FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Skeletonfish

WoL tips

Hey Everyone,

First of all thanks for all you do in helping champion the Warlock community!

I feel like my dps is lagging behind what it should be and instead of just blindly asking for help I'd like to learn how to best make use of WoL myself so I can in turn help some others in my guild.

I think I do ok.. but I know there should be improvements, one of the first things that you guys will often do when you look at someone's log is to line up their chaos bolt casts with their trinket/ds procs.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that in WoL.  I assume it might be a custom filter I need to apply?  If you could explain that I would be most appreciative.

Also as an aside what would be a rough estimate on an average chaos bolt for this armory;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Derider/advanced

I'm typically around 1.2 million average depending on the fight, but I feel I should be higher and im not making best use of my 4pc and lining up my trinks/ds as effectively as I could.

Thanks very much in advance.

Simple solution: Go get a Warcraftlogs account and reupload everything there. From there you would select the fight, go to the buffs tab and pin the buffs you want to check (PBI, KTT, DS, etc), and then go to the casts tab and select chaos bolt. WoL is very outdated and no longer being updated, and is thus obsolete. Another alternative is AMR has a pretty decent combat log reviewer (couldn't think of a better word here). You can see what buffs were up a little more easily since the cast lines go down to where the buffs are shown.

Simple solution: Go get a Warcraftlogs account and reupload everything there. From there you would select the fight, go to the buffs tab and pin the buffs you want to check (PBI, KTT, DS, etc), and then go to the casts tab and select chaos bolt. WoL is very outdated and no longer being updated, and is thus obsolete. Another alternative is AMR has a pretty decent combat log reviewer (couldn't think of a better word here). You can see what buffs were up a little more easily since the cast lines go down to where the buffs are shown.

Thanks,  I meant warcraftlogs.  Not sure why I brainfarted and wrote WoL, so used to doing it for so many years.

From there you would select the fight, go to the buffs tab and pin the buffs you want to check (PBI, KTT, DS, etc), and then go to the casts tab and select chaos bolt.

Thank you kindly Orthios, I was easily able to get the information I was looking for!

You're welcome.

Also, for anyone looking into AMR's combat log, it is still in alpha, and thus there are a few bugs still floating around, but the devs do get back to you fairly quickly on their forums. It's looking really nice so far, and I encourage anyone who's on the fence about it to go ahead and sign up and go for it.