[Holy] Logs: Am I Heroic Ready?

6 posts in this topic

Upload this to warcraftlogs. WoL is outdated and impossible to read by comparison.

And please remove the unnecessary poll... I'm so tempted to tick every single box every time I see this.

Edited by AMonkeyCourier

Hi Redrius,

Thanks for posting on the Icy-Veins Paladin forums! It's great to know that players of every skill level use these forums for help and discussion for their healing, tanking and DPS needs. 

As a member of the community, I ask that you give a bit more detail on the help needed on this post. While the title does give the direct question being asked, you only posted 1 link of the first 6 bosses on normal mode SoO. It would be helpful if you could give us direct links to a full SoO clear on normal mode rather than us trying to dig through your raid calendar. 

I'd also request that you post your armory for easy reference on your ilvl, enchants, gems and reforging style. Along with that, telling us your current healing style (EF or SH), healing composition and any other detail needed to help analyze your request would help tremendously in our review. I could give you feedback on the little I know from a non descriptive post, but it wouldn't be accurate considering this is only an analysis of a partial raid without the knowledge of even a normal Garrosh kill.

Basically, more information to help us on our review would help give us an easier review of whether or not you're heroic ready.

Thanks! :)

1 person likes this

For my armory, here is the link:

Logs from today:

Logs from Warcraftlogs:

Also, Malkorok to Garrosh:

Also, I am currently speced into EF because i'm primarily tank healing. I'm going to start experimenting on some fights with SH. All feedback is helpful whether positive or negative, thank you for you're time and consideration.

Edited by Redrius

Your armory link is broken.. I believe this is the right one?

Right off the bat:

• If you're going to use Eternal Flame, make sure you try to have a 100% uptime. If all else fails, at least have it rolling on the tanks at all times. 
  • On Thok, Selfless Healer trumps EF. As you notice, your EF usage was only 2% of your entire healing. I've posted a few threads on how I feel SH should be used and it may help in your learning on the style.
  • If you want to become a Heroic healer.. you need to start using your offensive cooldowns more. Divine Favor, Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger (if specced) and Guardian are all great CD's and need to be used to keep up with the damage that heroic content provides. Since you have your 4 piece, your DF is already reduced by 60 seconds.. make sure you use it! :D
  • Personally, I don't think Divine Purpose is that good of a talent for healing. Holy Avenger is guaranteed 3 Holy Power charges and it's a CD that you can control. RNG + Healing = #losing
  • Since you are completely reforging out of spirit, I would look into taking out the spirit gem on your ring (giving you +spirit socket bonus) and putting in another gem.. looks like int/mastery is your target.

Even if the healing is easy right now, it doesn't give you an excuse to slack on the healing. As content becomes more on farm, healing overall will become easier. This is your time to push yourself even more to see how much you can put up some BIG NUMBA. CD's will play a huge factor in your move to heroic.. I suggest starting to work on it now before you start struggling later.

1 person likes this

Thank you so much for the feedback! It is very much appreciated, The last few logs from malkorok to garrosh were all earlier and that was when I was told by my raid leader to start using CD's more. With that being said, the more recent logs shows what I actually use and how I use it. I think we will be doing a full clear after they down heroic Malkorok and possibly Spoils, so that would give me the perfect opportunity to try SH instead of EF. Once again, thank you so much for the feedback and I should have logs up within the next few days!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PurpleSector
      Currently seeking
      We are looking to bolster our damage dealer ranks in general, primarily with ranged DPS. We specifically lack a shadow priest this expansion, but any applicants of any class will be considered. 

Who are we?
      <Andromeda> is a friendly, social guild which raids 2 nights per week (Tuesdays and Sundays). We cleared each instance on heroic in WoD, and are looking to do the same in Legion. We are composed of a tight-knit group of old friends, most of whom have played together since vanilla or early expansions. A lot of us are former hardcore raiders, but are now pursuing a more relaxed and fun approach to raiding and WoW in general. We like to organise other activities within the guild aside from raiding, like mythic+ runs and the occasional IRL meetup. Guild chat is pretty active, and we like to have a laugh together. 

Many of our members have variable work commitments (travel abroad for work, rotas (e.g. doctors/EMTs etc)) and we appreciate this is reflective of the wider community. As such, we try to facilitate a flexible approach to raiding, with no minimum attendance. 

What would be expected of you?
      What we do ask is that people are familiar with tactics, have fully gemmed/enchanted their gear, bring flasks, runes and food. However, further to the above, we keep the guildbank stocked with free-of-charge "emergency" consumables to help those with busy schedules focus on the fun side of raiding. 

Raid times
      Tuesdays 20:30-23:00 (option to extend by 30mins if all agreed)
      Sundays 20:00-23:00

Where do I sign up?!
      We are based on the Stormrage side of the server merge. If you are based on Stomrage/Azuremyst just whisper one of our members and ask to be pointed towards an officer (or whisper Garantine, Jaegra, Cainwyn, Fafnesdotter directly).
    • By Starym
      The Spire awaits and we have the goods to get you through it!
      It's time to visit the Spire as this adventure concludes. Both the Normal and Heroic guides are ready!
      The fourth and final wing has been opened in Karazhan and Icy Veins has got the guides to get you through it! The Spire awaits, its three bosses just waiting to be conquered and here is the tool you'll need for that job:
      General One night in Karazhan guide - an overview of the entire adventure
      Shade of Aran guide - Normal and Heroic
      Netherspite guide - Normal and Heroic
      Free Medivh! guide - Normal and Heroic
    • By dasangrypanda
      <Currently Online> US - Sargeras - Alliance - Is recruiting players for 7 raid teams, 2 RBG teams, and social/casual players of all levels!
      **About Us:**
      <Currently Online> Now the largest World Of Warcraft guild in the world! Formed at the beginning of MoP by a core group of players that have been around since Vanilla, we are more than just a guild; We are a gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. Take a look at what we can offer!
      **What We Offer:**
      We are the largest and most active guild **IN THE WORLD.** With a roster of nearly 9,000 players, spread over 10 guilds with connected chats, you'll never have to say "There's nothing to do." 
      In addition to a slate of activities that you will find listed below, we also have the most professionally organized guild in World Of Warcraft. 
      Our 35 staff members and team leaders work tirelessly around the clock to ensure that your CoGuild experience is the best it can be! Here you can rest easy knowing that we are making a full list of events for you to enjoy, moderating chat, and providing an incredible gaming experience for our members.
      *In WoW:*
      * 7 Raid Teams - Ranging in difficulty from normal, to mythic.
      * 11/13 Mythic Progression.
      * 2 PvP RBG Teams.
      * Room for advancement as a staff member.
      * Always active guild chat - 10 guilds linked via in-game addon.
      * In-game activities and competitions: Mog contests, races, mythic dungeons, achievement runs, PvP tournaments, and more!
      *Out of WoW:*
      * Minecraft Server
      * Communities on Steam, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit.
      * Awesome CoGuild merchandise like; Shirts, Hoodies, and more.
      * Battlefield Clan
      * Runescape Clan
      * CoD Clan
      * Destiny Clan
      * FFXIV Company
      * Game Marathon Weekends: Rust, Hurtworld, 7D2D, Rocket League, Tabletop Sim, and countless others.
      * Always active Discord voice server. 
      * Movie Nights
      **More Information:**
      <Currently Online> Has something to offer for everyone, if you are a hardcore raider or a hardcore casual, you can find a place here at CoGuild; leave your dying guild behind, and come have fun again! If you want more information about our group you can visit us at our website: .
      **Contact Us:**
      You can contact us a number of ways! 
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag list:
      Email us at:
      We hope to see everyone in game!
    • By Imortalfrost
      Our goal is Full clearing heroics and pushing into mythics.
      Starting on normal going into heroic HFC. Tuesdays and Fridays 8pm est to 11pm est.  Current progression 11/13n.
      We are recruiting the following:
      Plate Tank
      Paladin healer
      DK dps
      Boomkin dps
      Shaman dps
      Warlock dps
      Hunter dps
      Paladin dps
      What We Expect Out of Our Recruits:
      First, we expect our recruits to know their class fairly well. They should also have a good grasp of the encounters. Knowledge is power as the saying goes.
      Second, we expect almost perfect attendance and punctuality from our recruits. Recruits can miss 1-2 days out of the month. They shouldn't be late though, we strive to start raid at 8:00 on the dot.
      Third, we expect our recruits to be able to take criticism without making a fuss. We won't ever attack recruits for making mistakes, but we will politely let them know of their blunders.
      Finally, our guild/raid chat can get spicy sometimes, its very adult oriented, we expect our recruits to be a to handle our conversations and not become offended.
      Addons we require:
      Exorsus Raid Tools
      Please feel free to add <imortalfrost#1537> for questions and apply at
    • By prancy
      <Whose Lane is it Anyway> is a casual guild raiding normal and heroic content two nights a week. Our core leadership are veterans of progression raiding who love the game and love pushing our limits within limited time. Normal/Heroic flex groups allow us to accommodate a "less hardcore" raid structure while still providing our members with challenging and interesting content. We're here to enjoy the game and provide a constructive and supportive location to see the awesome experience that is end game WoW content!
      We live on US-Darkspear, alliance side. Darkspear is the 3rd largest Alliance population in the US and is know as a hub for high profile PvPers. At one point a large Horde multiboxer played on our server but he has since moved on and no longer terrorizes Alliance hubs. Darkspear is ranked 70th for PvE progression on wowprogress. 
      Our raid nights are Sunday and Monday, from 7pm to 10pm Mountain time. Your attendance is by no means required, we're not hardcore pushing progression (at least for WoD), we're aiming to enjoy the content. With that in mind make sure you sign up for events through the in-game calendar to ensure you have a spot. There is a hard limit of 30 people per raid. Raiders are provided with flask, potions, food, augment runes, and a repair stipend for all official guild raids. As a casual raiding guild we aim to accommodate whatever character you want to play. Above all else, we're doing this to enjoy ourselves. The more raid ready roles/characters you bring to the table the better! As for our current important recruitment needs, we are looking for another dedicated tank, and 1-2 dedicated core healers. We're always recruiting members for all roles though so don't let that discourage you.
      Thanks for your time, please feel free to contact Andrew (Battletag Prancy#1653) with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you and raiding with you soon!