and tried to add both enchants to my boots. What happened is that after I had already enchanted my boots with the Blurred Speed and tried to add the Greater Haste-enchant to it, I got a warning of "Do you want to replace "+140 Agility & Minor Speed Increase" with "+175 Haste?"

Either the part concerning the "extra enchantments" of the guide is wrong or the warning message comes out without a reason. Both of the enchantments are pricey so I rather not try whether the guide or the warning message is wrong.

The guide says "Note that Extra Enchantments can be applied to an item in addition to a Main Enchantment"

"Enchant boots - Greater haste" is under the "Extra Enchantments" tab whereas "Enchant Boots - Blurred Speed" is under the "Main Enchantments"-tab.

According to the guide you should therefore be able to add both Enchant Boots - Blurred Speed and Enchant boots - Greater haste to your boots.

I bought both Blurred Speed and Greater haste enchants and tried to add both enchants to my boots. What happened is that after I had already enchanted my boots with the Blurred Speed and tried to add the Greater Haste-enchant to it, I got a warning of "Do you want to replace "+140 Agility & Minor Speed Increase" with "+175 Haste?"

Either the part concerning the "extra enchantments" of the guide is wrong or the warning message comes out without a reason. Both of the enchantments are pricey so I rather not try whether the guide or the warning message is wrong.

Ugh. You are right, this was a silly formatting mistake on our part. Those enchants are definitely mutually exclusive. We're fixing it now. Thank you for your post.

• Like 1

Guest Jaba

That Best in Slot isn't BiS Posted Image They aren't even close to BiS items

That Best in Slot isn't BiS Posted Image They aren't even close to BiS items

This isn't very helpful - you should specify why you think the BiS list is wrong and what you think should be different.

This isn't very helpful - you should specify why you think the BiS list is wrong and what you think should be different.

I've figured out that we for some reason don't include HoF and Terrace drops there. On it :)

So ive been trying out the new ascension talent and i think its really viable maybe even the best choise now with no need to stack TP . The energy regen is gr8 whats the math on it though anyone .

Sign in to follow this