Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Military Quarter Heroic Mage Decks

1 post in this topic

I like finding ways to beat all the heroic bosses using one class, this week I was hoping for warrior but that wasn't working out so I decided mage would be best.

Instructor Razuvious:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to beat this one with mage so I opted for Icy's Priest deck (which I had to alter it a little because I didn't have some of the cards). It took a few tries but after getting the right hand I was able to defeat him, thoughtsteal was awesome if you happen to steal his weapon. Shall I become triumphant with a mage deck, I will update the post.

Gothik the Harvester:

Goal for this one, live until hes out of cards. Mage is good for this one because of the plentiful AOE's and Freezes. Also, you can destroy those pesky spectral minions with your own hero power.  The strategy is to take out his minions before you worry about him. When you get the spectral minions, either use sunfury protector to taunt them or use the silences on them.

2x Mirror Image
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Frostbolt
2x Ironbeak Qwl
2x Sunfury Protector
2x Arcane Intellect
2x Frost Nova
1x Ice Barrier
1x Mirror Entity
1x Vaporize
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Spellbreaker
2x Blizzard
1x Argent Commander
2x Flamestrike
I might have switched Mirror Entity for another Ice Barrier but in this case it worked in my favor and gave me an Abomination which cleared the board for me after both Abominations died.
Baron Rivendare:
This one was pretty simple, I packed a few AOE's to take out the first 3 horsemen, (though I ended up killing them one by one because I wasn't dealt many AOE's at first). I also made sure to have plenty of single target freeze cards if his weapon got out of hand. 
2x Arcane Missles
2x Ice Lance
2x Mirror Image
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Arcane Explosion
2x Frostbolt
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Kobold Geomancer
2x Arcane Intellect
2x Frost Nova
1x Ice Barrier
1x Vaporize
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Fireball
1x Argent Commander
1x Flamestrike
He did a number on me before I got control and I was down to 5 health before I had killed the last horseman. Healing cards saved me.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      We are all expecting the announcement of the next Hearthstone expansion at BlizzCon 2016. And we might have just gotten the very first hint about it!
      Υesterday night, the @PlayHearthstone account on Twitter posted the following image. This may be nothing at all or it may be an actual clue about the upcoming Hearthstone expansion.
      Τhe disclaimer of the image reads:
      In World of Warcraft, Gadgetzan is a Goblin city situated in the desert of Tanaris, in the southeast corner of Kalimdor. Gadgeztan used to be a mainland city, but after the Cataclysm hit Azeroth it now enjoys a beach and the sea.
      Redditor BillHicksBoiii noticed three days ago that the domain has been taken by Blizzard. It's difficult to theorise what the expansion could be, though. The obvious link is Goblins, but we've already had the Goblins vs. Gnomes expansion. Unless we are getting a revamp...
      You can also notice a pirate ship in the background of the image, so perhaps a pirate themed expansion?! Moreover, as we've already said, Gadgetzan was one of the cities affected by the Cataclysm. Basically, once Deathwing was awakened, he caused the whole world of Azeroth to change dramatically with earthquakes, tsunamis, the invasion of his forces and just his very own presence. Since Deathwing was originally corrupted by the Old Gods, the first expansion we got this year, it is possible that this expansion may be about Deathwing, his following the Twilight's Hammer or the Cataclysm.
      Of course, all of this is still in the realm of speculation. The image might mean nothing at all! What do you think?
    • By Dominia
      <Mythic on Mains> is a heroic raid team comprised of adult raiders who value their time while progressing through current content. The core group came together in Warlords and cleared all content on both Normal and Heroic.
      We raid Thursday and Sunday evenings.
      Invites: 7:45pm -- First Pull: 8:00pm -- End: 11:00pm (Eastern)
      We are a laid back group looking to have fun while working on current content.
      There will be wipes as we learn. But no raging tantrums or frothing at the mouth. Adult humor and language in chat and voice is ok, however be respectful and mature.
      Be available for a majority of both scheduled evenings (Thu/Sun) and for the entire scheduled raid time (Invites: 7:45pm, End: 11:00pm).
      We have very low tolerance for no-shows. We understand emergencies happen but ask that you make every effort to let us know of an absence as much in advance as possible. Remember there are other humans setting aside their time to do this as well.
      Gear must be enchanted with appropriate enchants. 
      Slotted gear must be gemmed with appropriate gems.
      Maintain an appropriate understanding of your class talents and rotations. Healers must be able to heal effectively. Tanks must be able to tank effectively. DPS must be able to pew pew effectively.
      Bring appropriate buff food, potions (heal, mana, combat), and flasks.
      Read and view fight strategies and videos when asked. 
      Graciously take suggestions for improvement and direction on voice chat. 
      Bring the fun.
      If you are interested in joining us, please apply on this thread at our guild forums:
      You do NOT have to server transfer or join the guild to play with us.
      Contact info:
      BNet: Dominia#1504
      Discord: Dominia#5437
      Twitter: @TheRealDominia
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Resurrect Priest Wild deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Velen OTK Priest Wild deck.
    • By Ackthal
      <Elite> Kel'thuzad (Alliance, US)

Recruiting ranged DPS and healers (855+) for our core heroic raid team. Raid times are Wed/Sun 7:30pm-11:00pm MST. We have plans to push mythic raid content once we have our raid team filled. Also recruiting all skilled players interested in Mythic+ dungeons. Please join our recruitment channel in Discord (, reply to this post, or contact Khryseiss, Snodobaggins, Ackthal, or Unumalum in-game.

<Elite> is an inaugural guild forming the foundation of what is to become an amazing online gaming community. Founding members consist of real life friends and family. We are bringing together our time, resources, skill-sets, and past gaming experiences with the goal of creating a unique environment where people can connect with others who are highly skilled, level-headed, friendly, and fun to be around. Our core membership consists of players with past Mythic/Old Heroic raiding and Gold Challenge Mode experience, as well as many other high-end gaming experiences in other game titles.

We are growing at a fast pace with an increasing pool of players that are focused on Mythic+ content and raiding. We are looking for like-minded people who take the game seriously enough to put in the effort for progression, but at the same time realize that real life, friendships, community, and having fun are more important than clearing content and obtaining gear. Having a sensible demeanor and good attitude is a must. New PVE opportunities are on the horizon, including legacy raiding for achievements/mounts. Please contact us if you are interested. Thank you!