FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Salyis's Warband

Any idea about respawn timers? Also I assume that you can only loot once per week, but can kill as many times as you like, in the same vein as LFR.

Yes,

as the previous poster said the spawn patterns are something I'd like to know. Then there are some other details the guide doesn't cover:

1) Because the boss is not instanced I believe that there can be several raid groups at the same time. Will beating the boss give loot to all raid groups?

2) The guide lists the loot table but doesn't tell how many items drop from a kill. So is it a LFR style "automatic" looting? If not will the size of your raid group affect the amount of loot? Will the amount of raid groups affect this?

Any idea about respawn timers? Also I assume that you can only loot once per week, but can kill as many times as you like, in the same vein as LFR.

Information on the boss' respawn timers is rather vague, but on the Beta it was, I believe, 2-3 days.

Also, it is my understanding, and I've seen nothing to the contrary, that:

• You cannot queue for this boss in the LFR tool. The only way to kill it is to manually form a raid and go out into the world and attack it.
  • The looting of the boss works on the LFR principle (personal loot), in the way that it is going to be implemented in Mists of Pandaria. This is to say that you have a chance of being awarded a spec-appropriate item, without the need to roll. More information on that can be found here.
  • I am not aware on any restrictions about looting the boss more than once a week. It seems counter-intuitive to place such a restriction, but it may be a by-product of the personal loot system.
If you, or anyone else, has more information about these aspects, post them here so we can update the guide :)

Yes,

as the previous poster said the spawn patterns are something I'd like to know. Then there are some other details the guide doesn't cover:

1) Because the boss is not instanced I believe that there can be several raid groups at the same time. Will beating the boss give loot to all raid groups?

2) The guide lists the loot table but doesn't tell how many items drop from a kill. So is it a LFR style "automatic" looting? If not will the size of your raid group affect the amount of loot? Will the amount of raid groups affect this?

Regarding point 1), we did cover this in the guide (though, admittedly, not in the most emphatic way) in section 7. Several raid groups can damage the boss simultaneously, but only the members of the raid group that tagged the boss will be eligible for loot. So, given this and the high respawn time, there is definitely going to be competition for tagging and killing the boss.

Regarding point 2), I've just answered above (before seeing your post). It is LFR style automatic thing (they seem to be calling it personal loot), so the raid size does not affect your chances of getting an item.

Guest André

I found the guide very informative, and I hope that does not change much after the release of MoP. I took the liberty of translating it into my native language (Portuguese-Brazil), and certainly point out the credits.

I found the guide very informative, and I hope that does not change much after the release of MoP. I took the liberty of translating it into my native language (Portuguese-Brazil), and certainly point out the credits.

If you give us the link to your translation, we can include it in the guide. :)

Guest The Stabbiest Rogue

He does have an enrage, it's just absurdly long and generally a non-issue. We hit it because we were being silly and 22-manning it (he was at 4% when he enraged, to give you an idea). It seemed like a 15 minute enrage, but it was tough to tell; I know we lusted twice.

Respawn timer is 24-36h atm, at least on my realm.

I can confirm the minimum time of 24 hours, as he spawned on both tuesday and Wednesday on Moon Guard. as for the maximum, its still to early to decide..

It's a damn shame but this guy seems to have been nerfed out of the game... with no announcement that I ever came across. I DID get one shot at him, back in the beginning of November, but nada since then. I DID catch an elliptical remark that he MAY come back in 5.2.

On Mal'Ganis - US, Goon Squad usually shows their true worth and gets a tag and refuses to share it. They then brag about their 496 gear that no longer means anything as it can be easily obtained by more proven methods. If tag-sharing was done appropriately by cooperative players, Galleon wouldn't be such a coveted event, much like Sha of Anger is no longer. In 5.2, the new world bosses won't require you to be in any type of group...you will just attack it, get tag, and get loot.

That said, there is a Galleon thread on the Mal'Ganis forums that logs spawns, kills, etc. Might be the best source of real data unelss someone has other means. I know he spawned at some point last week...I just no longer care to fight for a carrot that is easier obtained elsewhere.

• Like 1