Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hymmnos

New to Affliction: Need Help with Stats and Mechanics

2 posts in this topic

2 Part Post

Part 1

So, I've played destruction up until VERY recently and I'v always wanted to give affliction a whirl as I really fell in love with the concept of using DoTs. Now that I'm a higher ilvl, I want to give it a go. I asked Mr. Robot what to reforge into from destro -> aff and it wants me to just gem and reforge haste out the wazoo. 

Battle.net Character Page

I'm sitting at around 17k haste and 11k mastery and I've been thinking whether I should be having more mastery. This is my first time really giving affliction a try so I don't know if Mr. Robot is incorrect in telling me to get ALL THE HASTE.

Ask Mr. Robot

Would anyone please comment or suggest things I could do to improve myself regarding stats?

Part 2

As I've said before, I'm relatively new to raiding with affliction and besides the stats, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with mechanics. I queued up for LFR2 and recorded the Iron Juggernaut battle.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FQBAXH3N4jpk62Cm

Please excuse the late doomguard... I thought LFR might actually lust at 20.

If anyone would please give me any kind of tips or suggestions to help play affliction, I would really appreciate it. 

Edit: Tons of logs
From our alt run. Forgot to turn on log from start so no H Immersius or Norushen
I switched between aff and destro to whatever I felt more comfortable with. Any suggestions / critique / comments are welcome.
I've also now reforged to better play destro since I'm doing that for a few fights still. 15.5k haste and 12.5k mastery while affliction. Haste goes down to 13.5k when I switch to KTT because BBoY is just too good.

Edit 2: Questions:
Scenario: It's the opener and you get all your procs and empower your dots. As your dots are timing out, is it better to refresh them and get the pandemic bonus or is it better to let it fully tick in its empowered state?

Edited by Hymmnos

For single target, AMR is correct in telling you to reforge for Haste, however in multi target situations Mastery tends to win out.

If you go to the AMR page and click on the stat priority, it will offer a drop down menu to select a Mastery based reforge.

Remember that AMR does not calculate the best set up for your character individually, but rather reforges everyone the same in accordance with a predetermined set of stat weights. You need to tell it what you want, effectively.

Back on topic, the main reason Mastery is favoured is due to the nature of SoO having so many fights with multiple targets. This is further reinforced by many people off ir main speccing Destruction, where Mastery is far and away the most desired stat.

I can't look at logs properly on my phone, so can take a look later this evening.

Edited by Liquidsteel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dyppe
      Hey guys. 
      I do know which stats enhancement should go for, but i'm finding it hard to find any clues on what the stat percentages should be? I've also heard that enhancement need to alot of mastery, but how much? 
      Like some classes has to so stack haste at a certain point and so on, but what are the most optimal stat percentages for enhancement?
      I'm asking because i think i might lack mastery and that i have too much crit. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Dyppekogeren/simple
    • By Antipater
      Hey all, 
      Been simming my char and im being directed massively towards vers and crit now, after hitting around 21% haste. SC is showing my haste to be worth close to zero now ive hit that point. 
      Im simming around 330k and outdoing this a good bit, which is ok. 
      Ive recently got BiS legendary in the cloak, and not sure if i trust the SC weights anymore. 
      Im leaning to going pure haste > crit > verse > mastery, regardless of the weights in SC. 
      Anyone any advice or tips around this?
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Antipater/advanced - My Armoury
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Ionyxz/advanced - Highest DPS ranked ret pala. For stat comparisons. 

Cheers,
      Anti

• By Friedbones
      Hello all.  I was just reading up on what addons Icy Veins suggested and noticed AffDot was one of them for Affliction Warlock use.  However, when I took a look at the this addon at Curse, it shows it is really old and has not been updated for Legion, according the information at Curse.
      World of Warcraft    6,805 Monthly Downloads
      Supports: 6.0.31    004,921 Total Downloads
      Updated Feb 19, 2015    Created Nov 6, 2012
      Does anyone know if there is a replacement for this addon since it seems not to have been updated for some time?
      Thanks in advance for any info.

• By Treew
      Hello friends..  I Just want to be the best Fistweaver period.  But this art is harder than mistweaving and i cant find a real base to start with..  I know as Fistweaver i relly on keeping hots up.  But what is better for that mission?? Haste for Quick tics and low cast time? Versatility for more dps+raw heal?  Crit?? Mastery?? Please give me numbers..  How much %of haste..  Crit,  versa..  Etc should i have.  
      And what parts of my gear should i replace D; 

http://us.battle.net/wow/es/character/quelthalas/Alef/simple
      Stats for Fistweaving. 
      Stat1>stat2>stat3>stat4. 
      Stat 1 %  cap
      Stat 2 %  cap
      Gear we need.  And where to Get it.  
      Simple  rotation or priority ideas. 

Thanks in advance to all!!! :D

• By Assya
      Hello!
      I've been playing a bunch of mage recently to eventually find myself at 850 ilevel (down to 849 for stat purpose, I swapped an item for more haste and crit instead of mastery). However, since my last raid (yesterday), I feel like I might not be pulling enough damage for my ilevel so I'm looking for advices concerning the spec, rotation or stats. Further down, you're going to find my armory profile but I want to say it right here and now : I am aware that I'm overflowing with Mastery and I am currently working towards lowering that by a lot (if only gear would drop D:).

While we're here, I also wanted to hear about your thoughts on specs. I just did a Maw Mythic +4 and some people didn't seem to be happy when they saw that I was frost and told me they should've known before because of some AoE issue and damage in general. Could it be that Frost isn't as good as Simulationcraft says it is ? I roughly hit the 200k DPS mark and I find myself pretty low compared to some people. Maybe Fire is better? Or even Arcane (even though I find it disgusting...). What do y'all think?

Cheers!

Trial of Valor log, look for Assya : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pGd8rVCk1qQPFgKD/#fight=1&type=damage-done

Armory link : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Assya/advanced

EDIT : In case it shows Felo'melorn, I'll put this image of my actual stats with Frost spec because I tend to try the other specs sometimes...