FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oreoxd

WoD Beta Tracking Topic: Paladin

Basically a topic for the paladin community to post their thoughts on paladin beta changes, share information, crunch numbers, and overall showing how paladins are performing to date on the Warlords Beta.

Example, did an 8 minute test dummy on my level 90 copied paladin, and saw something I found interesting, to say the least. 

WSXYLlg.png

My auto attacks both out damaged and out numbered any skill I used. And hand of light trumped any other damage by quite a bit.

Edit: That's not to say hand of light's damage is surprising compared to now, I just figured they'd tune it down so it wasn't trumping everything still.

This is also unbuffed.

23.5% crit

36.9% haste

61.4% mastery

Edit: Did some beta raid testing today with Geo and Gwen and krazy! Will share logs and numbers later!

Here's a link to our beta test on twin ogron. My basic testing was with the lvl 100 talents (since they kept resetting on death) http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CHR6j3cNK42VqxGZ#type=damage-done&fight=2&source=34

The first 2 fights have me with FV (final verdict), it seemed like a decent mid power talent with minimal worry about rotation or keeping buffs up.

I did a fight with seraphim, but honestly it was, currently, too difficult to maintain the thought of when to build up the hp outside of burst, to put it on.

Finally I used ES, which was where I found I could pull decently better numbers while also struggling to maintain the buffs, which leads me to believe that with the right balance it could easily be a high power talent. 

Edited by Auriel
  • Like 3

This will be my overall analysis of Holy Paladin healing in WoD. I'll post more details when I have time to analyse my logs. I will say that healing is very fun so far in the beta testing. The style is similar but definitely requires you to prepare for incoming damage.

• Like 1

I noticed that you were barely touching your mana during our raid testing, care to branch more on that subject?

I noticed that you were barely touching your mana during our raid testing, care to branch more on that subject?

Yup. While some of the healers during the Beta testing were going oom, I chose to take the reactive healing approach and see how much mana I could keep while staying competitive on the HPS meters. I knew that the new style of healing was to keep players between 0-100% HP, there was always going to be "things to heal". I tried to choose my spells more systematically knowing that most of the spells have a 1.5 second cast and not instant (Word of Glory and Light of Dawn standing out the most). 

Again, I haven't checked logs yet today since I've been in training all day at work. I'm assuming based on the quick glance of Skada during beta testing that I was only 5-10% maximum off from the top healer.. while having close to 80% to their 0-5% mana.. I think I did pretty good. 

• Like 2

I should really get off my butt and work on the Beta. There's definitely work I need to do, though with only minor class changes I'm not entirely worried yet.

I'd say the changes have been a lot more than minor. It's a completely different playstyle

I don't know if I'd agree for Prot. Seals will switch the rotation, Seraphim will just mean holding to 5 HP for a massive CD, in which your rotation will become heroism style. Holy Shield wont change anything.

Theres gonna be some filler changes, and perhaps some details to work out, but overall prot got small changes in very good ways.

prot feels a lot faster paced for me, like I have to use defensives a lot more. that could just be me though,also the healing/absorb buff is interesting to mess with

Build 18663 

Spells
Changes

• inv_hammer_11.gif Jailor's Judgment: 
    New name : Jailor's Judgment
    Sends the enemy Player straight to your faction's Prison.Stuns the target Player for 6 sec. If the judgment holds for 6 sec, the enemy will be instantly teleported to your jail.
  • spell_holy_healingaura.gif Seal of Insight: Fills you with Holy Light, increasing healing done by 5% and giving melee attacks a chance to heal you for (0.236 * Attack power + 0.236 * Spell power).16% of Spell power).

Talents and Specialization
New

• Blinding Light: Emits a dazzling light in all directions, blinding enemies within 10 yards, causing them to wander disoriented for 6 sec.

Changes

Holy

• ability_paladin_beaconsoflight.gif Beacon of Faith: Mark a second target as a Beacon, mimicking the effects of Beacon of Light. Beacon of LightYour heals, including multistrikes, on other party or raid members will also heal the Beacon of Light target for up to 50% of the amount healed. Your Flash of Light and Holy Light on the Beacon of Light target will also generate 1 Holy Power.

Retribution

• ability_paladin_finalverdict.gif Final Verdict: Empowers your weapon with holy energy, and performs a devastating strike, dealing 280% Holydamage.While Seal of Righteousness is active, Final Verdict will also deal 50% as much damage to all other enemies near the target.Replaces Templar's Verdict.damage.Also increases the damage and radius of your next Divine Storm by 100%.Replaces Templar's Verdict.

Holy

• ability_paladin_beaconoflight.gif Beacon of Light: Your heals, including multistrikes, on other party or raid members will also heal the Beacon of Light target for up to 50% of the amount healed. Your Flash of Light and Holy Light on the Beacon of Light target will also generate 1 Holy Power.
  • spell_holy_flashheal.gif Flash of Light: Cost reduced from 23% base mana to 20.7% base mana.
  • spell_holy_surgeoflight.gif Holy Light: Cost reduced from 11.5% base mana to 10.4% base mana.
  • spell_paladin_divinecircle.gif Holy Radiance:Cost reduced from 44% base mana to 35.6% base mana.
  • spell_holy_searinglight.gif Holy Shock: Cost reduced from 7.1% base mana to 6.4% base mana.
  • spell_holy_absolution.gif Mastery: Illuminated Healing: Your healing spells and their multistrikes also place an absorb shield on your target for 10% of the amount healed lasting 15 sec. Does not trigger from healing caused by Beacon of Light.

Protection

• spell_holy_innerfire.gif Consecration: Consecrates the land beneath you, causing [(16.76%33.52% of Attack power) * 9] Holy damage over 9 sec to enemies who enter the area.
  • spell_holy_flashheal.gif Flash of Light: Cost reduced from 23% base mana to 20.7% base mana.
  • achievment_raid_houroftwilight.gif Shining Protector: All heals you receive, including multistrikes, have a chance equal to your multistrike chance to trigger Shining Protector, healing you for an additional 30% of the triggering heal.

Retribution

Glyphs
Changes

Build 18689 (Most Recent)

Spells
Changes

• spell_holy_crusaderstrike.gif Crusader Strike: An instant strike that causes 100%120% Physical damage.
  • spell_holy_righteousfury.gif Judgment: Causes (50.21%60.252% of Spell power + 60.3%72.36% of Attack power) Holy damage . Requires an active Seal to cast.

Talents and Specialization
Changes

• inv_torch_thrown.gif Eternal Flame: Consumes up to 3 Holy Power to heal an ally for up to (264.591% of Spell power) and an additional (16.0285% of Spell power) every 2 sec for up to 30 sec. Healing over time increased by 50% when cast on self.Replaces Word of Glory.

Protection

• ability_paladin_empoweredseals.gif Empowered Seals: Your Seals also cause your Judgment to empower you with an additional beneficial effect which persists through changing Seals:Judgment of JusticeIncreases your movement speed by 20% for 20 sec.Judgment of InsightHeals you for 3%1% of your maximum health every 2 sec for 20 sec.Judgment of RighteousnessIncreases your attack speed by 30% for 20 sec.Judgment of TruthIncreases your attack power by 15% for 20 sec.

Retribution

• ability_paladin_empoweredseals.gif Empowered Seals: Your Seals also cause your Judgment to empower you with an additional beneficial effect which persists through changing Seals:Judgment of JusticeIncreases your movement speed by 20% for 20 sec.Judgment of InsightHeals you for 3%1% of your maximum health every 2 sec for 20 sec.Judgment of RighteousnessIncreases your attack speed by 30% for 20 sec.Judgment of TruthIncreases your attack power by 15% for 20 sec.

Holy

• spell_holy_purifyingpower.gif Denounce: Casts down the enemy with a bolt of Holy Light, causing (91.5%109.8% of Spell power) Holy damage and preventing the target from causing critical effects for the next 4 sec.
  • spell_holy_flashheal.gif Flash of Light: Heals a friendly target for (185.304%222.365% of Spell power).
  • spell_holy_surgeoflight.gif Holy Light: Heals a friendly target for (185.304%222.365% of Spell power).
  • spell_holy_crusade.gif Supplication: For 8 sec after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honor, your next Flash of Light will be increased by100% and has 50%50% and has 100% increased critical strike chance.

Protection

• spell_holy_flashheal.gif Flash of Light: Heals a friendly target for (185.304%222.365% of Spell power).
  • ability_paladin_hammeroftherighteous.gif Hammer of the Righteous: Hammer the current target for 35%42% Physical damage, causing a wave of light that hits all other targets within 8 yards for 20%24% Holy damage. Grants 1 Holy Power.
  • spell_holy_sealofvengeance.gif Seal of Truth: Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 12% additional Holy damage and apply Censure to the target.Replaces Seal of Command.CensureDeals [(5.148%6.1776% of Spell power) * 5] additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

Retribution

• spell_holy_avenginewrath.gif Avenging Wrath: Increases all damage and healing caused by 20% for 20 sec.
  • spell_holy_excorcism_02.gif Exorcism: Blasts the target with Holy Light, causing (117.1%140.52% of Attack power) Holy damage and generating 1 Holy Power.Your autoattacks have a 20% chance of resetting the cooldown of your Exorcism.
  • ability_paladin_hammeroftherighteous.gif Hammer of the Righteous: Hammer the current target for 35%42% Physical damage, causing a wave of light that hits all other targets within 8 yards for 20%24% Holy damage. Grants 1 Holy Power.
  • spell_holy_sealofvengeance.gif Seal of Truth: Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 12% additional Holy damage and apply Censure to the target.Replaces Seal of Command.CensureDeals [(5.148%6.1776% of Spell power) * 5] additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
  • spell_holy_crusade.gif Supplication: For 8 sec after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honor, your next Flash of Light will be increased by100% and has 50%50% and has 100% increased critical strike chance.

Perks
New
Retribution

• achievement_dungeon_ulduarraid_misc_03.g Empowered Divine Storm: Holy Power consumers have a 25% chance to make your next Divine Storm free and deal 50% more damage.

Plenty of changes have happened, especially in the direction of ret. Direct buffs to damage and healing, our t16 4pc has become a passive, which is AWESOME, using FV will let us have a wider aoe range, I think that would make FV boss with DP. Exo got a huge nerf, it's now baseline awful. 

Empowered Seals: Insight got a slight nerf, this was due to pvp where it was really a little bit OP. We can also cast a lot more FoLs as ret :D I'm super happy with that. 

Glyph of Avenging Wrath got nerfed, now it's not really very useful. still.

New Update:

JHkZEKH.png

This is a big deal, especially for progression, pvp, everything, now I can make sac macros for everything!

It's a very exciting and a long needed change, there's no reason to have a defensive we can't use ourselves on a global.

• Like 1

Yeah, taking it off GCD will help tremendously. I know on a personal level I am very quick with giving out all hand spells to the raid team that calls for it. But if I'm in the middle of a cast and need to move to cancel, wait for the 1 sec GCD and then use the ability.. that could be life and death during a progression fight.

Good stuff. This is a nice subtle change.

• Like 1

Thinking of it from a Holy standpoint makes this even more helpful considering the replacement of instant casts such as Word of Glory and Light of Dawn with 1.5sec cast.

I have Sac macro'd to my focus which is my co-tank and since we're on vent and are familiar with the fights it pretty much is an extension of his survival cooldowns, this change means that it would not affect my 'rotation' at all and completely be his cooldown that I happen to need to press.

Yeah, it's really effective for that. The glyph really makes it feel OP, since it's so strong too.

I thought this was an interesting change for Holy since I was raiding seriously as Holy in Cata when we first got Holy Power and we had the HoPo generation from Tower of Radiance. I especially remember that Holy Light used to proc it and was so powerful, crazy mana efficient and deservedly balanced.

With supposedly less on demand HoPo generation I'd imagine they would need increase the potency of the 'finishers' to make them seem like a worthwhile reward for building up points. If the finishers are not more powerful by comparison then I think it'll make them feel lackluster and take away the feeling of a fun/interesting mechanic.

The new effect will be to return 40% of the mana spent on Flash of Light or Holy Light when cast on the Beacon. I think this reduces the utility because HoPo can be used for any target or aoe, and this mechanic just gives you mana efficient Beacon healing, giving you mana for other healing spells that cost mana, This should make tank healing very efficient for Paladins when a single tank is taking damage, otherwise Beacon can be used normally for transferred offheals.

Holy Changes

Edited by Boltt