FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

New Beta Build - and a new Talent!

Lot of number tweeks, all buffs.

NEW TALENT: 

• Searing Flames (New) Ember Tap causes 50% more healing, and costs 50% fewer Burning Embers. Warlock - LvL 15 Talent. 40 yd range.

duck-im-so-excited-meme_61.gif

*Disclaimer, I don't think this will go live. Because this is just stupid OP. Think about it, on Live I have a 35% ember tap + this talent would be 50% HP that can crit, crit will be our specs stat according to Blizz AND our DS. 

Now, in WoD we wont have this much mastery. But on a base pre-made lvl 100 warlock with a 591 ilvl I have a 15.06% HP ET WITHOUT the talent. This heals for about 25k.

Now, the talent isn't working right atm. It's doing the cost reduction but not the healing buff. So we have to math it.

15.05*1.5=22.59% of HP that can crit AND costs half an ember. In theory, we could cast this 8 times per full bar. 8*22.59=180% of our HP over 8 GCDs that's if none of them crit.

This is the part that really brakes it. 200% ember regen from the lvl 100 talent. 4 non crit Incinerates is 1.2 embers. 

Now you are trading damage for healing since it costs embers, but this would basically make warlocks almost unkillable. Throw in SacPact, TW, and a cookie...c'mon son, ain't no warlock dying....ever. PVE or PVP. 

C'mon, you don't think infinite Lay on Hands is a good idea for Warlocks?  As Djargo mentions, with Chaotic Resources, you could top yourself off every 2 casts.  For a level 15 talent, that's like stealing gold from a baby easy.

I suspect the Ember cost is to offset that we will need to spend resources on healing pet (which is arguably already offset by not having to spend multiple globals channeling your own health).  I foresee a heavy baseline healing reduction on the talent because I feel its too strong as it.  Ember Tap buff was probably the LAST thing I expected to see in today's notes.  50% more healing and half the cost is quite significant.

It will be nice to have something to situationally spec into outside of Soul Leech now though.  Frequent raid dmg, Soul Leech, infrequent spike.. Searing Flames may be better, depending on how much healers could use your help to counter it.

Another neat thing with Ember Tap that not all people may know is that if you glyph it to be a dot, the dot stacks with itself.  With Charred Remains ember income, especially in AoE situations, you can have an incredibly powerful Ember Tap hot ticking on you

I also think the change to have Ember Tap heal your pet will allow us to heal it through larger dmg spikes for Solo content.  

Charred remains, Searing Flames, GoSup, Demon Training Glyph, and Ember Tap Glyph.... could allow for some soloing capabilities that will make other classes cry murder.