Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

wow Warcraft Recap: Beta Patch Notes Update, New Models, Arena Tournament Details

1 post in this topic

New models, patch notes and more in this week's recap!

Even though all of the attention as of late has been on Hearthstone's Curse of Naxxramas adventure release, there's still some things to talk about in the World of Warcraft! We've updated our Warlords of Draenor Battle Pet Guide and Toy Box Guide with the latest Beta additions, so be sure to check them out!

This week brings another Warlords of Draenor Beta patch notes update, including a rather hefty batch of class changes (along with tons of newly datamined items and models). Speaking of models, Blizzard has revealed the updated female Tauren model this week, which is definitely looking to be a step in the right direction. Another Horde character, the male Undead, recently saw a model rework and the model is now available on the Warlords of Draenor website's model viewer. Blizzard has revealed new details about this year's Arena World Championship Tournament, which will take place at BlizzCon, including qualifier tournament information and the reveal of an epic $250,000 prize pool! Blizzard has also given us our first peek at the Azeroth Choppers Horde mount model and noted that every player who logs in between now and September 30th will automatically receive the mount after Warlords of Draenor's release. The mount will only be usable on Horde characters (sorry Alliance). Be sure to read more for all the details in this week's Warcraft recap!

Warlords of Draenor Beta Patch Notes Updated

The Warlords of Draenor Beta patch notes have ben updated with quite a few changes for nearly every class (including Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Warlock and Warrior). This patch brings a new Hunter aspect, Aspect of the Fox, which grants all affected players the ability to move while casting for 6 seconds and is on a 3 minute cooldown. Blizzard has also made additional adjustments to Balance Druids and the Eclipse mechanic, along with addition ability changes for Feral Druids. Despite all of the controversy, Heroic Strike has been removed from Fury Warriors and they will now be using Wild Strike as an excess rage dump. Additional notable changes include:
  • Thick Hide has been removed from Feral Druids, and Bear Form now increases armor by 600% but no longer increases Haste and Critical Strike from items by 50%. Instead, Haste will now reduce the global cooldown.
  • Mage's Ice Ward now causes the next three attackers to trigger a Frost Nova (up from 1).
  • Paladin's Eternal Flame has been tweaked to no longer provide such massive self-healing.
  • Warlock's Grimiore of Sacrifice has been replaced with Grimoire of Synergy. When the Warlock or their demon deals damage, there is a chance to trigger Demonic Synergy, granting the other one 15% increased damage for 15 seconds.
These aren't all the changes in this latest patch, so be sure to check out MMO-Champion for a patch notes excerpt including only the changed/updated notes. As always, the full updated patch notes are available on the World of Warcraft website.

Latest Patch 5.4.8 Hotfixes

It's been an incredibly long time since the last live server hotfixes were posted (on June 24th, to be exact), but just a few days ago Blizzard has taken the time to put a stop to the tyranny of Kurtok the Slayer, bane of low level Alliance players. Kurtok, a level 5 quest mob, has had his health has been reduced to 245 from 408. Not what I would have expected after a month of no other changes, but it is likely a welcome change for new players who aren't all decked out on Heirlooms (they do exist)!

Blizzard Icon 5.4.8 Hotfixes - July 22

July 22

• Kurtok the Slayer's health has been reduced to be slightly less menacing to the denizens of Northshire.

New Artcraft Spotlights Updated Female Tauren Model

Blizzard has published their latest Artcraft article, this time showing off their progress with the new female Tauren model! I've been a female Tauren for over 9 years now, so this is an update that hits quite close to home and I'm fairly content with the changes. You can't really complain too much when you compare it to the current state of things. The female Tauren sees an update similar to the male Tauren (naturally), with improved body structure, fur texturing, and smaller hands. She may not be as feminine as I'd like, but we'll have to see what things look like when the expansion is ready! There have been some great community modifications proposed by a few players on Tumblr, let's hope Blizzard is taking suggestions! Be sure to check out this beautiful bovine babe in Blizzard's latest Artcraft blog!

Blizzard's Character Model Viewer Updated With Male Undead Model

Blizzard has updated their Warlords of Draenor site's model viewer with the new male Undead model. Of course, you can also check it out (and try on armor) on WoWDB. The high definition textures and model work breath new life (er... death?) into the model, but many players seeme focused on expressing their hatred for the oddly protruding shoulder bones, citing that they are horribly anatomically incorrect. How important is that to Blizzard? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Azeroth Horde Chopper Added, But Not Really (Yet)

Blizzard has strangely published a blog announcing that the Azeroth Choppers winning Horde chopper is on its way. Apparently, the mount will not actually be available until the release of Warlords of Draenor, but Blizzard advised that players should log in now to have their "account flagged" to receive the chopper upon WoD's release. Please be aware that there's no achievement or indication that your account has actually been flagged for anything. However, as long as you play WoW some time between now and September 30th, you should be fine. The mount will be available to (and able to be ridden by) Horde characters only. Like everything Blizzard has done in the past few months, the faction-specific reward has been greatly criticized, so we'll see if Blizzard decides to stand their ground on this decision. Maybe they'll have time before the expansion hits to work on making an in-game version of the Alliance mount.

2014 World of Warcraft Arena Tournament Details

Blizzard has announced a $250,000 prize pool for the World of Warcraft Arena Invitational Global World Championship taking place November 7 and 8 at BlizzCon 2014. The top eight 3v3 Arena teams from around the globe will battle for the first place prize of $120,000 and the title of World Champion. They have also revealed details of the North American Arena Tournament which will decide the three teams that will go on to participate in the 2014 BlizzCon Arena World Championship! Blizzard has announced few changes to the arena system in Warlords of Draenor, described in this blog, including some major changes that will help make WoW Arenas more of a spectator sport. It will be interesting to see what direction they take towards increasing the popularity of World of Warcraft as a professional esport. There's no doubt that there is an absolutely massive community of PVPers out there, so here's hoping they get more love!
1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      I had this new gold flipping idea today that involves the Spirit of Harmony Trader Danky. He offers a variety of MoP reagents and you can buy Spirit of Harmony in the Auction House.
      For this method, I was comparing prices of my realm, which is US-Illidan (Oct 24)
      Filtering the Goods
      First of all, Spirit of Harmony needs to be up in the Auction House for a reasonable price. I got 1x for 150g, which is perfectly fine.
      I've checked my realm for goods offered by the vendor in exchange for a single Spirit of Harmony and found that I will be operating with the following:
      Green color indicates profit per 1x Spirit of Harmony spent (given I've purchased one for 150g).
      Red color indicates current prices of exchanged goods on my realm US-Illidan (in case I'd decide to sell right away).
      5x Black Trillium Ore (46.43g/pc)*5 > 232.15g (+81.15g) 5x White Trillium Ore (38.75g/pc)*5 > 193.75g (+43,75g) 20x Ghost Iron Ore (6.75g/pc) I have Mining, so I'm smelting them into 10x Ghost Iron Bars (23.49g/pc) > 234.9g (+84.9g). Note that the vendor sells a lot of other goods and its up to you to compare your realm's prices to what is worth your exchange. Like, for me, spending spirits on 20x Kyparite is a bad idea, because I've bought a Spirit of Harmony for 150g and the twenty ores are priced 2.7g each.
      What Next?
      Good question. I've been doing a little research on what is and isn't worth it. I came to the following conclusions:
      Prospecting the items would be a bad idea in both cases and would bring either no or RNG-based income. Prospecting 5x Ghost Iron Ore will yield 1-2 green MoP gems most of the time (5% chance to prospect MoP rare gems), which are worth only a few gold. e.g. Alexandrite worth 7.65g/pc, Pandarian Garnet worth 6.8g/pc, Roguestone worth 2.95g/pc, Tiger Opal worth 3g/pc, Lapis Lazuli worth 1.94g/pc and finally Sunstone worth 8.09g. Prospecting 5x Black Trillium Ore or 5x White Trillium Ore will give 1-2 rare MoP gems (17% chance), which isn't worth it, compared to the AH price of both items. Even though rare MoP gems are still a desirable commodity, because Jewelcrafters use them for various panther mounts, e.g. Primordial Ruby (155.56g) > Ruby Panther. Smelt Ghost Iron is good as it gives our Ghost Iron Ore a lot more value (as seen above). Ghost Iron Bars are used in Blacksmithing / Engineering to craft various rare items. 5x Ghost Iron Bars are needed to craft Contender's Spirit Bracers (646.88g) or Contender's Revenant Bracers (674.77g). You can craft 2 of these items for a single Spirit of Harmony. Smelt Trillium also gives our Black Trillium Ore & White Trillium Ore more value. We need two of each (that's 170,36g) to craft a single Trillium Bar (179.75g - currently the price is somewhat low, was 214g an hour ago). Sales

So I came to the conclusion that I should sell raw Black Trillium Ore  if I wanted to make profit and don't have Mining. (Note that the ore prices vary per realm and selling Black Trillium Ore only could lead to a decrease in their overall price, which is why I like to sell various good types, hence smelt them).If you have Mining, sell Trillium Bars. There's nothing bad by smelting the ores into Ghost Iron Bars and sell. If you happen to have Blacksmithing, you could sell even gear produced from the bars.
    • By Starym
      7.1 is here tomorrow, but when is Trial of Valor opening? Blizzard give us a preview of the raid as well as the release schedule. It'll take a while before we get in there, but it'll be worth it to finally finish the job we started in both Halls of Valor and Maw of Souls!
      Since Loken’s betrayal, Odyn has been trapped within the Halls of Valor as Helya plots in the shadows to claim the souls of his valarjar champions. In recent days, however, great heroes have arrived in the lands of Stormheim in the Legion’s wake. Hoping that their might and determination could tip the scales and end Helya’s reign, Odyn summons these champions for a final test.
      Helheim was just the beginning of Helya’s bid for the souls of the valarjar champions and her machinations for Odyn. In the new raid dungeon, Trial of Valor, Azeroth’s heroes will be able to journey further into this tale of betrayal when the doors open on November 8.
      Developer Insights: The idea for this raid was hatched during development of our Halls of Valor and Maw of Souls dungeons, and as we were playing through the zone of Stormheim internally. We had established both Odyn and Helya as titanic figures that couldn’t be completely vanquished by a 5-player group, and during questing players could only hope to sneak past the guardian Guarm through deception. In the past, we have at times failed to resolve minor plot arcs like this, and we wanted to make sure that we didn’t repeat that mistake here. Mechanically, Trial of Valor is positioned as an interlude between the Emerald Nightmare and the upcoming Nighthold raid, offering a new challenge that complements the Emerald Nightmare without obsoleting its rewards.
      Minimum Level: 110
      Bosses: 3
      Odyn: In ages past, Odyn led the titan-forged armies against the Black Empire of the Old Gods. For millennia he has been confined to the Halls of Valor by the curse of his bitter nemesis, Helya. Odyn seeks mortal champions to vanquish the ruler of Helheim and secure his freedom.
      Guarm: Helya’s vicious three-headed hound stands guard at the gates of Helheim. Bred to require neither comfort nor sleep, Guarm remains ever-watchful for any invaders who come to challenge the reign of his cruel mistress.
      Helya: Though she once served as Odyn’s right hand, the vengeful Helya will stop at nothing to ensure that her ancient curse binds the titan keeper to the Halls of Valor. No longer satisfied with ruling her shadowy realm, Helya now commands her vast kvaldir army to plague the lands of the living.
      Raid Unlock Schedule
      November 8 - Normal and Heroic
      November 15- Mythic and Raid Finder
    • By Stan
      Learn everything about Patch 7.1 in our own Survival Guide!
      In preparation for the 7.1 release, we've been busy working around the clock to preview everything what the new patch contains. Here's our own survival guide!
      Alt-Friendly Changes No need to be Friendly to unlock World Quests. Falcosaur Pets & Mounts A new rare breed of falcosaurs can be adopted as pets. New Adventures in the Broken Isles New pets to earn, Alcaz Isle is getting new content, hunters will be able to tame mechanospiders. Professions
      Blood of Sargeras Trader & New Profession Recipes Preview of the trader along with new recipes for your profession to pick up. Raids
      Trial of Valor New world quests, encounter previews, loot tables. Karazhan Is making a glorious return as a 5-player "raid". Encounters & loot tables. Nightbane 9th Boss Rumor has it that Karazhan will feature Nightbane as a secret boss. Quests
      Illidan's Story Illidan's story continues to unravel with two new quests. Suramar Campaign Quests Suramar is in danger and the elven races must unite for a common purpose. PvP
      PvP Reward Changes Many reward changes are coming in the latest patch. Nagrand Arena Visual Update Nagrand Arena receives a facelift. Reputations
      Talon's Vengeance Preview of the new PvP reputation in the Broken Isles, including rewards. Misc
      Action Camera Returning The Action Camera makes a glorious return!
    • By Starym
      Trailer for an upcoming Emerald Nightmare guild movie by Taiwanese player Bucc looks plenty impressive.
      With 7.1 just around the corner and Trial of Valor soon after, the timing of this video is pretty good as we get to look back on the first raid of Legion in a pretty short format. The "Fight for the Dream" trailer comes to us from Bucc, from the Taiwanese servers and is an intro to his guild's upcoming full Emerald Nightmare "movie", and is pretty great!
      Thanks to mrazgrass  on reddit for pointing the vid out!
    • By Stan
      Patch 7.1 delivers some nice changes for alts! The first one is related to Suramar dungeons that have a reputation requirement, while the other one deals with World Quests.
      In Patch 7.1, the Arcway & the Court of Stars will be accessible to all your alts if you unlock them on your main character. The reputation requirement to start the quest for both dungeons is 8,000/12,000 Honored reputation with The Nightfallen. The second change is related to World Quests.
      You won't need to attain Friendly reputation with Legion factions on secondary characters to unlock World Quests. After reaching Level 110, you can go straight to Dalaran, talk to Archmage Khadgar who gives you Flight Master's Whistle. The Blood of Sargeras trader Illnea Bloodthorn now sells Order Resources Cache. It's BoA so it may be relevant to your alt.
      Some other things I'd like to see implemented that would improve alt quality of life:
      Account-wide reputation, or the Mists of Pandaria reputation system; you bought a tome to increase reputation gain for your alts by a % after reaching Exalted with a faction "the regular way" on your main. Shared Artifact Power or Artifact Knowledge. Are you currently playing an alt or are you still busy with your main?